LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda arrested on Indo-Nepal Border

SPIEZ

Country flag
The info was shared after the arrest was announced. Till then even I had no knowledge of it.
You are not only giving away the identity of your friend, but your also trying to jeopardize the IB's operations by almost giving details about their modus operandi.

Decklander

You are not only giving away the identity of your friend, but your also trying to jeopardize the IB's operations by almost giving details about their modus operandi.
sorry i did not name anyone and FYI, this modus operandi has been published many times over in news papers.

TrueSpirit

Charity begins at home. If that particular individual did not want this info to spread, he should have kept it to himself & his org.

When he cannot help sharing his own info, how could he possibly expect others not to spill beans ?

The moment he opened his mouth on this, he should have known this would spread far & wide. So, instead of @Decklander Sir, I would rather put the onus on the IB officer to honor his oath of confidentiality.

If you really want a secret to remain a secret, do not share it. If you share it yourself, do not expect others to contain it to themselves, when you could not keep it to yourself.

But, this is all theory.

To connect, we share. That's human nature. We confide in friends to keep nurturing our bonds.

But, I am pretty sure whatever details the IB officer shared would be very high-level & no specific details of operations or contact/individuals would have been discussed. Men with responsibility do realize where the line is being crossed & they usually refrain from reaching that line.

Speaking from experience because I keep hearing from old friends about operations being conducted in badlands (cash-transfers, sabotage, subterfuge, phony wars) but neither do I ask for lot of details nor do my friends care to share more than what could be safely discussed. As for me, I do not discuss these things even with people closest to me, including my wife. So, my friends do realize whatever they share would be safe with me.

That is, unless, I get greedy, dauntless or attention-hungry enough to publish a tell-all journal on some blog/publication; which is a distinct prospect when I am old :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this man had turned approver three years back. the latest intelligence about an attack on 15th Aug was given by him. he became person non grata in Pak. IB rescued him. IB does not have powers to arrest. So all these so called arrests from delhi railway station or airport or border are actually IB games. IB has infact even killed guys in Nepal and BD. Can't share much. The guy is a brahmin.
Dont get it, why he want to be in Indian custody, when he will surly get to hang till death for all those bomb blasts. Surely he is not that stupid. Pakistan may not want him, but we are going to send him to other world that is beyond doubt.

Decklander

Dont get it, why he want to be in Indian custody, when he will surly get to hang till death for all those bomb blasts. Surely he is not that stupid. Pakistan may not want him, but we are going to send him to other world that is beyond doubt.
I agree with your POV. even I do not know what use he is to us here in India. he was better off in Pak and passing us info. Maybe, ISI came to know of his double status and so RAW/IB removed him to the safety of Indian prison. He is nearly 70 yrs old. So he might just die a natural death in India. That may have been one of the reasons for him turning to IB/RAW.

Decklander

Charity begins at home. If that particular individual did not want this info to spread, he should have kept it to himself & his org.

When he cannot help sharing his own info, how could he possibly expect others not to spill beans ?

The moment he opened his mouth on this, he should have known this would spread far & wide. So, instead of @Decklander Sir, I would rather put the onus on the IB officer to honor his oath of confidentiality.

If you really want a secret to remain a secret, do not share it. If you share it yourself, do not expect others to contain it to themselves, when you could not keep it to yourself.

But, this is all theory.

To connect, we share. That's human nature. We confide in friends to keep nurturing our bonds.

But, I am pretty sure whatever details the IB officer shared would be very high-level & no specific details of operations or contact/individuals would have been discussed. Men with responsibility do realize where the line is being crossed & they usually refrain from reaching that line.

Speaking from experience because I keep hearing from old friends about operations being conducted in badlands (cash-transfers, sabotage, subterfuge, phony wars) but neither do I ask for lot of details nor do my friends care to share more than what could be safely discussed. As for me, I do not discuss these things even with people closest to me, including my wife. So, my friends do realize whatever they share would be safe with me.

That is, unless, I get greedy, dauntless or attention-hungry enough to publish a tell-all journal on some blog/publication; which is a distinct prospect when I am old :)
We both know our redlines and while we do discuss things but we never talk specifics nor do I ask any specifics.

SPIEZ

Country flag
sorry i did not name anyone and FYI, this modus operandi has been published many times over in news papers.
It your responsibility to keep such info at a "NEED TO KNOW" basis.
Most papers publish shyte along with the actual facts. It's going to be very hard to differentiate between what is wrong and what is right with the information given by the media.

TrueSpirit

We both know our redlines and while we do discuss things but we never talk specifics nor do I ask any specifics.
I already know/believe it, Sir. That's the ethos/pact between friends holding sensitive positions.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Former ISI chief Hamid Gul was Lashkar terrorist: Abdul Karim Tunda's

Former ISI chief Hamid Gul was Lashkar terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda's handler: sources

New Delhi: Abdul Karim Tunda, the senior terrorist from the Lashkar-e-Taiba or LeT arrested on Friday, claims he was handled by Hamid Gul, the former chief of Pakistan's spy agency, sources in the Delhi Police said.

They added that in 48 hours of interrogation, Tunda, 70, has shared crucial information on how the Pakistani establishment is funding and inciting terror attacks in India.

Hamid Gul, who retired in 1989 as chief of the Inter-Services Intelligence Agency, denied the allegations.

Speaking to NDTV, Hamid Gul said, "Not at all. I left ISI in June 1989 and retired from military service in 1992. I had nothing to do with ISI in 1995. And ISI would never handle a man like Tunda. I don't recall and I have a good memory. No possibility that I met him ever."

Tunda allegedly claims that he met Hamid Gul for the first time in 1995, and that the ISI runs a massive operation to print fake Indian currency which is used to sponsor terror attacks in India. He said the main players in the counterfeit racket are Major Tayib, Major Altaf and Major Iqbal - his interrogators say these could be code names or people actually working for the Pakistan army

Till he was arrested on the India-Nepal border late on Friday night, Tunda had been on the list of India's 20-most wanted terrorists. He is believed to have helped plan and execute 40 blasts in Delhi and other cities during the 90s. He grew up in and around Delhi and escaped to Pakistan in 1995.

Former ISI chief Hamid Gul was Lashkar terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda's handler: sources | NDTV.com

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Re: Former ISI chief Hamid Gul was Lashkar terrorist: Abdul Karim Tund

If terrorists are being made the chiefs of a country's intelligence services then this shows the sorry situation of a degraded state or country.......

India should deal with pakistan fastly and should solve the Kashmir issue once and for all.....

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Tunda's son, son-in-law also part of LeT

NEW DELHI: Abdul Karim Tunda is not the only jihadi in the family. His son Abdul Waris, third among seven siblings, and son-in-law Aftab are also members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Tunda's interrogation has revealed.

Waris, in his late 30s, was even arrested in Jammu and Kashmir in 2000 with a consignment and was in jail till 2008. "Waris fled again to Pakistan after his release. However, nobody knew he was Tunda's son as he was arrested with a different identity," said a source.

Activities of Tunda's two brothers, Abdul Haq and Abdul Malik, are also suspicious. "Haq has been once arrested as well," said an officer. According to the interrogation, the "facilitator" Tunda and his family regularly get money from LeT, ISI, Wadhwa Singh of Babbar Khalsa International and other organizations.

Tunda's terror activities had slowly moved to fake currency on the directions of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). The master bomber is believed to have told interrogators about two majors—identified as Tayeeb and Altaf—deputed by ISI to push fake currencies into India.

He has claimed that ISI's best bet was fake currency guru, the Indian-born Iqbal Kana—a close aide of Dawood Ibrahim. ISI and the D-company network had pushed Tunda to deal with fake currencies since 2005. Tunda claimed to have met underworld Dawood several times in Karachi. Dawood apparently lives in a safe house in Karachi and is guarded by ISI.

Both the majors had allegedly used Tunda as he had a well-entrenched network in Bangladesh and Nepal—two favourite points to push fake notes in India. Tunda had also met former ISI Chief Hamid Gul in 1995 and was in constant touch with him, sources said.

According to sources, Dawood is now himself overseeing the FICN network while the logistics is provided by Kana and Tunda. Fake notes are printed at a secured press under the watchful gaze of ISI handlers. Investigators said Tunda had claimed that Kana usually had a target to push at least Rs 1,600 crore of fake notes every year. Though his claims seem far fetched, several central agencies like RAW, IB and NIA are verifying these.

Only recently, the central government had informed Parliament that fake notes are being routed into the country through China and Nepal.

Tunda's son, son-in-law also part of LeT - The Times of India

Whole family is engaged in Anti India activities @A chauhan

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
The question arises, why an IB official sharing inside knowledge with a civilian? I think it is about time to investigate this individual as well and if found guilty show him the exit sign from his duties.
Why does it seem that you two civilians think that you know a lot more than the people actually involved in the deeply secret clandestine business?
I am sure that the officers involved in these agencies know their limits, because lives of countless deep cover agents and civilians (public) depends on their actions and integrity and they are very well aware of it.
And they also know that no one can be trusted in this business. So if they divulge any information, I am sure that it is deeply thought over and they are sure that is not going to cause any damage/harm to operations.

Totally agree, sir.

These kind of deals are very common in the clandestine business. Double agents are often helped with asylum or other benefits. I think that by the time he is charge-sheeted (which, by the way may be less severe than actual as part of the deal) and convicted, he may be spared on health grounds and would lead a life in custody with proper medical care until his natural death.
All depends on how much he could offer in return for asylum, or being spared the death sentence.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Re: Former ISI chief Hamid Gul was Lashkar terrorist: Abdul Karim Tund

shameful pakistanis are letting black hindu converts to marry there daughters for the sake of bombing indian cities.

lakh lanat at the fattu mard e momin :gangnam:
well pakistanis selling there daughters to terrorists is no biggie they are the most begherat madharsa educated com

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Lashkar bomb-maker Tunda slapped by man in court

NEW DELHI: Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) bomb-maker and terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda was on Tuesday slapped by a man who claimed to be a member of a group called Hindu Sena while he was entering the Patiala House district courts here, police said.

The attacker and his accomplice were detained.

Tunda was arrested by Delhi Police last week from the India-Nepal border.

Shiv Kumar Raghav, 40, slapped Tunda at around 3.50pm when the terrorist was being taken to a court after three days of police custody.

Along with Raghav, another member of Hindu Sena, Vishnu Gupta, was also detained by police just after the attack.

"Tunda is a traitor, he should be hanged," Raghav was shouting after he slapped Tunda and was detained by police.

Police personnel have been reinforced outside Patiala House court after the incident.

Lashkar bomb-maker Tunda slapped by man in court - The Times of India

Job well done by Vishu Gupta.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
again, what is the quid pro quo going on here , cuo bono - who benefits ? i`m extremely sure that the UAE/KSA/USA setup is extracing their pound of flesh. question is what exactly is this the deal here ?
@Yusuf any insights on this ?
The only pound of flesh can be Iran.
That apart, the Saudis are doing it for their own good. While they like to export Wahabism & the fundamentalism that comes with it, they dont like any to come to their shores. It will sooner or later but they are trying hard to stop it.
Notice how they support the army in Egypt & not the Muslim Brotherhood. They dont want MB likes take root in their country and destabilise it.

JBH22

Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda slapped inside court premises in Delhi
Despite tight security, Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda was slapped by a man in the Patiala House court premises in Delhi this afternoon as he was being led by cops into a courtroom.

The 70-year-old bomb-maker was reportedly assaulted by a member of a fringe outfit called the Hindu Sena. The two attackers have been detained by the Delhi Police.

Following the attack, the judge ordered that proceedings in the case will be held in-camera. The judge also asked the police to ensure his security when he is brought to court next. The terrorist was arrested on Friday last.

The Delhi court extended Tunda's custody by four days after the initial three-day custody ended today. The court also allowed Tunda to be taken to West Bengal after the police wanted the court's permission to take him to three states, apart from Delhi, where he allegedly carried out 40 bomb blasts in the 1990s.

The cops claim the Lashkar man has already made startling revelations about his alleged association with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence or ISI and other men on India's wanted list like underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and Lashkar boss Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.

He has even allegedly told the police that he was trained by former ISI chef Hamid Gul, who has denied ever having met the bomb-maker.

He has reportedly given the cops details about the people involved and places from where he sources and assembled explosives for these terror attacks.

In 1985, Tunda's left hand was blown off while he was making a pipe bomb in Tonk and he got the name Tunda - meaning a one-handed man.
Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda slapped inside court premises in Delhi | NDTV.com

parijataka

Country flag
The only pound of flesh can be Iran.
That apart, the Saudis are doing it for their own good. While they like to export Wahabism & the fundamentalism that comes with it, they dont like any to come to their shores. It will sooner or later but they are trying hard to stop it.
Notice how they support the army in Egypt & not the Muslim Brotherhood. They dont want MB likes take root in their country and destabilise it.
ME countries are generous with funds for Jihadi activities in S Asia, however they do not like the same on their home turf !

How a tip-off from UAE helped track down Tunda on Nepal border

In fact, Tunda's arrest was only possible because of the UAE's help, sources said. He was allegedly visiting mosques and madrasas in the UAE, trying to motivate Indian Muslim youth from lower income backgrounds to join jihadi groups.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Abdul Karim Tunda holds grudges against Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, says he was sidelined

NEW DELHI: Arrested terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda told his interrogators that he holds a grudge against Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi for scuttling his chances of reaching the top position in the outfit despite being the "architect" of its pan-India structure, which was earlier confined to Kashmir.

Senior Delhi police officials who interrogated the 70-year-old bomb expert said he blamed Lakhvi for keeping him on "fringes" of the LeT which carried out number of terror attacks in India.

"He says that Lakhvi, who is the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, made sure that Tunda remains on the fringes of the organisation. He said Lakhvi did not allow him to come into the decision making body," the officials said.

"Tunda claims that he came in contact with LeT in 1991 and since then he had worked tirelessly to build and nurture the terror outfit's structure outside Kashmir. This continued even after he left India and went to Pakistan," the officials who are involved in Tunda's interrogation said.

They said Tunda also claimed that he was sidelined by the top LeT leadership ahead of the 26/11 attacks after his spat with Lakhvi over financial issues.

"Despite being one of the main founders of LeT's pan-India operations, Tunda was kept out of the details of the operation.

Some of the younger operatives of LeT, including Abu Jundal, were being preferred over Tunda," said another police official.

Tunda claimed that he was merely informed about the happenings of the Mumbai attack by Jama'at-ud-Da'wah chief Hafiz Saeed who had instructed him to concentrate on Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) into India, the investigators said.

Tunda, who was holding a Pakistani passport with the name Abdul Quddus, was arrested on August 16 from an area on the Indo-Nepal border after being on the run in several countries for 19 years.

Abdul Karim Tunda holds grudges against Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, says he was sidelined - Economic Times

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles