LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Knowitall

Yes f-16 is better in many regards yes it is battle hardened but it will never be tejas because tejas is ours we made it we can refine it we can change it we can upgrade it all without asking anyone.

Things like this really don't matter because from a strategic point of view our weapons give us the options to do whatever we want to with them there is no fear of spare parts etc.

If we plan of being a world power we need to have our own weapons and defence industry.

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
A generic mention of F 16 will definitely led one to think the comparison is with best possible version i.e. blk 70/72

He said he referred to blk 70 so be it. Anyway mk2 is still almost a decade away let it fly and then compare. Porki F 16 blk 52 still have all the bang which we are trying mk2 to have the real difference will be missiles if UTTAM AESA works out fine.
If the comparison referred to a generic F-16, no issues. But the conversation started with specific reference to porki F-16s. No member referred to F-16 Blk 70/72 except himself but he tried to pass the buck by saying some other member brought Blk70 into the conversation. That's incorrect.

You're right Mk2 is a long ways to go - but the specs planned for Mk2 are superior to that of current Blk 52. Take Uttam AESA for example - there are reports that it's performance (150km?) is exceeding expectations and also >2052. Or SFDR. Trial runs are on for both as well as other sub systems. If in 10 years we have gone from paper missiles and radar to systems today that are catching up with current tech, there is a degree of confidence in saying that in the next 10 years, building on our current capabilities MK2 will be armed with leading edge tech that will most certainly exceed that of current Blk 52.

#pkmkb #destroypakistan

Imaxxx

Country flag
Planted piece or slow news day or stirring the pot?
Malaysia considers purchase of Indian jet fighters
Kashmir tensions fail to stymie trade as Kuala Lumpur looks to upgrade air force
KIRAN SHARMA, Nikkei staff writer
November 24, 2019 13:54 JST

NEW DELHI -- Malaysia has expressed interest in purchasing India's Tejas multi-role combat aircraft, despite strained ties with New Delhi over Kashmir.
State-run Hindustan Aeronautics, manufacturer of the single-engine jet touted as the world's lightest supersonic fighter, appears keen to submit a bid early next year to supply up to 36 of the aircraft to the Royal Malaysian Air Force, according to defense-related sources who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The development comes despite recent tensions between India and Malaysia following Kuala Lumpur's support of Pakistan over Kashmir, a Muslim-majority region whose special status was scrapped in August by the Indian government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, in his speech at the U.N. General Assembly in September, said India had "invaded and occupied" Kashmir, a disputed region that both New Delhi and Islamabad claim. The Indian government slammed his remarks as "unacceptable."
Fearing government action against Kuala Lumpur, Indian importers had decided over a month ago not to procure palm oil from Malaysia. Analysts point out, however, that even though diplomatic ties have suffered, the Indian government has not stopped trade with Malaysia.
B.V. Mehta, executive director of the Solvent Extractors' Association of India, told the Nikkei Asian Review this week that some traders had resumed importing from the Southeast Asian country, which supplies 3 million tons of palm oil annually to India.
The association had previously advised traders last month to be cautious in dealing with Malaysia as it anticipated retaliatory action against the country. But Mehta said "some people have started buying [palm oil] again."
Analysts similarly feel that the frosty relations will not hinder Hindustan Aeronautics' efforts to sell their fighter. "Hindustan Aeronautics is trying to [grow] and... also working on developing an international division," said Pankaj Jha, former deputy director of India's National Security Council Secretariat.
He said the bilateral tensions are "momentary" and will definitely ease in the future. "Moreover, Mahathir won't be at the helm for more than two or three years, after which India-Malaysia relations will be back on track."
Still, one of the sources said "the Hindustan Aeronautics cannot proceed to bid for the Malaysian contract until it gets a nod from the Indian government," though the source also feels that relations will improve in the near future.
Tejas, which means radiance in Sanskrit, was on display at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition in Malaysia last March. Mahathir and Defense Minister Mohamad Sabu inspected the aircraft and met with members of the Indian Air Force.
According to Malaysia's state-run Bernama news agency, Royal Malaysian Air Force chief Gen. Affendi Buang said that 40% of his fleet -- which includes British, American and Russian fighters -- needs to be upgraded immediately.
Hindustan Aeronautics Chairman and Managing Director R. Madhavan said on the sidelines of the March exhibition that Tejas would be a good replacement for Malaysia's fighter jets.
Tejas is equipped with advanced systems for avionics, weapons, navigation and radar, and is capable of carrying armaments from different countries.
Apart from Tejas, Malaysia is considering the JF-17 fighter, codeveloped by China and Pakistan, and South Korea's FA-50.
Defense analyst Jha points out that India has been using Russian aircraft for decades, and drew inspiration from those jets when developing Tejas. "Malaysia has also been using Russian aircraft, making Tejas [a good fit]."
https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Malaysia-considers-purchase-of-Indian-jet-fighters

#pkmkb #destroypakistan

Shashwat

Country flag
Screenshot from 2019-11-29 14.41.14.png

LSP2 seems to be back in the air with Uttam. Hoping for a quick turnaround for Mk1A. Numbers in flight data seems to be either dated or intentionally delayed. Flight documentation for Naval variants seems to be stuck at those numbers.

Source- ADA

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Not really. Here is the chain of messages. In fact it was @HariPrasad-1 who praised Tejas's planned electronic capabilities and mentioned "porky F16 will be no match to Tejal". Read the words again: porky F-16. FYI - not sure if you are aware, porkis don't have F-16 Blk 70/72.

Please point out who and in which post specifically mentioned Blk70 to which you responded.

#pkmkb #destroypakistan
Maybe I thought it was block 70 and so responded. My bad. We have to wait and see till Mk2 blossoms and if it can match Blk 52 in combat radius and ferry capacity. By all means paper specs are impressive for now. And yes also considering Blk 52 arent updated to Block 60 or equivalent by Turks by the time its inducted.

Let's see.

Imaxxx

Country flag
View attachment 40385

LSP2 seems to be back in the air with Uttam. Hoping for a quick turnaround for Mk1A. Numbers in flight data seems to be either dated or intentionally delayed. Flight documentation for Naval variants seems to be stuck at those numbers.

Source- ADA
Getting MK1A will be a huge step forward. But before that any news about MK1 FOC? I thought it was to roll out from October? It's almost December.

#pkmkb #destroypakistan

vishnugupt

Country flag
It's been 3 months we have seen 'almost completed' Tejas MK1 at hanger and yet to fly. Any news??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

WolfPack86

Country flag
Finally Indian air force will be inducted Tejas MK1a. Private companies will be Tejas MK1a parts front fuelage will build by Dynamic technologies, middle section by VEM and rear section by Alpha Design.

Tejas mk1a will be inducted in 2022. Tejas mk1a radar will be Israel radar. Tejas mk1a will be equipped with Derby beyond visual range missile, Phython missile and Astra missile and varieties of bombs.

Tejas mk1a is equipped with air to air refuel pod. Tejas mk1a range will be increased further.

Total cost of Tejas mk1a is 45,000 cr. Very soon IAF will seal 83 Tejas mk1a order. Tejas mk1a will be more advance fighter and it will replace all MIG-21. In 2018 Tejas conducted air to air refuelling and it is near foc. I am glad that private companies building Tejas parts. Any time deal will be inked.

Tejas mk1a will be best fighter for air force and multi role fighter. Credit will go to former defence minister Mr Manohar Parikkar for induction of Indian air force.

I hope very soon Tejas mk1a inducted in air force and I wish more Tejas mk1a will be ordered in coming years. Tejas is India future and further it is pride for India.

Note.
This article is written by me on my own it is neither copied or posted from other articles.

Raju Seth

The Tejas LCA Mk1 FOC fighter version is already under production, and HAL has said it plans to deliver the rest of the FOC fighters progressively, giving March 2021 as a tentative timeline.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/aerospace/2019-11-17/hal-struggling-labor-costs-and-disputes

in private sector if u arent happy wid salary leave the organisation

u make ruckus no one in market will hire u
here we see public sector ,make nuisance still uget paid,govt should drop his stupid pf,pension,free health,school program for govt employee,they need to understand DO UR JOB OR GO HOME

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
in private sector if u arent happy wid salary leave the organisation

u make ruckus no one in market will hire u
here we see public sector ,make nuisance still uget paid,govt should drop his stupid pf,pension,free health,school program for govt employee,they need to understand DO UR JOB OR GO HOME
They are in a union, they don't fear for their jobs.

Raju Seth

They are in a union, they don't fear for their jobs.
provate people have union but no one dare to mess with stuff as union is not fired individual is fired with bad record,so union stays but the person isnt,i dont think union pay them HAL does ,cut all their benefits & do lay down,they arent productive in this state,let them find another job where they get satisfaction

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
provate people have union but no one dare to mess with stuff as union is not fired individual is fired with bad record,so union stays but the person isnt,i dont think union pay them HAL does ,cut all their benefits & do lay down,they arent productive in this state,let them find another job where they get satisfaction
Modi is going to reform labour by allowing employers to set workers on fixed term contracts. Once it expires they are free to fire them.

Raju Seth

Modi is trying to reform it just like Macron is trying in France. It is not so easy with such strong opposition. People enjoy being lazy and are not so ready to actually work.
As i said i dont care if modi do it or anyone else,i am an observer not bhakt or khangressi or whatever they call them these days

but right thing must be done

Narasimh

Country flag
As i said i dont care if modi do it or anyone else,i am an observer not bhakt or khangressi or whatever they call them these days

but right thing must be done
Govt has reservations in jobs which should ideally be limited to studies and higher education only for economically weaker people. Merit is sidelined here and we get poorly skilled workforce as a result. There is no political party that can touch reservation. So being pragmatic one has to work with what one has.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles