LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Again we have 2 years time for mk1a....as still foc production will take 2 years at 8/year production rate

chetan chopade

<hello friends, please tell me this thread is correct for my post below...if not kindly point me to right thread>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LCA tejas: History: Newspaper clippings

Hello guys, I will be showcasing here my old newspaper clipping of HAL LCA 'Tejas'.

1. Date: someday between 4 Jan 2001 and 6 June 2002
Newspaper: Unknown from India
Language: Marathi
Translation: (Title) Second test for light combat aircrafts soon
(Details also mention that HAL trainer aircraft and NAL 'Saras' transportation aircraft will have test flights too in near future.)

My comments: LCA number KH-2001, a Technology Demonstrator TD-1 vehicle, First LCA(4 Jan 2001) to fly is shown in the image. This news could be few weeks before TD-2 maiden flight(6 June 2002) or could be about second flight of TD-1. It is a sad state of affairs that even after so many years, these projects are still in development phase. To see that how optimistic the news seemed that day, only break your heart what actually happened in years after that.
Future's Human Spaceflight Mission.JPG

1. Date: 8 June 2003
Newspaper: Unknown from India
Language: Marathi
Translation: (Title) Completion of a dream
(Details: An interview with Mr. S.C. Lakkad (IIT Powai- Director(?)))

My comments: It is an interview with discussion revolving around Tejas decelopment, 1998 nuclear test, various sanctions after that, need of LCA etc. It could have happened between LCA TD-2 flights and Prototype Vehicle PV-1 maiden flight (25 Nov 2003).
Lightweight Lander-GLEX2017-1.JPG

Lightweight Lander-GLEX2017-2.JPG

(https://www.chetansindiaspaceflight.com/2019/01/lca-tejas-history-newspaper-clippings.html)

chetan chopade

hello friends, as i am a new member here, i cannot create new threads.

if possible, could anyone of you please create two threads as follows?
1. "IAF history"
2. "IAF modelling- hobby collection"

Reactions: Kay

rone

Country flag
Which One Is Griffin Air ti ground missile? The reper uav payload?

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
ASIA & PACIFIC
18:09 11.02.2019Get short URL
The fully loaded Tejas MK-1 will be equipped with battle-ready capabilities, including mid-air refuelling, AESA radar, an electronic warfare array, and smart bombs.

New Delhi (Sputnik): Almost a quarter-century after the project was first conceived, India has begun the production of its own Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) named Tejas. The fighter jet gained Final Operational Clearance (FOC) last month, the Indian Ministry of Defence announced on Monday.

The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) handed over FOC configuration documents to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited on 31 December 2018, "which is duly cleared by the Centre of Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) to go ahead with the production of FOC fighter aircraft. Accordingly, HAL has taken up the production of LCA, FOC fighter aircraft," Subhash Bhamre, India's Minister of State for Defence said on Monday.

The Indian Air Force, which urgently needs to maintain its present squadron strength, contracted with state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the procurement of 20 Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) standard aircraft on 31 March 2006; the order was due to be completed by December 2011 and another contract for 20 FOC standard aircraft was signed on 23 December 2010, for fulfilment by December 2016. However, IOC was acquired by ADA only in December 2013 and so far, only 12 IOC of a consignment of 16 fighter aircraft have been delivered to IAF.

Enquirer

Wow so mk1a is also in parellel not after 20 foc mk1
AM i right?
Probably not in parallel. FOC aircraft will probably all get delivered before Mk1A begins (MK1A doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight anyways)

vishnugupt

Country flag
I don't see any delivery gap between MK1 (with FOC) and MK1a because there is no structural difference. HAL can manufacture MK1a as it will have the same parameters as MK1 with FOC has and add AESA and EW suit in phase manner. Whole Tejas saga has proved one thing clearly that HAL sound more practical and logical than IAF

Jackd

So they managed to clear the gun trials or not? ( It was delinked from FOC, I guess)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles