Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in col

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Re: Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in

Why do Indian right-wingers who wish to uphold the rule of majority in India have such a problem if Sri Lanka wants to do the same? :notsure:

Shouldn't Sri Lankan Tamils be fully integrated into the Sinhalese state? The Sinhalas are the dominant majority of Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka is their matrubhumi.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Why do Indian right-wingers who wish to uphold the rule of majority in India have such a problem if Sri Lanka wants to do the same? :notsure:

Shouldn't Sri Lankan Tamils be fully integrated into the Sinhalese state? The Sinhalas are the dominant majority of Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka is their matrubhumi.
The thing is other will retort about Kashmir and NE when we lecture the Lankans about Tamils. These few Tamil fanatics have worsened te plight of larger Lankan Tamils and also made it difficult for India to deal with it.

mikhail

Country flag

What are the evidences to show he was executed? Is any photo available showing an SL army soldier executing him? Yes he is seen sitting on a bunker but cant that be LTTE bunker? What is the evidence to show that he is in the custody of Lankan troops?
1. what is the evidence to show he was in SLA custody?
2. why would SLA give him a snack if they intend to kill him?
3. he is in a relaxed mood, quite unlikely when u are with ur enemy.
4. was the same photos taken by the same camera? CH4 says so but again evidence?
5. why doesnt CH4 show the dates and time of the pics taken?
6. the area where final battle was done is a lagoon with little islands. As far as i knw army had shot at the islet when prabha hid in one along with others.
7. the video is a good piece of propaganda like the previous ones. However in previous videos CH4 lied. So how can we accept this?
8. the forensic pathologist is a discredited one who had given false analysis in a different court case. Another point that makes this again suspecting.
9.i am not a expert on analyzing gun shot wounds. So cant comment on that, however i presume most commenting here fits to that category. So dont take everything at face value.
10. Callum Macrae in an interview later told that CH4 doc didnt mention they have evidence for war crimes. This is a gross lie. They have an agenda.
Also note that in first two photos, the army like figure has different light variation than the rest of the pic, which suggests editing.
deleted post......

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag

Hello. Sri Lanka started off by trying to make Tamils second class citizens after gaining independence leading to widespread dissatisfaction and then rise of LTTE etc. Minority in India OTOH are a pampered lot. Most Indian right wingers are not asking for rule of majority but equal treatment of all sections of society.

Reactions: WMD

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

There are parallels.

Sri Lankan Tamils initially wanted seats reserved in the parliament, creating a nation within a nation. And most of the moral grandstanding on LTTE is done by the 'sickular', NGO, foreign missionary types etc

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Hello. Sri Lanka started off by trying to make Tamils second class citizens after gaining independence leading to widespread dissatisfaction and then rise of LTTE etc. Minority in India OTOH are a pampered lot. Most Indian right wingers are not asking for rule of majority but equal treatment of all sections of society.
There are two types of Tamils in SL: Jaffna Tamils who were pampered by British and dominated bureaucracy and Indian Tamils who were brought as labourers.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Why did India initially support LTTE:

Because Trincomalee is the best deep water port in the World.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Contradictory statements. If you had nothing to do with Lanka then why the hell send IPKF when neither the Lankans nor LTTE requested it ?
You will see many of them who will feed on anything GoI offer them to eat. I call em nationalistic goats or ready to spin anything congress-I did in power to their favour with all good convenient selective justifications.

parijataka

Country flag

There are two types of Tamils in SL: Jaffna Tamils who were pampered by British and dominated bureaucracy and Indian Tamils who were brought as labourers.
There are also other older Tamil populations that migrated over the centuries - at different times Tamil kings ruled Sri Lanka.

I am supporting either LTTE violence or SL Army excesses - SL Tamils and Sinhalas need to make up and live peacefully and I do believe that will happen.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned

If you don't know something stay calm try to avoid propagating false propaganda. Have you ever heard tamil history or Kumari kandam or cholas or Pandyas? first read these and then comment.

parijataka

Country flag

^^^^
should read `not supporting`

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned

There are also other older Tamil populations that migrated over the centuries - at different times Tamil kings ruled Sri Lanka.

I am supporting either LTTE violence or SL Army excesses - SL Tamils and Sinhalas need to make up and live peacefully and I do believe that will happen.
Migrated??? who? tamils, have to read about Pandyas trades in your life time? Eela vendan(which was mentioned in our literature) is the tamil king thus I told in my first post north Indians are damn fools they believe what others says.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
If you don't know something stay calm try to avoid propagating false propaganda. Have you ever heard tamil history or Kumari kandam or cholas or Pandyas? first read these and then comment.
Indian Tamils brought as labourers by British is a fact. Jaffna Tamils are the ones who've been in SL since Cholas etc.

Kumari Kandam is an idiotic myth. Only Homo Dravidas believe in it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Do you even know what happened to the soldiers who were accused in the Abu Gharib incident? They were all let off, either discharged, demoted or simply reprimanded. You were saying, good nations...what?

Sri Lanka is not a rogue state.
And then in the last line you will say I am not giving them the clean chit.

Please explain. I have no idea what you mean here.
You were saying LTTE went against Indian Army, even mukti Bahni would have done the same if India might have supported their crackdown. Simple logic not a rocket science to understand. When your army invaded the things were supposed to fire back at us.

No, we have no right or duty to help Sri Lanka. This is the UN's problem. India cannot simply send troops anywhere without prior permission from the UN, and they gave none. Same for refugees. If refugees manage to cross into India on their own, they can be helped. If they are standing on the Lankan shore expecting help, India cannot help.
Sheltering the Tamils was as our duty as sheltering muslims of east Pakistan during 1970s who just 23 years ago butchered Hindus to get an independent nation out of us.

Also this is not how refugee crisis and their management occurs. Go read some book on different refugee crisis. UNO always comes late into the picture first their is uncontrolled movement of refugees and then they are absorbed by generous neighbouring state who are bound by international laws they undersign to give them shelter and refuge. With SL Tamils's case the sea was the physical boundary and then Tamils were not allowed to enter India because Indian navy subservient of GoI was blocking the sea. What happened has been described by many as Sri Lankan killing field.

Either you preach me lessons of Realpolitik or make it clear your will restrain your self not to preach me rationality based on morality. I understand both BTW.
Please make your stand clear. Do you want India to invade Sri Lanka for no reason or do you want India to do something else? Please keep in mind that the persecution of Sri Lankan Tamils have nothing to do with India.
I don't need to clear my stand I am clear enough to make people understand what I have been saying, it is me asking you a question if you are preaching Realpolitic or morality ? In both the cases you are not backed by deeds of GoI since history of start of Civil war of SL regardless for how much spin you can give to your words.

Yes, the govt is to blame. But not the central govt, the state govt. They are the ones inciting the masses.
There are a lot of Tibetans, with citizenship, in India who have been begging India for help in freeing Tibet. But India has nothing to do with Tibet either.
So, if India does not go to war over Tibet, why would India go to war over Lankan Tamils. I repeat again, who are they to us?
You a haven't understood my point, It is central govt. who make decision on national security and foreign policy. People accepted Tashkent agreement of 1965, will accept any agreement of J&K, people need excuses endorsed by central government and then they all will side with GoI.

if any good day GoI decides to help SL Tamils in distress they will do it without thinking twice what other sane minds ('jara hat ke, zara bach ke' types) have to say.

East Pakistan crisis is as equivalent as Civil War in SL was. Indira Gandhi was right on the money to help Tamils get the justice and was aware how Sinhalese would bite India's back well noted during 1971 war. But then fools like Rajiv Gandhi screwed that tempo big time then what happened next was history for all naysayers to giving it a spin of some rag tag wisdom prevailed. ''jo hota ahai achey ke liye hota hai'' isn't it ?

The crackdown in Bangladesh was a direct problem for us. Apart from the massive problems of the exodus of refugees, East Pakistan's volatility was also affecting anti-India elements within India. The refugee and human rights violation was only an excuse, we invaded East Pakistan to secure our own borders. Otherwise, we don't give two hoots about them either.
Yes, excuse is all I am talking about. Excuse is good thing you used it once you could have used it again.

You could have secured the borders by checking the obvious entry points of East Pakistan, heck you had trains for east Pakistanis to enter India , don't you ?

Sri Lanka poses no threat to the Union of India.

Same can be said about West Pakistanis, after 1965 battering they were numb for eternity all time busy with their own internal power plays, whatever they were doing to east Pakistanis was their internal problem.

India has always fought wars with a purpose, none had anything to do with human rights or protecting some ethnic tribe. India had no issues bringing down Assamese terrorists in the NE or Punjabis fighting for Khalistan.
Yes I know, don't forget to mention Indira Gandhi's support to SL Tamils.

She was failed by his stupid son who even made political crisis worst and then escalated in Kashmir which lead to its tagging with civil war in Sri Lanka. Like @Yusuf; has stated few post above.

I don't know what you are referring to. If you are talking about IPKF, then India currently cannot run any kind of investigations anywhere in Sri Lanka. Do you think the US ever tried investigations in Vietnam or Korea after their loss? Heck they didn't even touch Cuba after the Bay of Pigs incident.
India can run investigation to find out the real reason behind death of Indian soldiers in Sri Lanka. No investigation has been done all we know is govt. lackeys throwing allegations on LTTE but not SL government who wanted us to be kicked out fast and bleed.

Nope. I am not supporting Sri Lanka in my posts. I obviously have no love for the LTTE either. I am neutral in this subject and would treat it the same way as I would with regard to Palestinians or Kurdish.

I am neither a Tamilian who would shout himself hoarse over war atrocities in Lanka nor am I a Muslim fanatic who would sit half the world away and shout about freeing Palestine. I am an Indian and a neutral. My most important worries are the Naxal issue, Kashmir issue and the NE issue in this order when it comes to our internal security. Since I am Indian, I have Indian issues to worry about. I know very well that these issues have the highest chance of getting me in a fix, not Sri Lanka or Palestine.

US has a lot of power and influence, they have invoked and slapped human right charges on Lanka. UN will follow through with diplomatic maneuvers once the fighting settles down. Let them handle it. We can follow up with humanitarian assistance as we are currently doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's when we can make our move, if we have planned any.

In today's world, Sri Lanka will have no kahoonies to start a new apartheid system. It may take at least 50 years but the Tamils will eventually be integrated with the Sinhalese. We can simply hope for the best.
I gotta go I will answer rest soon. BTW I am a punjabi, what happens in TN and SL hardy effects me.

Last edited by a moderator:

KS

Bye bye DFI

Right wingers dont want rule of majority. They want equal treatment of all religions or state not interfering in religious matters at all. Preferably the latter.

Indians state never did to Muslims what the Sinhalese did to Tamils

So you are wrong on both counts.

Oh and the Sinhalese are also immigrants from mainland India.The only ones who can truly call Lanka their matrubhumi are the tribal Veddas.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI

The thing is other will retort about Kashmir and NE when we lecture the Lankans about Tamils. These few Tamil fanatics have worsened te plight of larger Lankan Tamils and also made it difficult for India to deal with it.
Puhleez. The ones who worsened the plight of the Tamils were the Sinhalese who forced the Tamils to pick up arms, India which supported & prodded on the Tamils for its own strategic goals and LTTE which got power hungry. Tamils getting stuck up between these three competing forces like lambs for sacrifice.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI

There are parallels.

Sri Lankan Tamils initially wanted seats reserved in the parliament, creating a nation within a nation. And most of the moral grandstanding on LTTE is done by the 'sickular', NGO, foreign missionary types etc
There are no parallels.

India never denied the Muslims citizenship.

India did not stifle the Muslim cultural identity at any point

India did not ban Urdu language or literature at any point.

India did not pass any acts like this - Sinhala Only Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, missionary orgs did support LTTE, but then so did India. If I was there, I would have taken help from the devil to defeat my enemies.

And you said Lankan Tamils "initially" wanted seats to be reserved in the Parliament. That was in response to systemic discrimination & persecution of the Sinhala majority and they did in a non-violent democratic way and were ready to function within the confines of the Lankan constitution. But the Sinhalas started indullging in anti-Tamil riots which culminated in the horrific Black July riots which caused the insurgency to break out in a big way.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Right wingers dont want rule of majority. They want equal treatment of all religions or state not interfering in religious matters at all. Preferably the latter.

Indians state never did to Muslims what the Sinhalese did to Tamils

So you are wrong on both counts.
One of the cornerstones of right-wing ideology is the promotion of the interests of the majority and defining the nation as a whole around a group perceived as the "native majority". You see this among right-wing groups throughout the world, whether it be among the Religious Right in the United States who define America as a Judeo-Christian country, or the Nazis who defined their Third Reich around the principle of German superiority, or the Hindu right-wing who define India as a "Dharmic" country. These definitions usually take place in the context of large minority populations, who are deemed threatening, undesirable, or otherwise simply "alien". I can actually understand and even respect the right-wing ideology in some circumstances, but not in cases of blatant hypocrisy when double standards are applied.

To use the right-wing rhetoric, Sri Lanka belongs to the Sinhala people and Tamils are foreigners. Thus, Sri Lankan Tamils should learn to live under the rule of Sinhalas, who form the native majority, or otherwise go back to their homeland in TN. The Sinhala people were under attack by Tamil terrorists in the form of LTTE, and the unfortunate bloodshed that followed was a result of the Sinhalas fighting a war of self-defence. The Sinhalas were not invading some foreign country but fighting insurgents on their own soil. Now that LTTE has been destroyed, a process of reconciliation can begin between the Sinhalas and Tamils.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Oh and the Sinhalese are also immigrants from mainland India.The only ones who can truly call Lanka their matrubhumi are the tribal Veddas.
One could also easily argue that the only people who can truly call India their matrubhumi are the tribal Adivasis, who were the first known humans to set foot in the subcontinent. Since they only constitute ~8% of the total population, the vast majority of Indians could be construed as being "foreigners", if we apply your logic.

There are no parallels.

India never denied the Muslims citizenship.

India did not stifle the Muslim cultural identity at any point

India did not ban Urdu language or literature at any point.

India did not pass any acts like this - Sinhala Only Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please note that we are not comparing India and Sri Lanka. We are comparing the Indian right-wing and Sri Lanka. Funnily enough, some parts of the Indian right-wing do intend to achieve what you have detailed above.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles