Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in col

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Re: Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in

Was the Sinhalese blowing themselves among the Tamils before LTTE came?
Before LTTE : they were implementing racist apartheid system targeting a section of Sri lankan citizens with regular riots/pogroms characterized by ingenious techniques like dropping children in drum of boiling tar.
Riots in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After LTTE : they are pimping themselves to Pakistan and China, that tells something about their moral standards. This apart from continuing discriminatory policies.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Before LTTE : they were implementing racist apartheid system targeting a section of Sri lankan citizens with regular riots/pogroms characterized by ingenious techniques like dropping children in drum of boiling tar.

After LTTE : they are pimping themselves to Pakistan and China, that tells something about their moral standards. This apart from continuing discriminatory policies.
After the Brits left there were problems in all its erstwhile colonies including India. Riots cannot be compared to systematic terror campaign of the LTTE and use of women and children by it. LTTE did the biggest damage to the cause of SL Tamils.

Decklander

LTTE gave to this world child soldiers and child suicide bombers. How about that? They targetted Rajiv Gandhi and killed another 35 with him and never once accepted it, How about that? They killed Srilankan citizens by hundreds without remorse, How about That?
Those who live by sword, die by sword. Peerabhakaran showed no mercy for children of Srilankans and that day the fate of his own children was sealed. What you sow is what you shall reap. let us stop crying for the biggest war criminals of the world.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

LTTE gave to this world child soldiers and child suicide bombers. How about that? They targetted Rajiv Gandhi and killed another 35 with him and never once accepted it, How about that? They killed Srilankan citizens by hundreds without remorse, How about That?
Those who live by sword, die by sword. Peerabhakaran showed no mercy for children of Srilankans and that day the fate of his own children was sealed. What you sow is what you shall reap. let us stop crying for the biggest war criminals of the world.
Exactly. Everyone conveniently forgets that and its also something I keep telling. LTTE created even more hatred for Tamils in SL than at any point ever. Their use of women and children is well documented. How can any LTTE sympathizer then expect that Lankans show mercy on women or children when te history was that women and children were regularly used to spread terror and fight the war. The suucide bomber who killed Rajiv Gandhi was a female as well. More importantly as you said earlier, LTTE was responsible for Indian Soldiers death. Over 1200 of them and that cannot be forgiven as far as any Indian goes.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag

After the Brits left there were problems in all its erstwhile colonies including India. Riots cannot be compared to systematic terror campaign of the LTTE and use of women and children by it. LTTE did the biggest damage to the cause of SL Tamils.
Again, does everything start and end with LTTE? LTTE was one part of the whole problem. but as far as I know,the story goes long back decades before LTTE was even born, and now LTTE is finished.

Social problems and resulting riots is one thing, but a state legalizing and implementing an apartheid system is another level, even Pakistan never had such blatant apartheid system that Sri Lanka had. And riots in srilanka were more like one sided pogroms.

Disclaimer: LTTE was a terrorist organization.
I agree LTTE did biggest harm to the cause of Srilankan Tamils. I think Tamils are perceived to be (not entirely incorrectly) bit filmy dramebaz and sinhalese peaceful buddhists so most people think it all must be fault of tamils without knowing history. At least I used to think so till I bothered to do little Google search.

p2prada

LTTE is a global terrorist organization and should be treated as such. Nothing more.

While it is unfortunate that innocents had to die, well, this is something they should have thought of 40 years ago. Not after they lost.
Never fight a war unless you know you will win for sure.

The Tamil problem was such a small issue of disenfranchised citizens, could have been fixed over a decade or two of diplomatic intervention when India took the lead during discussions. Instead the SL Tamils themselves -----ed things up. Turned it into a burning issue that will not be fixed for at least another 30 or 40 years, maybe more. They lost their only friend they had 3 decades ago. Their fate was sealed then. Now, is just the unfortunate aftereffects of the same. Single handedly turned a simpler issue like the Turkish treatment of Kurds into the Iraqi treatment of the Kurds.

With sanctions from trade and other world events the Lankans would have fallen in line, like how the South Africans did after they were banned from everything by the UN.

We, Indians, have nothing to do with Sri Lankan Tamils. We have no responsibility over them, we have no obligation to them. We have no need of worrying about them. Only idealists believe we are responsible, as though we are their big brothers or fathers or something.

We aren't a country like Sweden or Norway, let them and the Tamils themselves worry about the Tamil situation in Lanka.

Once the flames of war die down, then the UN can work out simpler strategies over the next few decades to root out the problem.

p2prada

Again, does everything start and end with LTTE? LTTE was one part of the whole problem. but as far as I know,the story goes long back decades before LTTE was even born, and now LTTE is finished.
LTTE represented all of Tamil viewpoints in Sri Lanka. A number of problems started with the LTTE and, hopefully, it will end with LTTE.

Social problems and resulting riots is one thing, but a state legalizing and implementing an apartheid system is another level, even Pakistan never had such blatant apartheid system that Sri Lanka had. And riots in srilanka were more like one sided pogroms.
There are plenty of places around the world with similar problems.

I don't see you supporting the Tibetan issue, I don't see you supporting the Kurds in Turkey or Iraq or any other part of the Middle East. The Americans treated the African-Americans poorly before. I don't see you supporting the Uyghurs in China either. Heck I don't see you supporting our disenfranchised people belonging to transvestite groups in India itself. When will you start doing that? Any whole-hearted support for Palestinians from you?

No, you won't. You won't even give a flying ----- because you know it is not your problem. So, why the special status only for Lankan Tamils? What, is it just because you speak the same language as them? What if the Kurds spoke Tamil too? Will you go fight for them then?

India itself has so many problems that the Tamil issue does not even compare. Naxals, global terrorist networks like LET, ULFA, rogue states etc. Instead makes the Tamil issue look like a tiny flea.

Shit happens and shit needs to be removed using shovels not guns. Guns simply adds more to the shit.

The Lankan apartheid was a much, much simpler issue than what it is now. If people are assuming the only way to get out of this was to create a global terrorist organization and support its actions then they are so addled in the head that they can easily get the insanity plea in courts. Thinking with your balls don't solve problems.

I will say it again, the Tamil issue in Lanka is not even close to being an Indian problem. It is a problem belonging to the citizens of a country we share a maritime border with. Nothing more, nothing less. The only people concerned with it are our law enforcement agencies who should make sure India's citizens and interests are not harmed in anyway.

A good Indian citizen's only concern regarding this, especially with citizens belonging to states which are geographically very close to Sri Lanka, should be restricted to merely knowing the situation there and providing moral support on humanitarian grounds. Nothing more. This is so it doesn't boil into a refugee crisis later on as the states closest to the country will bear the societal and the economic brunt of the influx of refugees.

Supporting a terrorist organization knowingly or unknowingly is a crime in India, regardless of your own reasons.

Supporting the Tamils in the Tamil issue is only a moral obligation, nothing more, and it is not compulsory. Rather, you "don't" have the RIGHT to interfere in the going-ons of a foreign country as that will put our own sovereignty at risk. Sri Lanka is identified as a sovereign nation.

Note: I am not pointing this out only to you but to the forum as a whole.

Last edited:

gokussj9

Country flag

LTTE represented all of Tamil viewpoints in Sri Lanka. A number of problems started with the LTTE and, hopefully, it will end with LTTE.

There are plenty of places around the world with similar problems.

I don't see you supporting the Tibetan issue, I don't see you supporting the Kurds in Turkey or Iraq or any other part of the Middle East. The Americans treated the African-Americans poorly before. I don't see you supporting the Uyghurs in China either. Heck I don't see you supporting our disenfranchised people belonging to transvestite groups in India itself. When will you start doing that? Any whole-hearted support for Palestinians from you?

No, you won't. You won't even give a flying ----- because you know it is not your problem. So, why the special status only for Lankan Tamils? What, is it just because you speak the same language as them? What if the Kurds spoke Tamil too? Will you go fight for them then?

India itself has so many problems that the Tamil issue does not even compare. Naxals, global terrorist networks like LET, ULFA, rogue states etc. Makes the Tamil issue look like a tiny flea instead.

Shit happens and shit needs to be removed using shovels not guns. Guns simply adds more to the shit.

The Lankan apartheid was a much, much simpler issue than what it is now. If people are assuming the only way to get out of this was to create a global terrorist organization and support its actions then they are so addled in the head that they can easily get the insanity plea in courts. Thinking with your balls don't solve problems.

I will say it again, the Tamil issue in Lanka is not even close to being an Indian problem. It is a problem belonging to the citizens of a country we share a maritime border with. Nothing more, nothing less. The only people concerned with it are our law enforcement agencies who should make sure India's citizens and interests are not harmed in anyway.

A good Indian citizens only concern regarding this, especially with citizens belonging to states which are geographically very close to Sri Lanka, should be restricted to merely knowing the situation there and providing moral support on humanitarian grounds. Nothing more. This is so it doesn't boil into a refugee crisis later on as the states closest to the country will bear societal and economic brunt of the influx refugees.

Supporting a terrorist organization knowingly or unknowingly is a crime in India, regardless of your own reasons.

Supporting the Tamils in the Tamil issue is only a moral obligation, nothing more, and it is not compulsory. Rather, you "don't" have the RIGHT to interfere in the going-ons of a foreign country as that will put our own sovereignty at risk. Sri Lanka is identified as a sovereign nation.

Note: I am not pointing this out only to you but to the forum as a whole.
People usually forget that if one tacitly supports LTTE, then the mujahideen in Kashmir also get the justification
to pick up gun and solve the problem in a violent manner.

noob101

Disclaimer: LTTE was a terrorist organization.
I agree LTTE did biggest harm to the cause of Srilankan Tamils. I think Tamils are perceived to be (not entirely incorrectly) bit filmy dramebaz and sinhalese peaceful buddhists so most people think it all must be fault of tamils without knowing history. At least I used to think so till I bothered to do little Google search.
Most Tamils like you agree that the LTTE is/was a terrorist organization but there is an important underlying similarity between what a lot of Tamils think and what the LTTE wanted and that is creation of a separate state, and all the propaganda seems to be arranged around this fact.... and that is what I despise and probably most others as well.

Is there any way that you will accept an integrated Sri Lanka, where both Tamils and Sinhala people serve side by side in the Army? or has the hatred gone so far that this does not seem possible.... if that is the case then Tamils will be a dominated people in Sri Lanka for at least as long as you live, simply put the ethnic Tamils will have the world's sympathy and support as long as they want to integrate into a greater Sri Lanka

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag

Most Tamils like you agree that the LTTE is/was a terrorist organization but there is an important underlying similarity between what a lot of Tamils think and what the LTTE wanted and that is creation of a separate state, and all the propaganda seems to be arranged around this fact.... and that is what I despise and probably most others as well.

Is there any way that you will accept an integrated Sri Lanka, where both Tamils and Sinhala people serve side by side in the Army? or has the hatred gone so far that this does not seem possible.... if that is the case then Tamils will be a dominated people in Sri Lanka for at least as long as you live, simply put the ethnic Tamils will have the world's sympathy and support as long as they want to integrate into a greater Sri Lanka
Sorry, I can't answer that because I'm not Tamizh.

p2prada

It is simple really. They will ask for a separate country and one day they will fight each other in a bigger war.

What was simply apartheid will turn into a North vs South war, like Vietnam or Korea. Then they will sit and wonder what they did wrong.

By then a powerful country like India or China would start dictating terms and each will pick sides. Then there would be issues and both India and China will fight a war over the two tiny countries, ending exactly like Vietnam or Korea.

Either the Tamils will win and introduce a new apartheid system or the Sinhalese will win and enforce their own rule. And thus the cycle begins again.

UN classifies Lankans for refugee status | The Sundaytimes Sri Lanka
The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) has listed persons suspected of LTTE links, journalists, opposition politicians, political activists, and gays and lesbians, as being among the categories of Sri Lankans "likely to be in need of international refugee protection."
UN knows what's best for the country now. Nobody else. So let them handle it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Who is supporting LTTE in India ?

UNO is not fool who is pulling SL for the crime they have committed during this crack down.

Even Pakistanis were doing the same crackdown of east Pakistanis, the irony is India invaded east Pakistan for them and UNO was quite, but when same is happening in SL the UNO is proactive to punish SL and India is mute like dumb cow.

Indian soldiers were killed because of reluctant, benign, non-supporting, suspicious Sinhalese Government who thought they have gone too far inviting Indian army to interfere. They mended their mistake by making it hard for you; letting your army bleed.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned

North Indians always behaves like fools they never thinks sensibly. LTTE first followed gandhian way and people like Dilipan died of hunger protests initially majority of SL tamils supported peaceful way of protest but singalese atrocities forced them to take the weapons. Rajiv assassinated becoz of his foolishness nobody in SL including its govt. called IPKF try to understand it first. LTTE kills innocents ok....SL forces are saints? they never burnt library/orphans home/hospitals/temples?.

Whenever Indian sorry TN fisherman killed by SL navy no northies/souties except TN won't arise their voice but wen 2 soldiers beheaded in LOC whole India standing in one course and protested aganist Pakistan. 450 TN fisherman killed so far no action taken yet and India assisted tamil genocide in SL still we thinks India is not anti-tamils means then we are damn fools. ALL TAMILS SHOULD BE UNITED AND PROTECTS OUR RACE ,HERITAGE AND CULTURE.

Last edited:

p2prada

UNO is not fool who is pulling SL for the crime they have committed during this crack down.
In war there are always war crimes. Its like expecting no crime to exist in a peaceful society. Even the Americans had their fair share of blame in Iraq and were pulled up for it.

Even Pakistanis were doing the same crackdown of east Pakistanis, the irony is India invaded east Pakistan for them and UNO was quite, but when same is happening in SL the UNO is proactive to punish SL and India is mute like dumb cow.
It is wrong to assume the Bangladesh case is the same as Sri Lanka.

Our "pretext" for war was the refugee influx, which was quite significant. But people forget that there were greater interests playing too, more related to national security and interests. Sri Lanka is of no interest to us at the same level.

If you are expecting an Indian intervention on the same basis, then you are just a child who knows not the ways of countries.

Emotional decisions are not made when it comes to foreign policy. A feeling of an emotional decision is merely shown to the public as an excuse.

India is playing the part it is supposed to play. Mute cow, of course, its not our problem. It is UNOs job to proactively hunt down human rights abusers. They are doing their job and we are doing ours.

Its like all the idiots who want the Army to interfere in the Naxal situation without knowing that they shouldn't be allowed to. It will give them far too much legal powers in all the states affected which would be constitutionally wrong, especially when the police is equipped to handle the situation.

Next someone will say the Army needs to be sent to Australia to protect Indians from being beaten up. As a matter of fact, India will be more justified to send troops to Australia than to Sri Lanka.

Indian soldiers were killed because of reluctant, benign, non-supporting, suspicious Sinhalese Government who thought they have gone too far inviting Indian army to interfere. They mended their mistake by making it hard for you; letting your army bleed.
It was much more complex than that.

The small amount of human rights abuses in no way gives us a pretext of invading Lanka. It is not in out interest to do so either, because it would mean a lot of other problems with other countries.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

ALL TAMILS SHOULD BE UNITED AND PROTECTS OUR RACE ,HERITAGE AND CULTURE.
Race? lol.

p2prada

North Indians always behaves like fools they never thinks sensibly. LTTE first followed gandhian way and people like Dilipan died of hunger protests initially majority of SL tamils supported peaceful way of protest but singalese atrocities forced them to take the weapons. Rajiv assassinated becoz of his foolishness nobody in SL including its govt. called IPKF try to understand it first. LTTE kills innocents ok....SL forces are saints? they never burnt library/orphans home/hospitals/temples?.
Are you a born idiot or became one in the two long years you have lived for?

Do you know what war is? Crimes were committed by both sides, not just one side.

Don't give a hopelessly one sided view of things when you don't know anything.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated because the LTTE is a terrorist organization and have always targeted civilians since the beginning.

Both sides simply flared up the issue and tried to one up each other since the 60s.

Whenever Indian sorry TN fisherman killed by SL navy no northies/souties except TN won't arise their voice but wen 2 soldiers beheaded in LOC whole India standing in one course and protested aganist Pakistan. 450 TN fisherman killed so far no action taken yet and India assisted tamil genocide in SL still we thinks India is not anti-tamils means then we are damn fools. ALL TAMILS SHOULD BE UNITED AND PROTECTS OUR RACE ,HERITAGE AND CULTURE.
Yes, soldiers were beheaded by a country which is an enemy. They crossed the border to do that while we had ceasefire agreements.

TN's fishermen have knowingly crossed maritime boundaries and were killed in the process.

Do you even know how the boundary system works? Do you even know why countries go to war against each other over boundary issues.

You say 450 fishermen were killed etc etc. But where did you pull out the magic number from? Official numbers killed is currently less than 100 dead from 1991 to 2011, all verified. The other 350 must be ones who simply didn't return home from storm and other accidents at sea. So even missing people are added to the death count in TN. Sure, there is no concrete way of knowing and the actual numbers. There is a chance a single boat was caught by the Navy and the crew killed. But there is also a chance the boat capsized and didn't return. The crew may have died in the process. Heck there could be so many cases of intentional killing as well. Take a guy on a boat, dress him up like a fisherman, shoot him, set him adrift in the sea, found by other fishermen, blame SL Navy, murderers are scot-free. Do one every week and you have 52 in a year already. Heck we don't even know how many are actually smugglers who killed each other. So what are you all doing there, simply adding numbers like little kids without knowing or checking anything?

Obviously most of it is political propaganda. And people like you fall for it. You just saw some random number posted on the internet and believed it, that's because you are indeed a damn fool.

Indian fishermen are being killed by the SL Navy because the fishermen are crossing a maritime border. Because they carry GPS and they know their exact location, the SL Navy can back it up with actual information that can be used in courts. Our fishermen don't have GPS equipment or transponders, they will knowingly or unknowingly cross this invisible line and are killed in the process. It is, oh, so obvious that the fault lies with the TN government for not providing GPS transponders on all boats and also many of the fish merchants who can afford GPS devices but don't provide it to fishermen to save costs. I think some of this is changing now. So we can hope for better things in the future.

Also, the numbers killed does not justify applying any kind of pressure by India on Sri Lanka that you are insisting on.

These are the "official" figures for border deaths between 1991 and 2011 in India. 20 years.
85 fishermen killed by Sri Lanka in 10 years: Govt - Times Of India
MADURAI: The government on Friday submitted in the Madurai bench of the Madras high court that there had been 167 incidents of shooting on Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan navy between the years 1991 and 2011. As many as 85 fishermen had been killed and 180 injured in these incidents which took place within the Indian waters.
For the sake of discussion, let's assume 450 fishermen died of various causes, including shot by the Navy and let's have a look at a place that sees a similar situation. The US-Mexico border.

These are the "official" figures for border deaths in the US between 1998 and 2004. 6 years.
National Briefing - Southwest - New Mexico - A Mass For Border Crossers - NYTimes.com
By the Border Patrol's count, 1,954 people have died crossing the border since October 1998.
Note that the Mexicans, Central American countries and the US have never been in a state of war to affect these deaths. OTOH, Sri Lanka is a country at war and hence their military will have been allowed a legal and more liberal use of force compared to the US border patrol.

Of course, they were all not shot by the police. Mostly natural deaths, followed by accidents and then followed by police action.

Also, note the police are trained to talk first and shoot later, unlike the military.

So, shut the fark up and let the central govt handle the fishermen issue in a proper diplomatic manner.

Don't get emotional about everything.

ALL TAMILS SHOULD BE UNITED AND PROTECTS OUR RACE ,HERITAGE AND CULTURE.
Where did you get this nonsense from? We are in the 21st century, not in the 10th century. You've been fed so much nonsense that you sound exactly like the camel riding donkeys from the west. Replace TAMILS with MUSLIMS and you have the monkeys from the west. You wanna be like them, be my guest.

Tamils and Tamil history doesn't need your protection. The Union of India will protect Tamils and Tamil history when threatened.

When a Tamil is in danger, Kannadigas, Telguites, Malayalees, Punjabis, Biharis, Bengalis etc will all unite to protect that Tamil. No issues there, this is said so by the constitution and will be carried out with full force. This was demonstrated to its full effect many times in the past, even in Sri Lanka. The only requirement is that this Tamil should be an Indian and not some random idiot from some random country who speaks the language.

Last edited:

Maharana

Here's the full documentary by a British channel which has raised a storm in the international community and has again brought up the issue of Sri Lankan war crimes.
Its disheartening to see the plight of these people and i really hope that they get some justice somehow.

* contains disturbing images *

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Delete this post ,Sir.Do not let your emotions overwhelm you
Given your anti-Brahmin and anti-everything-but-you venom, I think that piece of advice best applies to you.

:truestory:

Maharana

Stupid post to say the least.

North Indians always behaves like fools they never thinks sensibly. LTTE first followed gandhian way and people like Dilipan died of hunger protests initially majority of SL tamils supported peaceful way of protest but singalese atrocities forced them to take the weapons.
Sri Lankan Tamils are SRI LANKANS. They are not Indians. So why in the world do you think we should sacrifice our soldiers and resources for them. If they were Indians, we would have made sure that the Sri Lankan Army would be dispatched to hell.

LTTE kills innocents
Even if they didn't, they made sure that the civilians take the first bullet by making them human shields. Hiding behind innocents is the work of cowards.
Watch the documentary I posted in my last post to know it yourself.

SL forces are saints? they never burnt library/orphans home/hospitals/temples?
Of course they are not saints and they committed horrendous crimes against their Tamil population (even to the extent of bombing hospitals, raping & executing prisoners) and that is why the word is spreading fast to bring those criminals to justice.

Whenever Indian sorry TN fisherman
Unless you come out of your well, you'll never see the realities and would keep believing in your self made world.

Whenever Indian sorry TN fisherman killed by SL navy no northies/souties except TN won't arise their voice but wen 2 soldiers beheaded in LOC whole India standing in one course and protested aganist Pakistan.
You knew the answer, just been pointed again for your convenience.
Its interesting to see that you mentioned "whole India standing in one course and protested aganist Pakistan". You know that one of the strongest protest of this incident came from Chennai and still you asked.

450 TN fisherman killed so far no action taken yet.
I doubt that number. Some source substantiating what you mentioned would be appreciated.
The solution of every problem is not war. There are various other options which are exercised under various circumstances. There's no specific course of action for a specific issue in Geo-politics.

India assisted tamil genocide in SL still we thinks India is not anti-tamils means then we are damn fools
First you need to learn the difference between nationality and language. Just because someone in any part of the world speaks the same language as one of ours doesn't make them Indians. Period.
With that logic Bengali, Sindhi, Punjabi and Urdu speaking population around the globe would then 'by default' become Indians irrespective of them being a Bangladeshi or Pakistani. When sectarian violence in Pakistan is killing hundreds of Sindhis & Punjabis, nobody in India is calling their country anti-sindhi or anti punjabi.
Get out of your twisted mentality, its a bane for you and nobody else.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles