Looking for Ganesha

wrigsted

Country flag
I am looking for a Ganesha Brass figurine as a present to my nieces at her confirmation. Is a celebration being held for young people when they are about fourteen. She has always been interested in Ganesh since she as a child saw a small poster on my wall and I told her the story of how he got his head. Since then I have been presented as "my uncle, him with the Elephant God" when I meet her acquaintances.
I been looking around the net, at Ebay and other obvious places but have not found anything proper. It's either poor quality at a high price or from China! So does anyone know where I might find a copper / bronze Ganesha about 4-6 "(10-15cm) in height, I can buy here from Denmark?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am looking for a Ganesha Brass figurine as a present to my nieces at her confirmation. Is a celebration being held for young people when they are about fourteen. She has always been interested in Ganesh since she as a child saw a small poster on my wall and I told her the story of how he got his head. Since then I have been presented as "my uncle, him with the Elephant God" when I meet her acquaintances.
I been looking around the net, at Ebay and other obvious places but have not found anything proper. It's either poor quality at a high price or from China! So does anyone know where I might find a copper / bronze Ganesha about 4-6 "(10-15cm) in height, I can buy here from Denmark?
try ebay, amazon, etsy or some online handicraft sites such as those in the UK.

ninja85

ganesha is prime god for us hindus and it is not some piece of decoration or toy to present children.

ghost

Search results for: 'Ganesh' | Giftease

Lakshmi Statue - Laxmi Ganesh Statue and Ganesh Statues Exporter and Wholesaler | Mani Overseas, New Delhi

Showpieces - Buy decorative items, showpieces Online in India | Jabong.com

http://compare.buyhatke.com/products/LORD-GANESH-IDOL

http://blog.orangecarton.com/sacredly-keep-ganesh-idols-home/ go through it
or if you know someone in india ask them to buy for you from wholeseller and then ship it to you that way it would be a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I am looking for a Ganesha Brass figurine as a present to my nieces at her confirmation. Is a celebration being held for young people when they are about fourteen.
Isn't it a kinda weird gift for confirmation. I mean, confirmation is one of the most important christian ceremonies.

Anyway, I like this one, but unfortunately (for you :taunt:), not in danmark.

Last edited:

wrigsted

Country flag
First an apology for not responding until now, but had to get out to help a friend with a flooded Sommerhus. People often use Easter to look to their Sommerhus, which have been closed down for the winter and things like a leeks, mouse or other damage shows up.
Thanks for the good suggestions and good article on how to treat the figure with respect. Are there some Indian whole sellers who have a websites? The new brass figurines I can find (be it Buddha, Lakshmi and Ganesha) are all mass produced in China, which does not feel quite right somehow. As an example, the nice figure @Razor linking to the Chinese as far as I understand. And yes Razor, the Confirmation is, or was, a Christian tradition where the young should reconfirm their baptism.
But the church is very weak in this country, half of the priests are women and most of them liberal feminists, who would make India's secular liberals look like hardcore supporters of Hindutva. For many young people Confirmation just an excuse for a party and gifts. Parents have the party because that is what "you" do. For them, it happened to one of the four things you do in a church, being Baptized, Confirmed, Married and then Buried.
It's not so bad with my niece, she has gone to Sunday school as a child and is part of the 10-20% of young people who know what Christianity actually is. She could probably explain not only why we celebrate Easter but and also the mystery Christians associate with it. Which is more than most Danish adults are able to.
In response to @ninja85; There are some 14 year olds (or 29 year olds for that matter) I would not give a pointed stick because I would be afraid that they might hurt themselves or others and there will be 70 year olds who I would not give a good book because I do not believe they would treat it with the proper respect.
Look at it this way. That I give my niece a Ganesha figure is both a sign of the respect I have for her and the respect I hold for Ganesha
She is the oldest of the next generation in our family and as far as I see , she will become the matriarch of the family. She is clearly the strongest of our girls and none of us have sons.
No disrespect intended.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninja85

First an apology for not responding until now
In response to @ninja85; There are some 14 year olds (or 29 year olds for that matter) I would not give a pointed stick because I would be afraid that they might hurt themselves or others and there will be 70 year olds who I would not give a good book because I do not believe they would treat it with the proper respect.
Look at it this way. That I give my niece a Ganesha figure is both a sign of the respect I have for her and the respect I hold for Ganesha
She is the oldest of the next generation in our family and as far as I see , she will become the matriarch of the family. She is clearly the strongest of our girls and none of us have sons.
No disrespect intended.
no need apology and don't worry too much.:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles