Looking for ex-airforce pilots to know about IAF

Ashutosh Lokhande

I know its classified sir,but I don't want the details about the vehicles procurement and all those things,but it will be helpful at least people like you and forums like these are giving inputs from various sources.no problem,any other thing that he can help regarding the IAF details related to engineering services,if I have a chance I would love to come back to India after masters and join air force as an engineer :) do you know what is the exact process for joining as an engineer and what will be the physical fitness levels?
i think you should try contacting @Ray as he is serving in the armed forces and he can help you about the process for joining and fitness level required. and moreover all these info you mentioned can also be found on google.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I know its classified sir,but I don't want the details about the vehicles procurement and all those things,but it will be helpful at least people like you and forums like these are giving inputs from various sources.no problem,any other thing that he can help regarding the IAF details related to engineering services,if I have a chance I would love to come back to India after masters and join air force as an engineer :) do you know what is the exact process for joining as an engineer and what will be the physical fitness levels?
1. Clear AFCAT.
2. Clear SSB.&&/|| PABT (for Pilot).
3. Clear medical (they are particular about eyesight, a pal of mine got rejected from IAF medical for pilot, but made it in the army medical)
??
4. Profit.

sriharsha.kunda

Yes sir I have already searched some info on Google and found out some details,but some of friends said as a pH.d graduates there will be some direct recruitment process for joining IAF as an engineer (ground duties). I have eye sight,so I think I'm not fit as a pilot,but as I said before I will return to India after my pH.d with all my research work contributing to the development of IAF. So I have questions in my mind like am I eligible to join IAF after 25 years as an engineer,if its not possible is there any special wing dedicated for the r&d of IAF,except NAL and DRDO ? If everything fails I'm ready to start my own startup in India and develop UAVs for IAF . all I want is to make a path which will lead ultimately to IAF and serve my motherland with my knowledge. I have previously competed ncc b certificate when I was in college. Later I never had a chance to join any camps as I have make my choice to study abroad. :(

sriharsha.kunda

There no SET as of now,there is GATE exam,but I did not make it to the level of joining DRDO as my score is way too low. They need 95th percentile of marks at least to join any defense related organizations.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
There no SET as of now,there is GATE exam,but I did not make it to the level of joining DRDO as my score is way too low. They need 95th percentile of marks at least to join any defense related organizations.
Dude, AFCAT. Technical, Pilot and Ground entry, you can choose. Physical is a little lenient for tech guys.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I am from India,right now I'm in USA pursuing my masters. I am doing my research on the Indian Air force UAV systems,I would like to know some details related to the present development of UAVs in IAF. Some of the details might be confidential as even the operators won't even know about them,all I need is like what is the key role of these unmanned aerial vehicles in present scenario inside the air force and how our air force will be concentrating on increasing the unmanned airpower in the coming years. It will be really helpful if you can help me to contact your brother sir :):)
One of my cousin was a Group Captain in IAF but he is not so net savvy. Also not sure if he is gonna reveal the "secrets" anyway and never tells any secrets even to me.

I would ask if he can be contacted.

btw are you in CIA soliciting secrets of IAF? :spy: :confused: :lol:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
One of my cousin was a Group Captain in IAF but he is not so net savvy. Also not sure if he is gonna reveal the "secrets" anyway and never tells any secrets even to me.

I would ask if he can be contacted.

btw are you in CIA soliciting secrets of IAF? :spy: :confused: :lol:
since when america started copying? Don't you know there is special nation dedicated for copying and hacking?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles