Life as a Territorial Army soldier

malluowl

Hi guys,

I am inviting all Territorial Army members to post their experiences as a member of the Territorial Army. Some of the pointer that will make it great:

1. Number of years you have been a TA
2. What made you make this decision
3. Have you seen any action, if so, when and where.
4. Received any commando training.

Rage

DFI TEAM
We haven't got too many armed services professionals here. We have one Brigadier, who's a Bharat Ratna awardee no less. One doctor in the AMC. And one American soldier, of Indian descent, in the Medical Corps (MC) of the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD) who also served in Operation Desert Storm. Apart from that, lots in the defence industry and PSU sector, several in media and journalism and a ton studying engineering interested in future defense possibilities; or political science and other subjects interested in strategic affairs.

Edit: I might add, we have several *foreign armed service professionals as well.

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
Anyway, here's the Territorial Army:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonynon

Lol u sound like you're some agent trying to lure out criminals :)
We haven't got too many armed services professionals here. We have one Brigadier, who's a Bharat Ratna awardee no less. One doctor in the AMC. And one American soldier, of Indian descent, in the Medical Corps (MC) of the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD) who also served in Operation Desert Storm.
I'm joining the IDF in a few months myself. Can't wait to join that list!

Ikomkar

Hi all...Interesting topic ..strange i feel people are not taking it serious..Its a magnificient oppurtunity for people who are inspired to join Indian Army and serve the nation..I completely vouch with Lt.Col...Any body who is already in to the TA can explain lot many things to us ,,, particlualry for people who are aspiring to be TA...Kindly concede..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We haven't got too many armed services professionals here. We have one Brigadier, who's a Bharat Ratna awardee no less. One doctor in the AMC. And one American soldier, of Indian descent, in the Medical Corps (MC) of the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD) who also served in Operation Desert Storm. Apart from that, lots in the defence industry and PSU sector, several in media and journalism and a ton studying engineering interested in future defense possibilities; or political science and other subjects interested in strategic affairs.

Edit: I might add, we have several *foreign armed service professionals as well.
I don't think anyone in the Armed Forces is yet to get a Bharat Ratna. :)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Complying with a GoI notification on social media/internet use amongst serving armed professionals, we have a policy of not identifying members who are serving professionals from the Indian Armed Forces.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles