LeT Threatens to Strike At Vaishno Devi

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think its a prudent approach to go a bullet for a bomb approach. Pakistanis live for this.

We have to go about this an innovative way. We need to put economic pressure on Pakistan, and at the same time stoke the fires of division there as a response.
One thing I proposed was to put a Anti-terrorism tax on those MNC's also operating in Pakistan, to force them to leave Pakistan.
Another thing we can do, is to put pressure on neighbours dealing with Pakistan, to stop doing so.
And then we should obviously support the Baloch, the Sindhis, the Seraikis, the Barelvis, the Shiites, the Ahmadis, the Xtians etc. to put pressure on Pak.
India does not have any economic leverage to punish Pak economically.

Yes to all other point about encouraging the separatists in Pak but that should be an overall foreign policy goal.

In the short term, bullet for bomb is quite and answer. Well it will certainly raise stakes and put economic pressure on Pak as well to sustain any escalation.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India does not have any economic leverage to punish Pak economically.

Yes to all other point about encouraging the separatists in Pak but that should be an overall foreign policy goal.

In the short term, bullet for bomb is quite and answer. Well it will certainly raise stakes and put economic pressure on Pak as well to sustain any escalation.
If we don't have the economic leverage, then how can we use asymmetric warfare leverage ?

Think of the situation from a strategic pov. Pakistan is a massive militia/terrorist making factory, why should we deliberately paint a bullseye sign on our backs, when we can make them fight amongst each other ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If we don't have the economic leverage, then how can we use asymmetric warfare leverage ?

Think of the situation from a strategic pov. Pakistan is a massive militia/terrorist making factory, why should we deliberately paint a bullseye sign on our backs, when we can make them fight amongst each other ?
1) short term plan to stop terror attacks
a) active anti terror policy and policing
b) deter state sponsored terror by having pro active policy in place like what I am suggesting.

2) we already are a big bulls eye for terrorists. Our policy will not change anything.
At best it will further expose the complicity of Pak state and terror nexus and gives India more reasons to escalate.

3) international opinion will be in favor of India.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Isn't this place threatened every year?? From what I have heard there is A LOT of security deployed for this festival.

I know for sure that SOFs are especially deployed to provide securtity and if the SCUMBAGS want to tangle with those guys good luck to them- they'll be in the ground all too soon!

mayfair

It seems that there is a game of upmanship between the TSPA poodles for a slice of the pie. TTP comes out with promises of revenge against the eevil Yindus for hanging an innocent momin, and no we have the PigLeTs seeing that their thunder being stolen by the new upstarts have decided to promise a revenge of their own, which would upstage the uppity jaahil Pakhtoons.

Why do I fear a renewed round of terror attacks in India, the new battleground for the TSP poodles, where each one tries to upstage the other by trying to take more Yeendu lives and cause more destruction than the other. The impotent GoI will stand by as usual. Terrifying prospect indeed.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I wonder if geelani leads any prayers when paki terrorist kills kashmiri civilians ?

:hmm:

kenshiShimura

Tihar Jail
Banned
To fix pakistan we already have COLD-START in place, its just that we need a willing government (Modi anyone ? ) , and a new reason.. reasons are plenty thanks to pakeestan , missing from the picture is modi....

Tronic

Global Defence

New threads

Articles