Lockheed May Pitch F-35; GoI Says No Plans to Buy F-35

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
Then no chance for F-35 to win, if they add, they are just wasting our time, by prolonging the winner of MMRCA...

ganesh177

Country flag
the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee last week asked the Defense Department to study by November the "desirability and feasibility" of a future JSF sale to India,
If the report is done by november, then dont you think its bit too late, considering india is looking to announce the winner by july 2012 ? Does india have apetite to start the procedure alll again and study the f-35 offer ?

Country flag
This is not feasible after spending almost a decade over MRCA this would probably be even further delay.

bhramos

Country flag
I think GoI should upgrade Mig-21 bisons to F-35 standards. :D
This is very easy, already IAF tested Plasma Stealth on MiG-21, its a very ready program, and can enter service faster and before then F-35........;-)

plugwater

If the report is done by november, then dont you think its bit too late, considering india is looking to announce the winner by july 2012 ? Does india have apetite to start the procedure alll again and study the f-35 offer ?
Yes its too late.
MRCA winner will be announced before this year end. If IAF wants F-35 they can scrap MRCA and buy them in FMS.

plugwater

Maybe SFC can buy 40 F-35s. I think it will suit them well.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Its more than 11 bn, have read it on many articles.

Why wud operational combat be compromised with f-35 ?
if you buys F-35, americans will put lot of conditions like you should use f-35 fighter for defense only. i.e we can't use f-35 to bomb terrorist camp in pakistan. Americans geeks will show up every other day demanding through inspection of each and every F-35 that you have. they will check inventory of your f-35 missiles and weapons whenever they want. (this information can also be traded with pakistan). Americans will know where your F-35s are all the time and where you store your weapons and missiles.

plus, if anything like sep 11 happens, then amercians will pull the plug and stop supplies of F-35's and its spare parts (they have done this even to nato countries). plus they will force you to sign all other agreements that americans wants you to sign. it is a complete surrender.

enough said, i hope u got the point.

ganesh177

Country flag
On second thoughts this looks just impossible.
They are just going to take time till november to study the prospect of future sales of jsf to india. If the study is finished in time, then they might have to get the senate approval, and then the final offer for india will be on table. That wud be the time india wud had already or wud be announcing the mrca winner. If US arrives late, i dont think india will start the procedure all again. And if they just scrap mrca, then that will be even more childish and india will be laughing stock of the world. Also that wud have negative impact on future procurements of india.

If india at all wants f-35's then that has to be a altogether different and independent deal from mrca.

Only because its bloomberg reporting it got me bit interested.

Last edited:

chex3009

Country flag
^^^UTK, this is what i actually told you sometime back when we had conversation in SB.

Either the Americans will introduce new player (F-35) in the game or will push the Super Hornet with renewed terms.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its an American ploy to see if this offer puts a spanner in the works of Indian MRCA. They really can't be serious about it. This jet is nowhere close to production. Games being played to delay indian MRCA.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
^^^UTK, this is what i actually told you sometime back when we had conversation in SB.

Either the Americans will introduce new player (F-35) in the game or will push the Super Hornet with renewed terms.
no matter what, americans are going to lose big time on this deal.

Immanuel

Country flag
If they have to win according to mrca rfp, they'll have to provide upto 60% tot, which i dont think will be a problem considering that the f-35's parts come from all across partner countries, sure we wont get much tot in engines or radars but i doubt we'll get that even with Ef or Rafale coz US parts are very much in Rafale and EF, including Radar components and targeting systems on rafale as well as radar and mission computers on EF just to mention a few. US is no need to clearing full-tot on sensi parts that are Ef and Rafale, neither can guarantee full-tot. i am pretty sure whether we pick rafale or ef, US made parts will still flow into final assembly at Hal from US till the very last delivery.

Israel to buy 20 F-35 fighter jets in deal with US

The price isn't bad either, f-35 sells for $100 million to the Issys. Now if we play our cards right we too can have some level of customization plus a kick ass aircraft at a good price. F-35's cost over a life time will certainly be lower than the EF or Rafale primarily due to it being a single engine aircraft. Plus its genrations ahead in avionics. Put in the new 50k engine either from PW or GE and we've got ourselves an aircraft we can buy atleast in two configs F-35A&B.

Furthermore, we can readily pick up missile launches and location of launchers like the new Hatf-9 short range nuke missiles from long way off. If we place an order now, i am sure they can make space for delivery starting 2015, an order of 126 would be big enough for the US to speed up deliveries considering we would easily order another 74 or even more shortly. I hope the f-35IN is on offer it will certainly be the ideal mrca. it will so compliment the PAKFA and the AMCA. we'd be the only force to operate 3 stealth fighters.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Its an American ploy to see if this offer puts a spanner in the works of Indian MRCA. They really can't be serious about it. This jet is nowhere close to production. Games being played to delay indian MRCA.
OH yes, Good point Yusuf :)... F-35 is no where close to obtaining FOC :D

even if this thing gets FOC by 2015, then we are looking into another 10 years to get our first delivery of F-35. because americans will fill their own inventory first with F-35 followed by other major nato allies before we get our turn.

plugwater

If they have to win according to mrca rfp, they'll have to provide upto 60% tot, which i dont think will be a problem considering that the f-35's parts come from all across partner countries, sure we wont get much tot in engines or radars but i doubt we'll get that even with Ef or Rafale coz US parts are very much in Rafale and EF, including Radar components and targeting systems on rafale as well as radar and mission computers on EF just to mention a few. US is no need to clearing full-tot on sensi parts that are Ef and Rafale, neither can guarantee full-tot. i am pretty sure whether we pick rafale or ef, US made parts will still flow into final assembly at Hal from US till the very last delivery.

Israel to buy 20 F-35 fighter jets in deal with US

The price isn't bad either, f-35 sells for $100 million to the Issys. Now if we play our cards right we too can have some level of customization plus a kick ass aircraft at a good price. F-35's cost over a life time will certainly be lower than the EF or Rafale primarily due to it being a single engine aircraft. Plus its genrations ahead in avionics. Put in the new 50k engine either from PW or GE and we've got ourselves an aircraft we can buy atleast in two configs F-35A&B.

Furthermore, we can readily pick up missile launches and location of launchers like the new Hatf-9 short range nuke missiles from long way off. If we place an order now, i am sure they can make space for delivery starting 2015, an order of 126 would be big enough for the US to speed up deliveries considering we would easily order another 74 or even more shortly. I hope the f-35IN is on offer it will certainly be the ideal mrca. it will so compliment the PAKFA and the AMCA. we'd be the only force to operate 3 stealth fighters.
For one F-35 we ll end up paying 250+ million. Take anything we have bought so far from US as an example, Everything is twice or thrice costlier than the price they sold to other countries, So how do you expect them to give this aircraft for around 100mill?

And how about the assembly line in India ? Would they be offering that too as well?

Country flag
And how about the assembly line in India ? Would they be offering that too as well?
There would be absoluetly no TOT on the plane or any missiles,radar etc... we would also have to figure out how to utilize the network capability??

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...t-f-35-joint-strike-fighter-into-support.html

ALIS is a web-based information management system that will automate the capturing, analysing and communicating of F-35 maintenance and support data, initially at Fort Worth but eventually globally

pack leader

Professional
we are paying 125 mil for modified system
you will pay 115 like Canada and UK
this a great plane but delivery for India will start in 2016 best case scenario
can you wait that long ???

pack leader

Professional
maybe India buy's Israeli mode with Israeli systems
to make the plane different from generic plane with better capability

bhramos

Country flag
maybe India buy's Israeli mode with Israeli systems
to make the plane different from generic plane with better capability
India always used Israeli electronics, but will be able to Put Brahmos or any other missile systems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles