Light Strike Vehicle RFI

Which 4X4 LSV will Serve in Indian Army ?

• Vectra`s LSV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abingdonboy

Country flag
Any updates on the LSV (light strike vehicle) buy for the IA's SFs? It's depressing to 1.2 litre Gypsies being used in this role as they are currently.

Blackwater

Any updates on the LSV (light strike vehicle) buy for the IA's SFs? It's depressing to 1.2 litre Gypsies being used in this role as they are currently.
gypsy is 1.3L . u r downgrading mighty gypsy by 100cc. :lol::lol:

one 100cc hero honda can carry 2 more people:rofl::rofl:

Immanuel

Country flag
Otokar Cobra is also a nice vehicle, comes with amphibious kit as well, can be kitted with Anti tank missiles, HMGs, 20mm canons etc.

http://www.otokar.com/db/en/products/b/cobra_bro.pdf

I think seems like the best we can get for SF units, I think over all its the best we can get off the shelf and offcourse pimp it up for rougher Indian conditions.

captonjohn

Country flag
I checked COBRA's specification. What's wrong with it why army has not selected it for trial? Any idea?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Cobra manufactured by turks, When a RFI is launched companies from the globe submit there proposals ..

Turks did not did so, Hence not part of the tender ..

Twinblade

Country flag
what the hell goes on in indian army there seem to be never ending trial for lsv almost from how many years now when one hope something would be progressing then "Request for proposals is expected in the fourth quater of 2013-2014 "

Tatas, M&M, Ashok Leyland eye Rs. 10,000-cr defence deals - Hindustan Times

ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MANY TRIALS HOW MANY YEAR'S HOW MANY RFP WOULD BE THERE

There has been no RFP till date. To create a final requirement several RFIs can be called, without calling for an RFP. Only RFIs had been called in this project and the 2008 trials were most likely demo trials.

sivachandan

poor sight for driver...i think it is unsuitable for terrain in INDO-PAK border

ghost

There has been no RFP till date. To create a final requirement several RFIs can be called, without calling for an RFP. Only RFIs had been called in this project and the 2008 trials were most likely demo trials.
I know about the demo which is prevalent in army in case of most of the product but can you enlighten me more about demo trials are they suppose to be such extensive as in case of lsv?if they were demo trials they were done in 2008 now is 2014 is such a long gap normal?I mean would there be trial again after rfp or just the lowest bidder among all of them would be chosen after they submit their proposals.

Twinblade

Country flag
I know about the demo which is prevalent in army in case of most of the product but can you enlighten me more about demo trials are they suppose to be such extensive as in case of lsv?if they were demo trials they were done in 2008 now is 2014 is such a long gap normal?I mean would there be trial again after rfp or just the lowest bidder among all of them would be chosen after they submit their proposals.
Demo trials can be extensive as well. many manufacturers send their products to the prospective users for Demo so that their feedbacks can be incorporated before the actual procurement. Demos also enable the user to create realistic requirements. After Demos, RFIs and other inquiries, some departments prepare a state of the art or a similar report about the industry/product segment. Based on that, and operational requirements, qualitative requirements are generated resulting in an RFP. RFP has two parts, technical proposal and commercial proposal. The technical bid is qualified via trials and have to be cleared by a technical evaluation committee (TEC). The commercial bids are opened only for those proposals who have cleared TEC evaluations, following which L1 is cleared for further negotiations.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Kalyani Garuda 105mm sub-ton ultra-light field gun, can be mounted on the chosen LSV platform from the below:

This could be an invaluable asset for the mountains and for strike corps!

@Kunal Biswas do you think they can be made to take up anti-armor role in direct-fire mode, if required?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If i am not mistaking, Its range is lesser than 80mm motar ..

It would have been logical if they mounted a Infantry motar on LSV ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles