Kuwait banned nationals from five countries including Pakistan

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If Pakistan survives: Then we have got ourselves a very loyal ally, who are willing to offer up their country to Chinese troops/ports/bases at the drop of a hat. Then of course the most important point, our strategic interests involving Gwadar, them being a represenative of China in all Muslim forums, pipelines, etc.

If Pakistan fails: Then we lose our diplomatic/economic/strategic investment. Which would be quite a severe blow.

The Chinese government apparently thinks Pakistan will survive, and they are normally quite risk-averse.

I personally, don't see Pakistan disappearing from the world map.
China has a lot more to lose if Pakistan collapses. For one, they will have to deal with greatly increased fundamentalist violence in Sinkiang, which I think is a big reason why CCP supported Pakistan in the first place (it's a much bigger deal than getting Gwadar).

No one saw East Pakistan dissappearing in 1971 either, but surprises tend to happen!

Yan Luo Wang

China has a lot more to lose if Pakistan collapses. For one, they will have to deal with greatly increased fundamentalist violence in Sinkiang, which I think is a big reason why CCP supported Pakistan in the first place (it's a much bigger deal than getting Gwadar).
You're right, that is one of the biggest reasons.

No one saw East Pakistan dissappearing in 1971 either, but surprises tend to happen!
No country disappeared in 1971. What happened, was that a new country was born.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
No country disappeared in 1971. What happened, was that a new country was born.
The same will happen in the near future.

Balochistan will become independent in the next 20 years, mark my words.

Also, Afghanistan does not recognize the Durand Line as the official border. Do you understand the implications of this?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
20 years is a long time, anything could happen.
I'm just saying 20 years because I don't want to be wrong.

It's more likely to happen in the next 10 years or so, but there are too may factors to take into account. Many of these factors are also hidden from public.

Could you elaborate on that please?
The Durand Line is the name of the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. It was created by the British in 1893 as the border between Afghanistan and Colonial India. However, the border divides the Pashtun people, who are a minority in Pakistan but the most powerful group in Afghanistan. Even today, Afghanistan does not recognize the Afghan-Pak border.

Yan Luo Wang

The Durand Line is the name of the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. It was created by the British in 1893 as the border between Afghanistan and Colonial India. However, the border divides the Pashtun people, who are a minority in Pakistan but the most powerful group in Afghanistan. Even today, Afghanistan does not recognize the Afghan-Pak border.
Ah, I see what you mean.

That is indeed a worry, if it could foreseeably lead to China getting involved in Afghanistan.

The graveyard of Empires, as they say.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Check what's up in North Waziristan too!

Durand Line is a Line that divides the Pashtun people. Of course, none could stop the movement across the Line and even now, the Drones are failing to scare the Pashtuns out of their wits. A jolly good thing too for Pakistan or else the Pashtuns on either side would become an independent country called Pakhtoonistan.

For more details, Google/ Yahoo or any of your favourite search engine. You will not be disappointed!

No Pashtun or Afghan recognises this line and this attitude has been passed on father to son.

Even the Taliban when they had taken power in Afghanistan, refused to recognise this Durand Line, even though Pakistan, their mentor, tried hard!!

Afghanistan is a 'Graveyard for Empires'. The operative word is "Empire"! Anyone wanting to build an Empire out there? Last heard was Britain!

China is leading the queue?

Last edited:

Blackwater

How dare these Kuwaiti done this.. how can they do this with pakland, the ring leader, messiah, rab ,thakedar of Islam. that's against the Islamic principals to ban people from pak land...:confused::confused::confused::thumb::thumb:

Tolaha

Ah, I see what you mean.

That is indeed a worry, if it could foreseeably lead to China getting involved in Afghanistan.

The graveyard of Empires, as they say.

Popular legends carry the risk of being mistaken as facts!

neo29

These countries have their share of radicalism. The reputation of the nationals of these countries precedes them. Kuwait needs lots of workers and lots of people from India go there. But there is nothing wrong with what it did. Their security comes first.

Down the line if India short on workers, it will be skeptical to hire workers from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
its not surprising to me about what kuwait did.

they are an independent country and make their own decisions....sometimes!

so if they ban their fellow brothers from brotherly countries, so be it!

debasree

Country flag
unfairly treat what do u mean by it dud,if u have enough courage to break diplomatic relation with uncle sam

Blackwater

unfairly treat what do u mean by it dud,if u have enough courage to break diplomatic relation with uncle sam
I will make written complaint to Thakedar of Islam i.e pakland. Right now they are busy in saving few charity planes, the movement they get free, i will make written complaint :becky::becky::becky::becky:

Rage

DFI TEAM
Gotta love the trolling. :D

Btw, this is not new. An unofficial ban has been in place since April, this year. Don't know if this is the first official statement from Quwait.

More seriously, this is bad news for the Pakistani ex-pat community. There are some 80,000 Pakistanis living in Quwait. And a ban on their entry, exit and relationship visas will mean tough times for the tourism and business communities.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I thought that was no secret.

Some report released by Americans claims that China has no nukes as per the standard of US or Russia, I thought we all had read that report.
Forget about Missiles, i bought a Swivel chair last week and the wheels are already broke and comeing off!! :(

I want my money back.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Forget about Missiles, i bought a Swivel chair last week and the wheels are already broke and comeing off!! :(

I want my money back.

You get what you pay, no one forces you to buy products made in China. Go there and get the Japanese ,German, or American stuff as long as you can afford it. Why waste time and bandwidth bitching about a Swivel chair you bought last week on a defence forum. Be professional, at least I was talking about missles.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You get what you pay, no one forces you to buy products made in China. Go there and get the Japanese ,German, or American stuff as long as you can afford it. Why waste time and bandwidth bitching about a Swivel chair you bought last week on a defence forum. Be professional, at least I was talking about missles.
Because we have to earn money on our own merit unlike becoming millionaires because one is from the CCP or a relative of a CCP bigwig!!

And we buy things from China because we are soft hearted sentimentalists, We like Asia to progress and not the West.

Missile are good, but if they go up a wrong place, then it is a catastrophe!

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Because we have to earn money on our own merit unlike becoming millionaires because one is from the CCP or a relative of a CCP bigwig!!

And we buy things from China because we are soft hearted sentimentalists, We like Asia to progress and not the West.
Missile are good, but if they go up a wrong place, then it is a catastrophe!
Any Indian member seconds this one?

Come on, Ray, let us be honest. You buy things from China, only because they are the most cost effective, nothing else.

Yan Luo Wang

Come on, Ray, let us be honest. You buy things from China, only because they are the most cost effective, nothing else.
So true...

I don't believe there are any Indians at all, who go out of their way to specifically buy Chinese-made products, out of "soft hearted sentimentalism" for China.

Funny how you wrote this sentence immediately after implying that Chinese do not gain wealth through "merit", but Indians do.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles