Lt gen 'risky' kahlon is no more

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

The GRENADIERS has suffered one of its worst losses when, last night, Lt Gen RIS Kahlon, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, passed away in the RR Hospital.

The General complained of chest pain on Friday and was admitted in RR Hospital. On Sunday he complained that he was suffering from severe stomach pain. When operated upon, it was discovered that one of his arteries had ruptured. This made his condition more serious and he passed away at approx 2000 h.

His funeral will be held at the Army Cremation Ground, Brar Square at 1500h on Tuesday.

Gen 'RISKY' Kahlon was born on 08 Apr 1939. He was commissioned into the Fighting Fourth and later commanded 16 GRENADIERS (Dec 1975 to Oct 1978) He was a graduate of Staff College, Wellington, the Command and General Staff College, USA, and the National Defence College, New Delhi. He had held a number of instructional and staff appointments including an instructional appointment at Nigerian Defence Academy and also at the Staff College Wellington. He commanded a Mountain Brigade in Sikkim and an Infantry Division in the Western Sector. Twice Deputy Director General of Strategic Planning and Assistant Director General of Perspective Planning at the Army Headquarters, he was the Chief of Staff of a Strike Corps. He was awarded the AVSM while he was in command of a Mountain Brigade. He was awarded UYSM for successfully handling the duties of the Town Commandant, Jaffna during Operation Pawan. He commanded a Strike Rapid before assuming the appointment of Master General of Ordnance in Oct 1993. It was at this time that he assumed the mantle of Colonel of the GRENADIERS. He was awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal for his distinguished services of the most exceptional and conspicuous order.

http://grinderlog.blogspot.com/2011/01/lt-gen-risky-kahlon-is-no-more.html

p2prada

RIP sir.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
RIP General...........!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
R i p ....

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
May your soul find eternal peace, Sir. I really salute you.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Very sad.

He was my Instructor in the Staff Course at DSSC, Wellington.

He was stylish and flamboyant. He had a acute sense of humour.

He had this habit of curling his lips whenever he used any French words which are also used in English, like, au revoir etc. I asked him why did he require to do so. He looked through me, his eyes twinkled, and he said, 'Roy, how would you know if was a foreign word? Knowing you, you would feel that the Sardar was mispronouncing some English word and speaking with a Punjabi accent!'

We had become friends.

His passing away is a great loss to us.

May his soul rest in Peace.

S.A.T.A

Our thoughts with are with the Lt gen Kahlon's family.May his atma receive mukthi.

btw how did he come by the sobriquet 'RISKY' ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
His name is RIS Kahlon and hence, Risk -y.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
May your soul find eternal peace , Sir . I really salute you .

JayATL

My wife saw the post and she said soldier to soldier ( my wife is a marine) Hoo-Rah! God bless

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles