Lashker E Toiba: Main terrorist got CAUGHT !

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Doesnt belong where ? Some want this only that would make him a martyer for that lost cause. Pro India Kashmir groups doesnt want him to be hanged because it would create more problems .

Winning hearts and minds of kashmiris is even important and its easy to sit and talk so much for all the internet warrior and even calling people traitors , Security forces are dangering thier lives and try even to see what Security forces and the local government is saying in this matter .
Doesn't belong in India. So, we should feed these scum of the earth at the expense of exchequer. What a pathetic argument!!!

Please tell me where did security forces and the govt. told not to hang Afzal Guru. Give sources.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Doesn't belong in India. So, we should feed these scum of the earth at the expense of exchequer. What a pathetic argument!!!

Please tell me where did security forces and the govt. told not to hang Afzal Guru. Give sources.
If kashmiris are like the rest of Indians , then what u want to argue ? Are u planning to send them to pakistan and keep the land ? U are not feeding anyone nor u r having any right to say that someone doesnt belong to india.

Pardon Afzal: Mehbooba
The Hindu : National : Pardon Afzal: Mehbooba

A.V.

kashmiris are indians and a very much part of the country but you need to consider there is kashmir and there is POK the people from POK are not indians although some are kashmiris
also those people who stay in india and openly support and encourage the pakistani establishment in this matter there should be no place for them here
there is no need to win their hearts back because they are better if they voluntarily go across the border.
when we talk about kashmiri opinion we should talk about the indian citizens here and not the whole of kashmir how about the opinions of thousands of people who were forced to migrate to other parts of the country where is their opinion on this matter people from POK OR THEIR SUPPORTERS should have no say about the kashmiri opinion because they are the real traitors of their country, of their community of their fellow kashmiri brothers
for decades india has tried the soft and win technique its high time they put this msg across that enough has been done and tolerated if you are not happy being a part of india you can go where-ever you want to

its time to act

Pintu

I totally agree with InVincible here, and in my opinion , Terrorists , who found guilty should have punishment.

Regards

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
If kashmiris are like the rest of Indians , then what u want to argue ? Are u planning to send them to pakistan and keep the land ? U are not feeding anyone nor u r having any right to say that someone doesnt belong to india.
If they think attacking constitutional pillars of India is a great thing and are martyrs, then they are free to eff-off from this place. Hello! it is nothing but sedition, so they have to be put in jail. Being a Indian citizen I have every right to say and ask my government to lock-up these criminals ans punish according to law. It is another matter if the govt. has the capability to do so or not.

She is totally anti-india. Of course she will empathizes with criminals who are against India. Anyway she got thorough drubbing in the recent elections. But, you still didn't provide the source where security forces have asked not to hang Afzal Guru. Please do so, other wise you will not be taken seriously.

johnee

Pardon Afzal: Mehbooba
The Hindu : National : Pardon Afzal: Mehbooba
You are assuming that all Kashmiris dont want Afzal to be hanged. You are assuming that if Afzal is hanged then they will not 'love' India.
DD is saying that those Kashmiris(he doesnt adhere to your assumption that all Kashmiris are against hanging Afzal) who support such terrorists are not to be cared for. As an Indian, he has every right to say that. You dont have any right to question him about his opinions.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
If they think attacking constitutional pillars of India is a great thing and are martyrs, then they are free to eff-off from this place. Hello! it is nothing but sedition, so they have to be put in jail. Being a Indian citizen I have every right to say and ask my government to lock-up these criminals ans punish according to law. It is another matter if the govt. has the capability to do so or not.
I dont think that attacking the constitutional pillar of India was a great thing .u were not talking about locking anyone but said Doesn't belong in India.

She is totally anti-india. Of course she will empathizes with criminals who are against India. Anyway she got thorough drubbing in the recent elections. But, you still didn't provide the source where security forces have asked not to hang Afzal Guru. Please do so, other wise you will not be taken seriously.
she is part of the democracy system of India . Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, the PDP, the National Conference and other valley-based parties were mounting pressure on the President to let the culprit of the attack on Parliament go scot free.does it means that Ghulam nabi azad is anti india ,farooq Abdullah is anti India .

ex Congress-PDF government of Jammu and kashmir and Kashmir local police have both asked the central government to stop that hanging because it would boil things in Kashmir . Does Kashmir local police comes under security forces or not ?

Violent protests had rocked the entire Kashmir valley for three consecutive days from September 27. At least 200 protesters, including women, and activists of several separatist organisations had been taken into custody by the police from different parts of the valley during the past few days.

About 150 protesters, including women, the police personnel and some mediapersons, were wounded during the three days of stone-pelting and teargasing. Six photo-journalists, including Tribune’s Amin War and Sajjad Hussain of the AFP, were wounded in clashes between the police and protesters across the city on Friday.

Prayers have also been offered in all mosques and shrines of the valley, seeking mercy for Guru.

A general strike call given by the Geelani-led Hurriyat Conference and supported by several militant organisations and the Kashmir Bar Association against the death sentence crippled normal life in the valley on Friday.

In a statement to the local mediapersons here, the Muzaffarabad-based United Jihad Council (UJC), an umbrella organisation of several militant outfits operating in Jammu and Kashmir, warned of “dire consequences” in case Guru was executed. A spokesman for the UJC, Sadaqat Hussain, described Guru as a “'non-combatant”. Sinking their differences, several mainstream and separatist parties in Jammu and Kashmir have come together in seeking review of the death sentence to Guru.

Hurriyat Conference (Breakaway) chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, JKLF chairman Yasin Malik, Democratic Freedom Party (DFP) president Shabir Ahmed Shah, National Front chief Nayeem Ahmed Khan, National Conference (NC) president and former Union Minister Omar Abdullah, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti, CPM leader Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami, Hurriyat Conference (moderate faction) chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, the Kashmir Bar Association, Democratic Liberation Party (DLP) chairman Hashim Qureshi and rival JKLF leader Javed Mir besides several militant organisations have “denounced” and protested the court order and sought presidential clemency for Guru.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Chandigarh and reportedly sought Presidential mercy for Guru, citing the public sentiment in the valley against the verdict.

At the meeting held on the margins of a conclave of Chief Ministers of Northern India on September 28, Mr Azad urged the Prime Minister to immediately intervene in the matter.

On September 26 in New Delhi, Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur, while issuing the order of execution, to be carried out at 6 am at Tihar Jail here on October 20, said Afzal Guru be hanged by neck until dead.

Afzal Guru, along with Delhi University lecturer S.A.R. Geelani and cousin Shaukat Hussain Guru were sentenced to death by a special POTA court on December 18, 2002.

The court had also sentenced Afsan Guru, wife of Shaukat Guru, to five years’ rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000 for concealing knowledge of the conspiracy. The Delhi High Court had later acquitted Geelani and Afsan Guru in the case.

The Supreme Court confirmed Afzal Guru’s death sentence on August 4, 2005, and changed the capital punishment awarded to Shaukat Guru to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment. — UNI
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Jammu & Kashmir
Kashmiris all were against this hanging and thats why , central government is avioding to boil up things more .

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I dont think that attacking the constitutional pillar of India was a great thing .u were not talking about locking anyone but said Doesn't belong in India.
If wishes were horses, I would like to personally kick each and every butt of these terrorist scum and their supporters out of India :D. But I can't do, that is why, they need to be put in lock-up according to law for sedition.

she is part of the democracy system of India . Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, the PDP, the National Conference and other valley-based parties were mounting pressure on the President to let the culprit of the attack on Parliament go scot free.does it means that Ghulam nabi azad is anti india ,farooq Abdullah is anti India .

ex Congress-PDF government of Jammu and kashmir and Kashmir local police have both asked the central government to stop that hanging because it would boil things in Kashmir . Does Kashmir local police comes under security forces or not ?

From what you have posted

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Chandigarh and reportedly sought Presidential mercy for Guru, citing the public sentiment in the valley against the verdict.
She is part of democracy, that is why she is being let-off easily. Gulam Nabi azad has reportedly sought, there is no proof of him asking him directly. So, let's not speculate.

It all boils down to lack of balls in Congress Govt. and vote bank politics. But, if I were GOI, I would hang that B@stard immediately. Period.:2guns::2guns:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
When Home Minister was asked why Afzal Guru was not yet hanged. Home Minister told that Afzal Guru had applied for a mercy petition, it is not yet cleared. When asked why the delay. Home Minister replied that Afzal Guru's file number was 21 and it was waiting in line to be cleared. So, if and when Kasab gets a capital punishment, and if, god forbid, he applies for mercy petition, then obviously his file number would be 22. That would mean that his file cant be processed before Afzal Guru's file. You get my point?
So u mean that GoI is not hanging Afzal guru because of the Mercy petition ? I dont think soo .. Its more linked to the Kashmiri political parties and even to the Indian prisoners in neighbouring countries .

NikSha

I have to agree with I-G. Afzal's delayed hanging has nothing to do with mercy petition. Hanging him will bring on more headache for the government in Kashmir. I mean they have a freakin tool for a president, they can bump up any file and case anytime, they don't go sequentially through petitions (they aren't THAT organised, lol).

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
If wishes were horses, I would like to personally kick each and every butt of these terrorist scum and their supporters out of India :D. But I can't do, that is why, they need to be put in lock-up according to law for sedition.:
Not only you but there are people who have different wishes about particular people of India .

She is part of democracy, that is why she is being let-off easily. Gulam Nabi azad has reportedly sought, there is no proof of him asking him directly. So, let's not speculate.

It all boils down to lack of balls in Congress Govt. and vote bank politics. But, if I were GOI, I would hang that B@stard immediately. Period.:2guns::2guns
It was not just about her .. According to Prof Hari Om, vice-president of the state BJP,Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, the PDP, the National Conference and other valley-based parties have asked central government to not hang Afzal Guru .
BJP slams Abdullah on Afzal issue

Just stop making this hanging a vote bank politic issue or appleasing minorities , Local Government of J&K and security forces knows better what this hanging can do . For NDA its was an election agenda to hang Afzal Guru nothing more

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have to agree with I-G. Afzal's delayed hanging has nothing to do with mercy petition. Hanging him will bring on more headache for the government in Kashmir. I mean they have a freakin tool for a president, they can bump up any file and case anytime, they don't go sequentially through petitions (they aren't THAT organised, lol).
In real hanging him would not be any headache for the Government in kashmir, but the way it has become an election issue for political parties things have worked more against this hanging . It has become focus of all attention not only for Kashmiris themselves but even for International media , enemies of India never miss any chance to harm India .

For NDA this hanging has become an issue of appleasing minorities and vote bank politics , which is completely untrue ..

For UPA , this hanging issue is more for representing India on international arena fulfilling the so called human rights and to win hearts and minds of Kashmiris .

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
BJP slams Abdullah on Afzal issue

Just stop making this hanging a vote bank politic issue or appleasing minorities , Local Government of J&K and security forces knows better what this hanging can do . For NDA its was an election agenda to hang Afzal Guru nothing more
It is indeed a vote-bank politics issue. Why the govt. is shivering in pants to hang a guy who attacked our parliament and brought two countries to the brink of war leading to loss of many lives. It sees that it will miss a chunk of votes in Kashmir if it does.

johnee

No excuse is good enough for GOI to stop punishing a criminal who has attacked the very foundation of democratic India. If the guy who attacks parliament is not punished inspite of highest court's order, then it is a poor reflection of our political system and politicians and also security of India. No wonder, India today is being bracketed as one of high risk zones in the world along with Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Hightime, that the GOI(whichever party or alliance comes to power) acts decisively and harshly against the terrorists and their sponsors.
'winning hearts and minds', human rights....etc are just excuses and nothing else. Sri Lanka has shown us the way to treat a terrorist(Vellupillai Prabhakaran) and his terror org(LTTE). India can learn a lot from them. They won both the propaganda war and real war.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is indeed a vote-bank politics issue. Why the govt. is shivering in pants to hang a guy who attacked our parliament and brought two countries to the brink of war leading to loss of many lives. It sees that it will miss a chunk of votes in Kashmir if it does.
Vote Bank politics where , In kashmir or rest of India ?

Even now the ruling NC government in J&K is still on the same stand . If Central Government wants it can go ahead and hang Afzal Guru as there is no Congress Government in J&K . Here its more about security situation then this vote bank politics .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
No excuse is good enough for GOI to stop punishing a criminal who has attacked the very foundation of democratic India. If the guy who attacks parliament is not punished inspite of highest court's order, then it is a poor reflection of our political system and politicians and also security of India
Here its not about any excuse but the security situation .. Indeed he is a terrorists but hanging him can boil things and in this many innocent lifes can be lost . Central Government can hang him anytime when the local government and security apparatus even agree on this .

No wonder, India today is being bracketed as one of high risk zones in the world along with Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Hightime, that the GOI(whichever party or alliance comes to power) acts decisively and harshly against the terrorists and their sponsors.
Now NC is in power in J&K and in central, Congress is in good shape . When the time is correct , Afzal would be hanged ..

'winning hearts and minds', human rights....etc are just excuses and nothing else. Sri Lanka has shown us the way to treat a terrorist(Vellupillai Prabhakaran) and his terror org(LTTE). India can learn a lot from them. They won both the propaganda war and real war.
Sri Lanka conflict cant be taken as example .. LTTE were having there own controlled land ,own adm ,own army ..where as in Kashmir .. There are pro Indian Kashmiris who are running the adm and helping the security forces .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
'You cannot pick, choose and hang,' govt on Afzal case

New Delhi, June 26: The Government on Friday said the execution of death sentence of Afzal Guru, convicted in the Parliament attack case, was being delayed as "you cannot pick, choose and hang" and there were many mercy petitions pending for long.

"You cannot pick, choose and hang. Nowhere does it happen in the world including Pakistan," Law and Justice Minister M Veerappa Moily told a 'meet the press' programme organised by Press Association here.

Noting that no country which has rule of law can have such a hanging carried out "at the discretion of any political party", Moily said there was need for evolving a mechanism for quick disposal of mercy petitions.

He said 28 mercy petitions were pending for disposal for long.

Bureau Report

`You cannot pick, choose and hang,` govt on Afzal case

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
The mercy petition list .

1-2-3 ..Three assassins of Rajiv Gandhi ..

4..Khalistan Liberation Force terrorist Davinder Singh Bhullar who was convicted for killing nine persons and injuring 31, including the then Youth Congress chief M S Bitta, in a bomb blast in 1993.

5-6-7-8-9-10.. Suresh who along with five other convicts on death row had killed villagers at Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh.

11-12-13-14.. Forest brigand Veerappan's four associates -- Simon, Gnanprakasham, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilvendran -- for killing 21 policemen in 1993.

15-16-17-18..Gurdev Singh, Satnam Singh, Para Singh and Sarabjit Singh, given death penalty for killing 17 persons in a village in Amritsar in 1991

19..Praveen Kumar for killing four members of his family in Mangalore in 1994.

22 . Afzal guru

Does anyone is having the whole list of these 28 serial wise ?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
On what basis does these 'scum' deserve Mercy. Hang them all.

Usually supreme court gives death sentence only when a crime of extreme sense. I don't know what is the point of keeping these mercy petition files and not act.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles