LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But who is the buyer of it? If it is not the state you cannot make private entities order more just to sell weapons.
Yes, govt can. By relaxing import controls.

Palm oil is one of the biggest imports by India.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Malaysia isn't going to buy anything with Israeli parts in it.
UTTAM AESA is expected to be operational by then, so is the Astra BVRAAM. We will need to provide an option for EW suite and HMD though. Don't know much about Malaysia-Israel relations.

IndianHawk

Country flag
But who is the buyer of it? If it is not the state you cannot make private entities order more just to sell weapons.
Indian palm oil imports are going up every year .
Regardless of deal India will import more palm oil from Malaysia.
It also buys from Indonesia so a deal might see an increase of Malaysian import at the cost of Indonesian import.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
Malaysia isn't going to buy anything with Israeli parts in it.
Too bad. Both Indian and Korean options contain Israeli tech. Jf17 can't be sold as Pakistan can't by palm oil neither can Pakistan extend credit . Not to mention jf17 can't fire bvr and is an all metal third rate junk.

So what remains? YAK 30 ? Aren't Malaysian fed up of Russian weaponry.

Btw why would Malaysia request RFI from India and Korea knowing that they contain Israeli tech.
Just to waste their own time?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Too bad. Both Indian and Korean options contain Israeli tech. Jf17 can't be sold as Pakistan can't by palm oil neither can Pakistan extend credit . Not to mention jf17 can't fire bvr and is an all metal third rate junk.

So what remains? YAK 30 ? Aren't Malaysian fed up of Russian weaponry.

Btw why would Malaysia request RFI from India and Korea knowing that they contain Israeli tech.
Just to waste their own time?

The T-50 has options that can avoid any Israeli equipment which is why it is favoured to win. They will only be paying 15% in cash and they want the rest in palm oil payments. Given the volatility of the bio fuels market I don't know what bank wants to take that risk. Only a government financing to take palm oil as payment would solve that.

Deathstar

Country flag
We should look into Africa and Latin American countries for our export

IndianHawk

Country flag
We should look into Africa and Latin American countries for our export
We will export them surely. Chinese will some of them cheap junk fighters and then rival of these nation will have to buy an affordable reliable solution which is lca.

IndianHawk

Country flag
The T-50 has options that can avoid any Israeli equipment which is why it is favoured to win. They will only be paying 15% in cash and they want the rest in palm oil payments. Given the volatility of the bio fuels market I don't know what bank wants to take that risk. Only a government financing to take palm oil as payment would solve that.
T50 is favourite because it is literally what the contest demands a lead in fighter trainer.

While lca is through and through supersonic fighter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
T50 is favourite because it is literally what the contest demands a lead in fighter trainer.

While lca is through and through supersonic fighter.
They weren't offered the trainer variant, they were offered the fighter variant. They already have BAe Hawks as advanced trainers. The availability of MiG-29s and Su-30s is so bad they had to use Hawks to supplement the few F-18s they have to conduct air strikes. The FA-50s will free up the Hawks back to their trainer role.

IndianHawk

Country flag
They weren't offered the trainer variant, they were offered the fighter variant. They already have BAe Hawks as advanced trainers. The availability of MiG-29s and Su-30s is so bad they had to use Hawks to supplement the few F-18s they have to conduct air strikes. The FA-50s will free up the Hawks back to their trainer role.
Malaysian call it lead in fighter trainer. FA50 is a trainer / fighter combo.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I read the Malaysian news. They are partial to fa50 but it lacks air to air refueling.
Hence I guess the it is mk1a which will be offered to Malaysia .
Since Malaysia has a very small airforce 18 su30+ 8 f18 and some hawks a light fighter with aesa, ew , air to air refueling will be very potent for them . Mk1a will be costly but in long run operational costs will be lower thanks to f404.

G10

Country flag
With Naval LCA flying its logical that they will test it on Carrier. It will only help to build confidence though as mk1 may not enter production.

IndianHawk

Country flag
With Naval LCA flying its logical that they will test it on Carrier. It will only help to build confidence though as mk1 may not enter production.
There are talks about using NLCA mk1 as supersonic trainer for naval pilots .
Right now we send naval pilots to USA to train on goshawks. ( As I read on Bharat Rakshak).

So maybe some NLCA will see production for this reason.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think new people do not know the capability enhancement of Tejas Mk1+. I will post it.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Design Change:

Structural changes.
1) Nose cone is sharpen for better aerodynamic performance.
2) Wing blending improved with fuselage for better lift and reduction in RCS.
3) Canopy elevated to improve Aerodynamic performance and improve acceleration.
4) More composites shall go in outer surface to make plane lighter in weight and reduce RCS.
5) Duel missile racks to carry More missiles.

This will result in:
1) Improvement in MTOW by 300 kg due to lift coefficient which is an excellent outcome.
2) Radar cross section shall decrease further because of more composites and design tweaks.
3) Transonic acceleration and highest speed shall improve a lot.
4) Farry range is improved because of aerodynamic changes and ability to carry more fuel.
5) STR shall be improved to 18* .
6) AOA shall be improved by few degrees because of tweaking of wings.
7) Weight carrying will increased by 500 kg.
8) It shall be much more maintenance friendly aircraft with easy accessibility to many LRUS and low maintenance.
8) It will have hot air refueling and OBOG as well.

Electronics , Weapons and communication and net centric warfare capability.

1) UTTAM is planned now planned in MK1 instead of ELTA 2052. This will open the way for integration of METEOR. AMRAM is planned as the short range missile. ASTRA shall be incorporated with MK1 till ASTRA MK2 and SFDR missile arrives. It will carry 2 missiles in missile rack on each hand point.
2) It will have net centric warfare capability by which Tejas shall be connected with 40 other planes with Net centric integration and shall be able to communicate with other planes in a secured DATA link.
3) It will have a state of art EW mounted outside the planes. Gun position is also changed slightly for better arrangement of external payload.

So new Tejas will be more faster, more maneuverable and will carry higher payload. I It will have top class AESA and world's best WVR and BVR missiles with very low RCS and very good EW and ultra long range AAM. Tejas mk1A is a very good plane getting even better and shall be more than a match with India's enemies can come up within coming decade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles