Life of Pi - A different look

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I enjoyed the first part with the boy Pi. When the meerkats appeared I lost the thread of the story. I did not know π can continue indefinitely.

Pi (1998) - IMDb
A paranoid mathematician searches for a key number that will unlock the universal patterns found in nature.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I looked at some more reviews, and it seems that the OP was making the movie sound overly philosophical. :dude:

Apparently, Pi decides to feed the tiger not out of some dharmic beliefs, but because Pi is trapped on a raft that is being tugged by the boat which the tiger occupies. Pi feeds the tiger fish to keep it from eating him and make it well-disposed towards him.

If there is any underlying philosophy, it's merely the Wille zum Leben.
Pi had the opportunity to kill the tiger, but did not. To me the story had more to do with perception of reality, like what we saw in the Japanese film Roshoman. I thought the novel on which the film was based might have been partially autobiographical, but apparently not.

Yann Martel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like the description in this part of India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pondicherry

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Fascinating movie, underneath the spectacle 3D effect hides a sad and cruel story.

Anyone finds out that neither of two stories are true and knows what actually happens to Pi?

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Fascinating movie, underneath the spectacle 3D effect hides a sad and cruel story.

Anyone finds out that neither of two stories are true and knows what actually happens to Pi?

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830
Movie made from a novel written by Yann Martel.

sob

Mod
Country flag
A remarkable 3D movie. good to enjoy the acting and the special effects. nothing more.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles