Learn from India: ex-PLA officer

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hu Shih was a good taiwan politician indeed and a taiwanese should of coz be called Chinese

Hu was born in Shanghai to Hu Chuan (Chinese: 胡傳; pinyin: Hú Chuán) and Feng Shundi (Chinese: 馮順弟; pinyin: Féng Shùndì). His ancestors were from Jixi, Anhui. In January 1904, his family established an arranged marriage for Hu with Chiang Tung-hsiu (Chinese: 江冬秀; pinyin: Jiāng Dōngxiù), an illiterate girl with bound feet who was one year older than he was. The marriage took place in December 1917. Hu received his fundamental education in Jixi and Shanghai.
I find the quote is taken from western sources to Indian sources..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
not trying to derail the thread but the funny thing is since when do u indians call a taiwanese chinese??

Hu Shih was a good taiwan politician indeed and a taiwanese should of coz be called chinese but what u said is never heard and seen in chinese fonts and the all the sources up there can only be tracked back to indian websites excluding those who quote the sentence from indian sites....i really doubt if its just another india created myth just like nehru asked the US to grant china a seat in SC instead of india kind of things........of coz cant be sure like the nehru 1.....
So, by your statements it is clear that TAIWAN does not belong to CHINA and CHINA is forcibly trying to occupy TAIWAN...........

huaxia rox

I find the quote is taken from western sources to Indian sources..
i guess i know hu shih way better than u do and whats your point here?

besides as i said the quote can be found only in indian sites or quoted from indian sites....thats odd....no mainland site or taiwanese site ever mentions this......u know how famous he is dont u? and of coz what seems to be more interesting is u only got this quote itself....when where why with whom or in what book he said or wrote that is something hard to find...maybe u can help me with this to show me some info coz i m not saying this has to be a joke like the nehru thing but just quite unusual from what i can find so far....

So, by your statements it is clear that TAIWAN does not belong to CHINA and CHINA is forcibly trying to occupy TAIWAN...........
unlike situations in some other areas...mainland and taiwan were currently separated due largely to ideology......no religion problem like christans killing muslims kind....no racial problem....we know each other very well......the situation is a bit like the era of the US civil war...so do we have to try to forcibly 'occupy' TAIWAN???most likely we dont i guess....what the US has done to us is being off set real quick coz the mainland is developing real quick and many gaps between mainland and taiwan r actually beginning to disapear...

Yes you are so correct. Do you know I am Nelson Mandela.
whats your point??my indian friend.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
i guess i know hu shih way better than u do and whats your point here?

besides as i said the quote can be found only in indian sites or quoted from indian sites....thats odd....no mainland site or taiwanese site ever mentions this......u know how famous he is dont u? and of coz what seems to be more interesting is u only got this quote itself....when where why with whom or in what book he said or wrote that is something hard to find...maybe u can help me with this to show me some info coz i m not saying this has to be a joke like the nehru thing but just quite unusual from what i can find so far....

unlike situations in some other areas...mainland and taiwan were currently separated due largely to ideology......no religion problem like christans killing muslims kind....no racial problem....we know each other very well......the situation is a bit like the era of the US civil war...so do we have to try to forcibly 'occupy' TAIWAN???most likely we dont i guess....what the US has done to us is being off set real quick coz the mainland is developing real quick and many gaps between mainland and taiwan r actually beginning to disapear...

whats your point??my indian friend.
Mainland China is one of the MOST regulated webs in the world - slightly behind North Korea and Saudi Arabia - so what's the point?
AFAIK, Taiwan has two overarching concerns - PRC threat and US support - and they talk about very little else.

So, what's your point? If it is not discussed on the PRC or ROC press a lot then it is not worth or not true?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
the quote is basically their way of trying to claim that buddha was from india. but actually he was from nepal
Do you even know the meaning of the term "Buddha".

Siddhartha Gautama was born in present day Nepal. He attained enlightenment (i.e became Buddha) in present day India. Nation states are a European construct, so please refrain from making these nonsensical arguments.

Also, the Chinese rulers hated Buddhism and finally got rid of it, so why do you even want to associate yourself with this philosophy ? Rewrite your history books and remove all traces of Buddha from it, you can get tips from your deeper than mountain friend.

huaxia rox

In that sense what the point of discussing ?
my points r
1 i dont know u indians like to call taiwanese chinese....hu shih was a ROC citizen...(ripublic of china) aka taiwan now.....r u with me on this??
2 i cant find any info regarding the quote frenqutly used by my indian friends........from web sites othr than indian (or those quoted from indian web sites)......so i raised a question that i really doubt this quote (without things like when where with whom mr hu said or wrote that?)was actually made up.........i m not saying i have to be right so i m hoping anyone can help me to clear my doubts.........

Mainland China is one of the MOST regulated webs in the world - slightly behind North Korea and Saudi Arabia - so what's the point?
AFAIK, Taiwan has two overarching concerns - PRC threat and US support - and they talk about very little else.

So, what's your point? If it is not discussed on the PRC or ROC press a lot then it is not worth or not true?
i can read info in taiwanese web sites too.....any control there???

concerns r ok i think....no concerns we r already 1 nation right? u people even dreaming of occupying kashmir.....how many concerns do u have?? u still dreamming right? no problem...so whats your point? my indian friend........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles