Londonistan ?? Muhammad most common name given to babies in London

Blackwater

Pakistani and Bangladeshi families are easily the poorest. High unemployment among men, low levels of economic activity by women, low pay and large family sizes all contribute to a situation in which 60 per cent fall below the unofficial poverty line set by half average household income.

Pakistani and Bangladeshi families 'four times more likely to live in poverty' | Joseph Rowntree Foundation => Another link.

Not to forget phaaji, That 50% of force marriages are also from pakis in UK

honeybadger

@Singh
from the link you gave joseph R foundation:

'Low earnings and large family sizes meant that as many as 40 per cent of Bangladeshi and Pakistani working families are receiving Family Credit and other 'in-work' benefits, compared with only 8 per cent of white couples with children. '

40 percentage is a huge and significant number.
Usually numbers between 90% to 99% are taken from backside and raise suspicion from me.
Sorry for the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
To me, the below lines from the OP article were more significant than the frequency of a particular name.

GFRs for the UK show that women born in Pakistan have the highest fertility rates of the five individual maternal countries of birth examined, with around 180 births per thousand women in 2011, compared with around 60 births per thousand for UK born women.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh
from the link you gave joseph R foundation:

'Low earnings and large family sizes meant that as many as 40 per cent of Bangladeshi and Pakistani working families are receiving Family Credit and other 'in-work' benefits, compared with only 8 per cent of white couples with children. '

40 percentage is a huge and significant number.
Usually numbers between 90% to 99% are taken from backside and raise suspicion from me.
Sorry for the hassle.
I don't quite follow your criticism. Anyways, I just found out this conclusion relied on 15 year old data.

The Family Resources Survey published in June 2012 is far more eye opening, I'd not use that data if I were arguing against @Blackwater

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I know lots of desis and lots of white people are on benefit, but not sure about percentage of pakistani people. Please share with me the link.
Thank you.
if you can understand urdu

honeybadger

I don't quite follow your criticism. Anyways, I just found out this conclusion relied on 15 year old data.

The Family Resources Survey published in June 2012 is far more eye opening, I'd not use that data if I were arguing against @Blackwater
I have no criticism as such, was merely asking for the source of the data, if I was told it was meant just to say.. 'loads of people' I would have stopped there.
I find it as amusing as a comment from random guy talking about 78% of Indians being poor ( when the news is about India's latest satellite launch.) lolz.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have no criticism as such, was merely asking for the source of the data, if I was told it was meant just to say.. 'loads of people' I would have stopped there.
I find it as amusing as a comment from random guy talking about 78% of Indians being poor ( when the news is about India's latest satellite launch.) lolz.
I still don't follow your argument ?
The Family Resources Survey is Govt data.

honeybadger

if you can understand urdu
Such educational consultants are avaiable in many north Indian states who arrange students to be sent here. There was a BBC news item about people from punjab sleeping rough under flyover. Some of them have burnt their passport but willing to go back to India, GoI is taking own time to get them the document.

Anyway, no student gets benefit in UK.

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
i don't know why the hell people get this idea that iam bashing pakistanis.

topic is about pakistan. Isn't it???
so i posted in favor of the opinion that condition of majority of the pakistanis is not good as compared to there fellow south asians bretheren i.e bongs and indis

POST A SIMILAR THREAD ABOUT INDIA AND I WILL POST INDIA RELATED MATERIALS

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

so i posted in favor of the opinion that condition of majority of the pakistanis is not good as compared to there fellow south asians bretheren i.e bongs and indis

Topic was not about Pakistan per se.

1. Conditions of Illegal Immigrants is not good. Period.
2. A majority of Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis are not illegal immigrants and we are not even discussing them.
3. Conditions of Pakistanis maybe a tad bit better than Bangladeshis , this is anecdotal.
4. Indians are much much better off as compared to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, and in many important metrics better off compared to Whites too.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Topic was not about Pakistan per se.

1. Conditions of Illegal Immigrants is not good. Period.
2. A majority of Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis are not illegal immigrants and we are not even discussing them.
3. Conditions of Pakistanis maybe a tad bit better than Bangladeshis , this is anecdotal.
4. Indians are much much better off as compared to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, and in many important metrics better off compared to Whites too.
ok sir :gangnam:

Blackwater

@Singh ..thanks for posting the data, I will be grateful if you can post the link where you got the stats from.

Pakistanis and bangladeshis are clubbed together, I would tend to think it will be lower for pakistanis due to higher level of poverty among bangladeshis. (not sure how significantly it affects).
@Blackwater .. like singh observed, people of pakistani origin have significant percentage on doles. still dont know where you got the 95 % from.
Not in UK. In every govt or banks or council or electoral forms, ethnicity is clearly mentioned on them, indian-pakistan -bangladesh is clearly mentioned seprately.

must be in ur Pakistani mind, u still think pakis and bangladeshi are still same:p:p:p

ok if it is easier to understand or digest ,take it as majority instead of 95%:p:p

Blackwater

cool down brother. though topic was not about Pakistan but i took pakis example in my post becoz they are the largest muslim community in UK

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles