Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
EU centre of gravity is Brussels and Merkel, with Macron at record low popularity, next French President is Marine Le Pen who is right wing populist. We will have favourable relations as ideologies are very similar provided we win in 2019.
Sure not. Marine Le Pen is totally out. She lost its sole occasion in 2017, and show its real figure during a meeting with Macron : only big noises, no strong politic way.
Macron will be re elected in 2022. It's not the few yellow vests protestors that are changing the way.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Sure not. Marine Le Pen is totally out. She lost its sole occasion in 2017, and show its real figure during a meeting with Macron : only big noises, no strong politic way.
Macron will be re elected in 2022. It's not the few yellow vests protestors that are changing the way.
He has record low approval and yellow vest want him out? Isn't a populist to capitalise on this?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
He has record low approval and yellow vest want him out? Isn't a populist to capitalise on this?
I think Hollande was lower than him at the same stage of its presidence.
Yellow vests were, the first week end, 220.000 in all France, ie 1/300 of the french population ! last december maifestation they were less than 3000.

Prashant12

Country flag
Def Sec Kumar who got Rafale deal signed:
1.Critics gloss over urgency to counter China
2.Will hit private sector initiative
3.Politicisation unprecedented
4. No money trail, middleman link, criticism based on perception
5.Will hit future acquisitions

More frustration of @Sancho :biggrin2:

According to @Sancho 'The Rafale controversy is limited to that deal only' :pound:

In Reality:

#RafaleDeal is a case that can set a bad precedent. Tomorrow any political party can cloak price transparency in any defence deal citing confidentiality in defence preparedness.

smestarz

Country flag
I dout the Argentines would agree to that mate.
During Falkland wars, the French did not deliver the Exocet missiles as ordered prior by Argentina..So you might want to look back at your statement and edit it..

EU sponsors Eurofighter not Rafale. Rafale is a first cousin of it aka a breakaway part of the program due to workshare conflicts.

French are only European country who will give whatever you need regardless of sanctions. Hence being in their good books is very important.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
During Falkland wars, the French did not deliver the Exocet missiles as ordered prior by Argentina..So you might want to look back at your statement and edit it..
Dassault maintained a technical team that assisted Agentina's Super Etendards during the war.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Comparing Argentina to India is like comparing apples to oranges.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Dassault maintained a technical team that assisted Agentina's Super Etendards during the war.
But stopped to deliver missiles, and gave to British some features so as to help them to detect and counter Exocet....

Immanuel

Country flag
EU centre of gravity is Brussels and Merkel, with Macron at record low popularity, next French President is Marine Le Pen who is right wing populist. We will have favourable relations as ideologies are very similar provided we win in 2019.
True, but Le Pen also means there is greater risk of eventual Frexit. While I don't mind that we have buyer-seller relation with and hope we always have steady relations with them but let's not overtly rely on them. While we can diversify our portfolio with a mix of Us, Russian, French & Israeli kit. Key goal should be invest heavily on local industry and eventually get away from suckling at these different teets.

Immanuel

Country flag
When you see Alerian people pushing to the sea the french, you can imagine the contrary.... Don't be so worried about France !
The last thing I worry about is France, for all the piss poor decision making, they can sink to the bottom for all I care.
I care solely for India and we don't need French baggage.

Immanuel

Country flag
Sorry if I don't believe none of what you predict, since you have been consistently wrong. Macron is a Soy boy in power and is more disconnected than ever. Fact is we can always rely on such dufuses to piss away their victory with grandstanding, virtue signaling and sheer laziness.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
France is supplying weapons to India since 60 years. We are a reliable partner : no hold on during Kargill, no ambargo during the nuc crisis.
Our only "sin" : the supply of 3 subs to Pak. After that we didn't accept to deliver MICA missile and RC400 radars.
You can trust in France.

EU is a pretty new concept. Don't imagine us thinking.
Lol then what mirage 3-5 doing in pak airforce haha you guys have too many sins
And in future i will see france supply ssk to pak navy and many more

vampyrbladez

Country flag
True, but Le Pen also means there is greater risk of eventual Frexit. While I don't mind that we have buyer-seller relation with and hope we always have steady relations with them but let's not overtly rely on them. While we can diversify our portfolio with a mix of Us, Russian, French & Israeli kit. Key goal should be invest heavily on local industry and eventually get away from suckling at these different teets.
I am all for Frexit. Fuck the EU, those pompous idiots fund NGOs and activist groups here.

Advaidhya Tiwari

I am all for Frexit. Fuck the EU, those pompous idiots fund NGOs and activist groups here.
France is also part of the same pompous people. Only difference ia that France is resource poor country and hence behaves more humbly compared to countries like USA which has lots of resources or UK which has its own oil supply and USA patronage. French being less aggressive has to do with lesser amount of resources rathee than intent

I would not trust France too much and start praising it altogether. India and France have limited relationship and must not be exaggerated. I would prefer usage of more cautious words towards France which doesn't praise France while not criticise it either to maintain the right balance.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Le Pen has 0% chance to be President of France. 0% !!!
His father Jean Marie LePen was a better politician, and lost the 2002 election with 20% (80% for Jacques Chirac). She was pityfull during a TV meeting agains Macron in 2017.... She is discredited, for the rest of her political life. As Jean Luc Melanchon from the full left aisle.

As in most of the west country, the full right aisle of the people is nearly 15 to 20% of the population. Far from being enough to take control.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles