Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The dead tells no tales!

niharjhatn

What do you mean?
I am the leader of country X. You live in country X. As leader of country X I say I am the greatest. Outside world believes it because no one else is allowed to interact with the outside world. You don't like me, and plan to blab to the outside world. I kill you. You = dead = can't speak = I stay great. :D

The effects of this can be seen in NK...

Last edited by a moderator:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i doubt its a "crying game" being played out, and something i can talk from experience.

when indira gandhi was assassinated, india bid a very tearful adieu and left behind a country depressed.

another example, in the 1996 cricket world cup we lost to minnows in sri lanka, a defeat that was seen as a huge humiliation and a huge let down by the national team, and i recall most of the people for the next 2 days at least couldnt get over the defeat.

here is someone, kim jong il, around whom there was this tremendous aura built around, who was seen as all powerful, who was invincible, who had these mystic powers for whom mother nature would get happy and depressed, who was mightier than the mightiest, around whose personality there was this huge propaganda, and when you lose someone who has been portrayed like that, people crying their hearts out, howling, screaming, emotional outbursts is a but natural culmination. this country is in a deep state of shock and depression.

have they reported people committing suicides in grief? wont be surprised if people have.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well the word "game" comes in because of the very OA (over acting) manner in which these NOKORs express their grief for their deceased Kims. It's more of a sarcasm. :laugh:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Well the word "game" comes in because of the very OA (over acting) manner in which these NOKORs express their grief for their deceased Kims. It's more of a sarcasm. :laugh:
yeah, something that has intrigued me as well. when the cameras move closer to bereaved crowd they start to scream and howl but when the cameras aren't close by but at a distance, they are crying but not screaming.

amoy

Kim Jong-il is said to be versatile. He co-conducted a movie / opera "Flower Girl" which was classic. Up to date the theme song is popular, even among Chinese

On NK's 1-Won (Yuan) bank note there's the 'flower girl'

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kim Jong-il is said to be versatile. He co-conducted a movie / opera "Flower Girl" which was classic. Up to date the theme song is popular, even among Chinese

Indeed he is versatile, he can also be an idiotic ruler (as he presided one of the most disastrous era in any country with millions of his countrymen killed by famine).

niharjhatn

Indeed he is versatile, he can also be an idiotic ruler (as he presided one of the most disastrous era in any country with millions of his countrymen killed by famine).
He can also ride a horse in a way that puts both John Wayne and Clint Eastwood to shame... :D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles