LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Feeling very good after reading the interview...
He also appreciates the safety factors built into the jet, in that it is impossible to depart from the approved flight envelope limits. This makes the aircraft “very, very safe,” he says. “This is a very positive thing, but at the same time this can be marginally negative because at times, if I would like to exceed the aircraft’s limits, I can't do that,” he adds...

...“There are situations where you need the g,” he says. “Most of the time you can rely on sensors and BVR weapons, and you do not need to engage in close combat. But you should not be a sitting duck in case somebody closes in for some reason. Merges do take place despite whatever type of sensors you have. There are times when the criticality of the mission is high, and you need to take certain risks. In those missions you tend to go further, and the merges take place. If you are capable in terms of pulling more g, you may turn these situations to your advantage. That is what I feel as a fighter pilot.”
...although they should keep an option to turn it off in emergencies, or atleast marginally loosen the leash.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

...although they should keep an option to turn it off in emergencies, or atleast marginally loosen the leash.
Bhai..though its not offcial.
But members in brf says...jammer can be still fitted in ioc(external hard point)...
And it won't be a problem as botg jammer and radar are isarael...and from elta......
And we have some elta jammers...are too..
From our retired sea harrier

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

And bhai I am not worried abt tejas in its current form
I see current tejas as. Tejas mk1a

sorcerer

Country flag
Tejas light combat aircraft bulks up into medium weight category
Numerous additional capabilities demanded by the Indian Air Force (IAF) for the Tejas Mark 2, which is still on the drawing board, will increase the weight of the 14.5 tonne aircraft by three tonnes, into the 17.5 tonne medium fighter class. “We now call the Tejas Mark 2 a medium weight fighter, or MWF”, said a senior Tejas designer in a classified briefing in New Delhi on Friday

https://chandercaller.com/2019/04/1...ircraft-bulks-up-into-medium-weight-category/

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I would say that such things are classified. A Mig 21 shot down F-16 with WVR. This should be a good starting point.
You replied to my previous cmnt...
Now tejas ioc too has.....derby bvr....

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And I believe after amca.....we won't go for any foreign fighter...
We will have 3 desi fighters
1.tejas mk1a(light)
2.mwf(medium)
3.amca(advance medium)
Found this on BRF...
Either LCA's wings were much larger in the '90s or its fuselage was shorter.
D3d9FhHU8AAbJmw.jpg

Also note the cute 2-seater variant(?) with bulged back. Like Mig-21Bis, 1-seater Tejas could have it too someday.

garg_bharat

Country flag
India needs at least 400 small single engine fighters like Tejas. These fighters should fill all first line air defence bases; and second line air defence should be longer ranged Su-30, Mig-29 or similar Western aircrafts.

India needs a minimum of 1200 fighters. The current number is too far off. India should have at least 200 dedicated bombers out of this. The only one left in this role is Jaguar which is not suitable for mountains. Multi-role Mirage-2000 and Rafale will fill this role partially. Hoping that AMCA comes early and provides a deep attack capability sorely needed.

India should pick up 100 F-15 ex Japan and 21 Mig-29 from Russia to cope with short term shortage; as we cannot acquire new builds fast enough either locally or overseas. I believe Japan offer of 100 F-15 is very tempting.

Kchontha

Country flag
Super sukhois are more than enough, imho no need for second hand f15 at the moment.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

THANOS

Hi. I am new here. can anyone tell how to make a new thread ??

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Just asking.....
Is it possible to have those grounded Malaysian mig29s.....if viable for iaf .in half price.....
And deliver with tejas.....
Then they have to pay 50℅

neeraj_

Hello ersakthivel, looong time buddy!!
Remeber the days when we both were trying to defend Tejas and indigenous weapons?? Seems like the story still goes on :))

You can dedicate your life trying to defend it as it still need it. Mission 2030.

India needs at least 400 small single engine fighters like Tejas. These fighters should fill all first line air defence bases; and second line air defence should be longer ranged Su-30, Mig-29 or similar Western aircrafts.

India needs a minimum of 1200 fighters. The current number is too far off. India should have at least 200 dedicated bombers out of this. The only one left in this role is Jaguar which is not suitable for mountains. Multi-role Mirage-2000 and Rafale will fill this role partially. Hoping that AMCA comes early and provides a deep attack capability sorely needed.

India should pick up 100 F-15 ex Japan and 21 Mig-29 from Russia to cope with short term shortage; as we cannot acquire new builds fast enough either locally or overseas. I believe Japan offer of 100 F-15 is very tempting.

They didn't offer us .

And we need tech transfer as offset deal to aide in AMCA development. F 15 isn't the need of the hour it will require upgrade then training equipments etc too and will actually take more time. If we had F15 in our. Inventory it would have made sense but not now.

neeraj_

Just asking.....
Is it possible to have those grounded Malaysian mig29s.....if viable for iaf .in half price.....
And deliver with tejas.....
Then they have to pay 50℅
Will they be willing to pay the cost HAL is asking IAF to pay for Tejas mk1a?

But what we can offer them is a complete system with Netra + Tejas (or Hawks too )

They have a squadron worth sukhoi too and they are always down .

Netra+tejas will give them unique capability as well cement Indian presence there .

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles