Kuwait banned nationals from five countries including Pakistan

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I've noticed that Chinese posters are becoming more vocal in their defence of Pakistan the more Pakistan fails.

Anyone have a reason for this?

Yan Luo Wang

The Bold part :-

1> Which is the unfair treatment ?
2> what if the US bombs again today what will china do , break diplomatic relations with the us or send some subs to the US coast?
As long as Pakistan and the USA continue to be allies, what can we do?

Pakistan themselves authorized the presence of US forces in Pakistan, as part of the WoT. If the Pakistani government has changed their mind, let them break the alliance.

Yan Luo Wang

nimo cn you are embarrassing yourself with this continuous defense of Pakistan.
Are we not allowed to do that here?

I've noticed that Chinese posters are becoming more vocal in their defence of Pakistan the more Pakistan fails.

Anyone have a reason for this?
Who wants to see their friends getting bashed? Especially when they are going through hard times.

Country flag
Are we not allowed to do that here?

Who wants to see their friends getting bashed? Especially when they are going through hard times.
Do you know how to do anything else?? Seems you are completely biased and assume Pakistan is innocent when it comes to everything. There are not many Pakistani fanboys you will impress here. This thread has to do with Kuwait and Pakistan and in your blind gay love you are taking it as an India Pakistan issue when it is not.

Yan Luo Wang

What did Pakistan ever do for you to make you such a loyal friend?
Many factors. They were the first Muslim country to recognize the PRC, and have been one of our most reliable allies.

Countries like the USA and Russia, sometimes we are allied to them, sometimes not. I do respect both of them very much (they are/were superpowers after all), but it is clear that our relationships are driven by the geostrategic needs of the present day.

Then of course the big answer... being friends with them is in our interests.

Gwadar port will let us bypass the Malacca straits, the land-link to the Middle East will give us pipelines, and lastly (and most importantly) they are our gateway into the resource-rich Islamic world.

Country flag
Many factors. They were the first Muslim country to recognize the PRC, and have been one of our most reliable allies.

Countries like the USA and Russia, sometimes we are allied to them, sometimes not. I do respect both of them very much (they are/were superpowers after all), but it is clear that our relationships are driven by the geostrategic needs of the present day.

Gwadar port will let us bypass the Malacca straits, the land-link to the Middle East will give us pipelines, and lastly (and most importantly) they are our gateway into the resource-rich Islamic world.
Russia was allied with Pakistan, when?? So you have shellfish motives and are using Pakistan.

Yan Luo Wang

Russia was allied with Pakistan, when??
No, this is what I said:

Countries like the USA and Russia, sometimes we are allied to them, sometimes not.
China was allied with the USA post 1971, as both were interested in countering the Soviet Union.

During the early days of the PRC, we were allied to Russia. This happened again after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Country flag
Do you think USA will allow you to have more influence than USA in Pakistan???

Yan Luo Wang

Do you think USA will allow you to have more influence than USA in Pakistan???
Do they "want" us to have more influence than them in Pakistan? I guess not, as long as the WoT is active.

That is fine, if America is providing billions to Pakistan, that means we don't have to. I have no problem with China playing a secondary role in supporting Pakistan.

Country flag
Do they "want" us to have more influence than them in Pakistan? I guess not, as long as the WoT is active.

That is fine, if America is providing billions to Pakistan, that means we don't have to. I have no problem with China playing a secondary role in supporting Pakistan.
China has always been a second fiddler and will always remain one.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
India recognized PRC even before Pakistan, that is a moot point.

This is the ONLY answer. There is no sentimental love between any two nations, just an intersection of interests. Unfortunately for China, the CCP's investment in Pakistan is failing big time, and is starting to become a liability more than anything.

I see Pakistan as a battleground between American influence and Chinese influence, and China is losing... badly.

Gwadar is a pipe dream and will never happen. Even if China puts forth the billions necessary to build it, Uncle Sam will intervene and prevent it from coming into fruition. Today, you saw Pakistan's biggest port get bombed. The exact same will happen in Gwadar, except on a much larger scale.

The only question is, when (not if) will Pakistan collapse?

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
This is too funny - Pak is so toxic that even small states like Kuwait are running away.

Pretty soon the only country that will welcome Pak citizens will be China.
I am longing for the day when thousands of Pak workers will go to China.

It will be a marriage made in Heaven.
Pak Muslims and their Chinki brothers - their all weather pork eating Kuffar brothers.

Brings me almost to tears !!

Yan Luo Wang

The only question is, when (not if) will Pakistan collapse?
In investment... risk is proportional to reward. The more risk you undertake, the more potential for reward.

I see Pakistan as a battleground between American influence and Chinese influence, and China is losing... badly.
I disagree. It is true that America has got the power projection and the economic clout (read: aid) to be the number one player there. No doubt about it.

But we're in it for the long term. Day by day, more Pakistani people are looking to China as a hedge, in case things go very badly for them.

Look at the recent news, Pakistan has just ASKED China, to build a Naval base in Pakistan. We got that with just a few kind words for them in hard times.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In investment, risk is proportional to reward. The more risk you undertake, the more potential for reward.
That is not always true. The more risks you take, the greater your chance of failure.

Sensible investors only take risks when absolutely necessary, especially when they have a lot to lose otherwise.

Look at the recent news, Pakistan has just ASKED China, to build a Naval base in Pakistan. We got that with just a few kind words for them in hard times.
Look at today's news. Pakistan's largest naval base just got BOMBED.

I disagree. It is true that America has got the power projection and the economic clout (read: aid) to be the number one player there. No doubt about it.

But we're in it for the long term. Day by day, more Pakistani people are looking to China as a hedge, in case things go very badly for them.
In the long term, there will be no more Pakistan, so I wonder where your investment will end up?

China is supporting the Pakistan central govt, but the central govt is losing badly on all fronts. Their economy is suffering, social instability is increasing, and terrorism is the norm. The country is falling apart faster than the CCP can repair it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
This competition for influence between USA and China in Pakistan will only hasten Pakistan's collapse.
LF, I think this is the whole point of America's actions in Afghanistan, and especially in regards in Pakistan.

Yan Luo Wang

In the long term, there will be no more Pakistan, so I wonder where your investment will end up?
If Pakistan survives: Then we have got ourselves a very loyal ally, who are willing to offer up their country to Chinese troops/ports/bases at the drop of a hat. Then of course the most important point, our strategic interests involving Gwadar, them being a represenative of China in all Muslim forums, pipelines, etc.

If Pakistan fails: Then we lose our diplomatic/economic/strategic investment. Which would be quite a severe blow.

The Chinese government apparently thinks Pakistan will survive, and they are normally quite risk-averse.

I personally, don't see Pakistan disappearing from the world map.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan is not quite a babe in the woods.

In fact, they are clever ticks.

They play the US for money and military aid.

They play China for infrastructure development. Latest being the Gwadar port to be made into a naval base!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles