Killswitch here

Killswitch

Country flag
Hello there. Sorry I didn't introduce myself.

Im from Canada, names *&^% (I was named after a bollywood star...any guesses?)

My dad used to be an arms dealer AKA "middleman" (he was part of the American bid for the Tender Bofors won in the 80's).

I have 3 years reserve service in the army and navy in Canada.

I consider small arms a bit of a hobby (I have a restricted and non-restricted licence, plan on buying a jericho pistol and a beretta or tavor carbine with my tax return in 3 months :)

I lived in India when i was younger (Punjab) and I plan on going back in the next few years(last time was 2009).

I have a degree in Political science.

I like playing guitar and kickboxing (been fighting for about 10 years now for fun).

I've been an armchair general for over 10 years reading forums on different sites (Bharat rakshak, LiveFist, etc.) and this month decided to hit the forums (finally).

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When I first read the handle I thought it was a government guy logging in after the HC order :rofl:

Welcome aboard. What too you so long to sign up on DFI. You have a lot to make for. Hit the road.

H.A.

Welcome.....please don't press the "killswitch" on innocent DFI members....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Welcome.to DFI.

I have 3 years reserve service in the army and navy in Canada.
Been in the Army AND Navy?

What all experience did you have in the Canadian Army and Navy?

The application form of the Canadian Defence Force is as follows (see Para 2 of the Application Form)
http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/CF_application_form_demande_emploi_FC.pdf

Occupational environment preferred РPr̩f̩rence relative au service
If Reserve, which sub-component? РDans le cas de la Force de r̩serve, dans quelle sous-cat̩gorie de service?

Navy
Marine
Army
Armée de terre
Air Force
Force aérienne
Communications (Reserve only)
Réserve des communications
Health Services Reserve
Réserve des Services de santé
It shows that you can apply for the Navy (Marine) or Army or the Air Force and some others.

There appears to be no options to be in two services or so it appears

Therefore, my query since it is unique that as a Reservist you served both in the Army and the Navy and that too in the span of 3 years. Was it half in the Army and half in the Navy?

Sure would like to know how it was done.

Last edited:

JAISWAL

welcome onboard mate.
Have a nice stay, and post regularly.

Killswitch

Country flag
I was int the army when I was sixteen. transferred to the navy when i was 18, had to leave the forces before I was 20 (university took up all my time).

I did basic reserve training in the Army and regular force basic training in the Navy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Spark,'

Nice avatar.

Rules lead to a natural serenity! ;)

However, I like the other one which you have appended.

Killswitch

Country flag
Welcome.to DFI.

Been in the Army AND Navy?

What all experience did you have in the Canadian Army and Navy?

The application form of the Canadian Defence Force is as follows (see Para 2 of the Application Form)
http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/CF_application_form_demande_emploi_FC.pdf

It shows that you can apply for the Navy (Marine) or Army or the Air Force and some others.

There appears to be no options to be in two services or so it appears

Therefore, my query since it is unique that as a Reservist you served both in the Army and the Navy and that too in the span of 3 years. Was it half in the Army and half in the Navy?

Sure would like to know how it was done.
I was in the Army, then asked for a transfer and was sent to the Navy. About the same amount of time in each. It required allot of paper work and time for the bureaucracy to do its part.

I also had to redo my basic training (Army reserve accepts reservist basic training, Navy only accepts regular force basic training, which is longer and more detailed).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles