Know Your 'Rafale'

Flying Dagger

Country flag
If India can afford over priced Rafale ,India can afford 110 f 35 to & no indigenous project will not be hampered. DRDO need to cancel Tejas mk 2 & channel money for AMCA & buy F 35 as a stop gap
What are you planning to do with those F 35 then ?

Put them up in a museum?

Indigenous projects won't be hampered and let's cancel Tejas mk2??:santa:

I don't know if you could see the irony or not.
:playball:

Yes Rafale is expensive in comparison to a much better F 35 A but we aren't offered nor we will buy that :nono:

F 18 on the other hand is the only jet that may be bought if it comes without any BS that USA senators will definitely come up with.

18-36 Rafale and let's focus on Tejas and AMCA . Let's be done with this .

Bhurki

Indian Rafale cost 95€ millions. his is the dry price, without support, weapons, training..
43.2% of 7.9 billion / 36 = 94.8 million each.

View attachment 40174

AND NEVER FORGET THAT IN THE 7.9 BILLION BILL, 50% ARE OFFSETS. i e the cost would have been much smaler for India without.
Ok, its getting redundant to talk.about this now..
The F35 deals include maintenance equipment and spares...The figure you quote doesnt..
Infact, the figure you quote doesn't include.many of integrated tech on F35.
Thats the reason for ISE requirement and costs way extra than the 95m

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Ok, its getting redundant to talk.about this now..
The F35 deals include maintenance equipment and spares...The figure you quote doesnt..
Infact, the figure you quote doesn't include.many of integrated tech on F35.
Thats the reason for ISE requirement and costs way extra than the 95m
Dassault always made tailor made products. In the Falcon range and in the Mirage & Rafale one.
It's nearly impossible with US products, except for Israel.
It's why India pay for.
The famous F35 tech, as the not effective helmet, needed to be re design.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Unfortunately, none of those upgrades will make it look any different to the SAM systems that will engage it. And the radars are only getting better..
as the multistatic radars. It's not without reason that an israel top rank general said that F35 stealth will vanish before 2030. 6 years after the yet scheduled FOC. short life !
And it's why Islael will probably not purchased much more F35. It's a stop gap fighter. Exactly what USAF think.

Bhurki

Dassault always made tailor made products. In the Falcon range and in the Mirage & Rafale one.
I agree to that.
France does tailor make products, and they are better suited for a set role which they perform flawlessly.
The problem arises when you see that the threat matrix for the french doesn't allow other air forces to stretch their legs. In any European/ME conflict, it is certain that a threat to France security will ring bells at NATO. That makes them far less worried in terms of dealing with the threat alone.
So, although its quite capable, French forces become kind of a show-case for their capabilities rather than use-case.
The US certainly tried to generalize roles when designing F35, and that makes it look like it can't do any role properly, but i have a hard time believing that an air force as experienced as them would fall for a trap as obvious as this.

Bhurki

as the multistatic radars. It's not without reason that an israel top rank general said that F35 stealth will vanish before 2030. 6 years after the yet scheduled FOC. short life !
And it's why Islael will probably not purchased much more F35. It's a stop gap fighter. Exactly what USAF think.
One thing I'm sure of is that they wouldn't replace those F35 with rafale, and that certainly would mean something..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's nearly impossible with US products, except for Israel.
It's why India pay for.
The famous F35 tech, as the not effective helmet, needed to be re design.

What have you been reading in the morning, the PLA Times or Hezbollah Herald?

The Isarelis love their F-35s. They are barely scratching the surface of its abilities. But I'm sure they learned more tactics in how to use it in the latesy Blue Flag

And talking about tailor made, the Americans were the original masters of tailor-made in the 50s with all types of century clseries for every kind of scenario. One of their century series even had the distinction of having the first IRST. But making one plane for defined task is such a waste of time. That's why almost all fighters now are muti-roles from F-15s, Su-27 evolutions, even the F-22 is being used in attack roles.

With advances in comouters, radars, EW tech, fighters are increasingly becoming mini-AWACs, SEADs, ELINTs and EW platforms. There is a huge operational cost savings to be made in standardizing fighters.

It's interesting that even the B-21 will be armed with A2A missiles.

Deathstar

Country flag
What have you been reading in the morning, the PLA Times or Hezbollah Herald?

The Isarelis love their F-35s. They are barely scratching the surface of its abilities. But I'm sure they learned more tactics in how to use it in the latesy Blue Flag

And talking about tailor made, the Americans were the original masters of tailor-made in the 50s with all types of century clseries for every kind of scenario. One of their century series even had the distinction of having the first IRST. But making one plane for defined task is such a waste of time. That's why almost all fighters now are muti-roles from F-15s, Su-27 evolutions, even the F-22 is being used in attack roles.

With advances in comouters, radars, EW tech, fighters are increasingly becoming mini-AWACs, SEADs, ELINTs and EW platforms. There is a huge operational cost savings to be made in standardizing fighters.

It's interesting that even the B-21 will be armed with A2A missiles.
Thats what he is saying that except Israel no has gets customised US weapons

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
One thing I'm sure of is that they wouldn't replace those F35 with rafale, and that certainly would mean something..
Before uncle Sam is paying, directly through US official help, and indirectly through rich jewish american citizen, a nice part of the bill. that's all.

Jameson Emoni

I agree to that.
France does tailor make products, and they are better suited for a set role which they perform flawlessly.
The problem arises when you see that the threat matrix for the french doesn't allow other air forces to stretch their legs. In any European/ME conflict, it is certain that a threat to France security will ring bells at NATO. That makes them far less worried in terms of dealing with the threat alone.
So, although its quite capable, French forces become kind of a show-case for their capabilities rather than use-case.
The US certainly tried to generalize roles when designing F35, and that makes it look like it can't do any role properly, but i have a hard time believing that an air force as experienced as them would fall for a trap as obvious as this.
F-35 is a multi role aircraft. So obviously it will not be a match against an aircraft which fulfills a special role.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-35 is a multi role aircraft. So obviously it will not be a match against an aircraft which fulfills a special role.
Eurofighter is specially designed for air superiority. The F-35 is multirole. On a 1vs1 fight between these 2 planes starting from 1000 kms away, which aircraft would you prefer?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles