Less than 1% of terror attacks in EU by Muslims

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
You should talk to some politicians in your country (and many others countries), they'll tell you about the Syrian rebels and the Chechen rebels and the Kashmiri rebels. Try John "older than dirt" McCain..
Read my opinion of John McCain in the "Syrian Crisis" thread. He is an American hero of the Vietnam war, but his recent thinking is not sound.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My government does not listen to me. My government only listens to itself and sycophants in the press.
I had an argument with Christine fair on twitter.

[TWEET] 338842952669470720 [/TWEET]

[TWEET]339004121594073088[/TWEET]

[TWEET]339038127928774658[/TWEET]

[TWEET]339039669364850688[/TWEET]

[TWEET]339039867776430080[/TWEET]

[TWEET]339040352264663040[/TWEET]

TrueSpirit

On 9/11/2001 (Sept 11) Muslim Terrorist killed ~3000 people in America. Otoh every year 30000 Americans die due to firearm injuries (and similar numbers due to side effects of painkillers).
Interesting observation.:laugh:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@W.G.Ewald
@TrueSpirit

My point, terrorism is not a leading cause of death and but it scares us far more. We need to give due importance to preventing terrorism and punishing terrorists, but we need not make the be all and end all.

The kind of draconian laws and acts we have to prevent terrorism, and the kind of money spent to prevent terrorism imho is a bit of an overreach.

We have seen in the UK, where the two muslims despite not having access to sophisticated weapons, used knives to butcher a soldier on the street.

80/20 principle can apply here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The only thing which saves US is their distance... if US had borders with any of these jihadi countries results would be different.
Absolutely not.

Central and South American gangbangers have caused much more damage to USA than what the Jihadis could or would have.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Did Ms. Unfair follow up on her threat to "block" you? It was truly amusing to see her constantly parroting the same line over and over. :pound:
I dont know. She didnt reply after my last few tweets.

I told her even before she has a pro pak bias that she denies. While she has good expertise on the region and even the language, all that has not helpee the US and I tweeted as such.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

JBH22

On 9/11/2001 (Sept 11) Muslim Terrorist killed ~3000 people in America. Otoh every year 30000 Americans die due to firearm injuries (and similar numbers due to side effects of painkillers).
If we follow same logic then you tend to justify everything, In India more people die to road accidents than to Islamic terrorism then what is the idiosyncrasy that we found in these numbers

JBH22

PS:This is the question that wannabe fighters have in their minds, trophy women after ghazwa e Europe :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If we follow same logic then you tend to justify everything, In India more people die to road accidents than to Islamic terrorism then what is the idiosyncrasy that we found in these numbers
Who is justifying ?

I am more worried about dying from road accident than from a terror strike.

JBH22

Who is justifying ?

I am more worried about dying from road accident than from a terror strike
then what is terrorism is a lesser evil.

I believe you are justifying with your comments

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
then what is terrorism is a lesser evil.
I believe you are justifying with your comments
Are we comparing on scales of evil ? This would mean that I treat driving on a road to be a greater evil than suicide bombing, and taking painkillers to be even greater evil. (They kill on an average perhaps more people than who die in road accidents in USA)).

That is absurd.

To reiterate there is a greater chance you will die of a road accident if you live in India, or die of a painkiller related side effect if you live in USA then there is a chance of you dying from a terror strike. In fact the odds of you dying in a terror strike are 1/10000(hope my back of the envelope calculation is correct) of any other leading cause of death.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
The article is distortion of truth.....this article reminds me of the BS coined by 'Edward Said', a phenomena of Islam being propagated as 'religion of peace' after every Ghastly act of violence against humanity (read non-muslims). Now the phrase 'religion of peace' has become a punchline a mockery that even pakis ( read schizo dumb islamists) desist to use (as people now don't laugh they feel disgusted at this phrase). Similarly, twisting facts and retorting Islam has claimed less lives through terror is a slap on the face of people who have laid their lives fighting against Jihad and Islamic tyranny!

JBH22

Are we comparing on scales of evil ? This would mean that I treat driving on a road to be a greater evil than suicide bombing, and taking painkillers to be even greater evil. (They kill on an average perhaps more people than who die in road accidents in USA)).

That is absurd.

To reiterate there is a greater chance you will die of a road accident if you live in India, or die of a painkiller related side effect if you live in USA then there is a chance of you dying from a terror strike. In fact the odds of you dying in a terror strike are 1/10000(hope my back of the envelope calculation is correct) of any other leading cause of death.
Accident and murder a retwo different things don't make it numbers.

As Joseph Stalin quipped " A single death is a tragedy a million of dead is a statistic", don't get into this sir ji.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles