Lashkar command in Sopore, Lolab wiped out, says Army

ejazr

Ambassador
Lashkar command in Sopore, Lolab wiped out, says Army - Indian Express

The Army on Saturday identified five militants, who were killed in an operation in Kupwara's Lolab Valley, on Friday and claimed that entire leadership of Lashkar in Lolab and Sopore area has been wiped out.

After identification of militants, whose bodies were retrieved on Saturday, officials said that slain militants were acting as divisional and battalion commanders of Lashkar and Jaish militant outfits.

Defense spokesperson, Lt Col J S Brar said the operation was launched after specific information was received about the presence of top militant leadership in Lolab Valley .

"Five top militants belonged to Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammad(JeM) and were foreigners. There was no collateral damage in the encounter. One soldier Naik Sumer Singh was also killed in the operation, while four soldiers were injured," he said.

Brar added, "Saqib was the backbone of LeT in Lolab and was active in the Valley since 2009. Hamad was one of the most wanted militants in North Kashmir and was active since 2008. He was injured in an army operation in December." About Qari Saifullah, Brar said that he was active in Ganderbal and Harwan areas.

"This is a major success and has almost wiped out the entire Lashkar leadership in Lolab and Sopore area," he said adding five AK-47 rifles have been recovered in burnt condition.

Army has termed the killing militants as a big success this year.

Army: No unusual activity along LoC

After Mumbai blasts, the Army have further stepped up vigil along the Indo-Pak border, but no unusual activity has been noticed on the Pakistani side. General Officer Commanding, Lt General J P Nehra said that "Though infiltration attempts had been there, but all of them were successfully foiled by alert troops."

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Cheers .. very well done. :thumb:
Keep the pressure on them.
:tea: :tea:
I hope some jawans would be rejoicing in an army mess today? :peace:
What is the typical mode of celebration?

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

^^ One of our jawans was killed. It will be sombre I guess. RIP to the fallen soldier. Well done IA.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Great WORK..IA. I wonder If we can go bit further and clear those T camps in Pak occup kashmir and avoid Mumbai typ terror attacks.prevtn is better than cure.

pmaitra

Great WORK..IA. I wonder If we can go bit further and clear those T camps in Pak occup kashmir and avoid Mumbai typ terror attacks.prevtn is better than cure.
You have spoken my mind Mr. Ram. I have always been an advocate of hot pursuit and pre-emptive action. This is what we should have done before Pakistan turned Nuclear.

While I am not sure if we should send in fighter planes, we could definitely test the waters and send in drones to see how the Pakistanis react. It should not be a sudden escalation but a gradual one so that the Pakistanis keep threatening us with N-attack but never really get down to it.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
You have spoken my mind Mr. Ram. I have always been an advocate of hot pursuit and pre-emptive action. This is what we should have done before Pakistan turned Nuclear.

While I am not sure if we should send in fighter planes, we could definitely test the waters and send in drones to see how the Pakistanis react. It should not be a sudden escalation but a gradual one so that the Pakistanis keep threatening us with N-attack but never really get down to it.
Exactly Mr Maitra..At times its an opportunity to test the waters and clear these T camps.Israelis are tackling these situations very cleverly though they have a non-nuclear state to tackle with.We should be deliberate in doing so to destroy these terror modules on its buds even if its a territorial transgression or invasion which ever way we put it . The KEY is political will.Overdebating about surgical strikes and equating against a Nuclear repercussion or full blown war is a redundant approach in my view as these people are hurting a Nation several times and testin its patience.

pmaitra

Exactly Mr Maitra..At times its an opportunity to test the waters and clear these T camps.Israelis are tackling these situations very cleverly though they have a non-nuclear state to tackle with.We should be deliberate in doing so to destroy these terror modules on its buds even if its a territorial transgression or invasion which ever way we put it . The KEY is political will.Overdebating about surgical strikes and equating against a Nuclear repercussion or full blown war is a redundant approach in my view as these people are hurting a Nation several times and testin its patience.
Golden words Mr. Ram, so I put them in golden (well, it's orange :)).

We did fight the Kargil War with nukes on both sides. Did Pakistan think of using them? Maybe some did, but they knew very well that India was going to fight this war no matter what. We really need this political will, and on this issue, the ruling party and the opposition must unite.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Thnx Mr Maitra..Hypothetically- If we have Indira Gandhi as current PM I may say we could be seeing some hot pursuit and pre-emptive action as you rightly put it in your prev post.I think she probably the only one qualify as the right material to do so.Rest are bakwaas.(sorry jus kiddin)

debasree

Country flag
only wiping out a local body is not enough ,to kill a hydra we should target their head (their paki masters) not hand.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ One of our jawans was killed. It will be sombre I guess. RIP to the fallen soldier. Well done IA.
Ohh .. didn't know that. RIP to the martyr :(
It was good to chop off the head, the body would fall down automatically.
Not easy to find capable experienced head again and again.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Thnx Mr Maitra..Hypothetically- If we have Indira Gandhi as current PM
She was normal as per a Country like India..

Rest are simple present as physically but not mentally..

R I P to Soldiers who bring this peace...

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
RiP to Soldier.

Good work done by army. All terrorists need to be hunted down like wild dogs and killed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles