Khar meets Hurriyat leaders

ganesh177

Country flag
Khar meets Hurriyat leaders

External Affairs Ministry terms it a bad idea

Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Tuesday met the leaderships of the two factions of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference soon after her arrival in the capital for her ministerial engagement with External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna on Wednesday.

Meeting both factions separately, Ms. Khar reiterated Pakistan's "principled" position on Jammu and Kashmir which was based on the realisation by the Kashmiri people of their right to self-determination.
The Pakistan Foreign Office described the meetings as part of the Foreign Minister's consultations with the Kashmiri leadership before her meeting with Mr. Krishna. Ms. Khar had met the Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik in Lahore on Monday.

But the External Affairs Ministry termed the meetings a "bad idea," though official sources said the meetings between Pakistani senior officials and Kashmiri separatist leaders on the eve of the India-Pakistan talks had acquired routine overtones.

"They are the caregivers for the Hurriyat," admitted the sources and added, "they need to tell the Hurriyat to talk the language of peace, sanity and reconciliation. Goading the Hurriyat to espouse the cause they have been espousing will hardly help improve Indo-Pak ties or help resolve issues like Jammu & Kashmir."

While the Hurriyat hardliners' leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was accompanied by Ayaz Akbar and Shafi Reshi, the Mirwaiz Umar Farooq group included, besides him, Abdul Ghani Bhat, Aga Syed Hassan Badgami, Bilal Ghani Lone, Mukhtia Ahmed Waza, Musadiq Adil and Muhammad Abdullah Tarri.

Speaking to media after the talks, Mr. Geelani said the Kashmiris appreciated the support given by Pakistan to them. "The Kashmiris seek resolution to the Jammu and Kashmir dispute through the exercise of their right to self-determination. The Kashmiri youth in particular is committed to carrying forward this just cause and hold high the banner of justice for the Kashmiris."The Mirwaiz and other Kashmiri leaders appreciated the political, diplomatic and moral support given by Pakistan to the Kashmiri cause. On Monday, Mr. Malik had welcomed the confidence-building measures that were already in place — saying they had created a healthy atmosphere in Kashmir — but expressed concern at the non-inclusion of Kashmiris in the Indo-Pakistan dialogue on their fate.

On Wednesday, Ms. Khar will open her engagements with her meeting with Mr. Krishna, which will be followed by lunch. In the afternoon, she will call on Leader of the Opposition (Lok Sabha) Sushma Swaraj, then meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Ms. Khar will host a dinner and emplane for Pakistan the next day.

The Hindu : News / National : Khar meets Hurriyat leaders

Last edited:

ganesh177

Country flag
What i dont understand, how did indian govt approved this to happen on indian soil ? Hina rabbani visited seperatist b4 meeting krishna ? Does she even feel like meeting him now ? That sounds like slap for krishna and insult for india.

This was supposed to be the visit for peace talks, how did kashmir come into agenda ? She cud haad visited the vistims of latest bomb blast or 26/11 to set the positive tone for the visit, nut no, she had to irk india by meeting huriyat. She has earned a bad name in india for sure.
Wud the indian leaders visit islamabad and talk to baloch seperatist ? Why not ?

Blackwater

She came,She saw, saw left,and all Hurriat buddas charged up...:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Tronic

This was supposed to be the visit for peace talks, how did kashmir come into agenda ? She cud haad visited the vistims of latest bomb blast or 26/11 to set the positive tone for the visit, nut no, she had to irk india by meeting huriyat. She has earned a bad name in india for sure.
Not exactly. India and Pakistan's issue is Kashmir. Any peace talks which don't have Kashmir on agenda are meaningless. Though, it wouldn't have hurt if she visited terror victims but than it would be counter productive for the Pakistani side to do that and than push forward their agenda.

Wud the indian leaders visit islamabad and talk to baloch seperatist ? Why not ?
Balochistan is not a bilateral Indo-Pak issue. Though at Sharm-el-Sheikh it almost became one, as India effectively nudged into the Baloch issue, but the opposition in India went berserk. So, I think we have since than silently backed off from there now.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
lol. Not again. This girl is not cute from any angle, and especially not in the picture you posted! :pound:
Too right. I see better everyday on streets.

Who cares who she meets...neither she, nor her country and neither the people she meets can do shit about kashmir.

mayfair

I'm sure the Hurriyat pervs would have enjoyed the treats offered by the nubile Ms. Khar from across the Thar.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
and how do Indians treat them:

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/beta2/tft/article.php?issue=20110722&page=16

Still lost in my new world, I saw, from the corner of my eye a dark-grey scooter mounted by a middle-aged woman. She was wearing a beige shalwar kameez, her head covered with a black cloth and a dupatta. Her kirpan was hanging on one side in its belt. Her mouth was covered with a white handkerchief. She overtook our bus with comfortable ease and then halted at the red light, where we also stopped next to her. And then there was a whole army of them. Women of all ages appeared out of nowhere, all of them on scooters. There were young girls, probably students, often dressed in jeans or capris. There were mothers whose children clung to the little space between the handle and the seat. There were daughters-in-law taking their mothers-in-law with them. And then there were the cycle rickshaws. That ancient Indian ride, which is a small cart, for no more than two passengers attached to a cycle; mostly occupied by teenage girls, probably heading to or back from their tuitions. It was nothing like Pakistan. Women walked on the streets, unguarded by male protectors, not shy of their male-dominated society. They were all over Amritsar.
The actors at Ajoka knew that once they entered India they wouldn't get the same rates, so they had exchanged their Pakistani rupees for Indian ones at the Pakistani border through unlicensed money exchangers. I think the rate was somewhere around 0.55, so 55 Indian rupees for 100 Pakistani. On the Indian side of the border, the rate declined drastically to 0.44, 44 Indian rupees for 100 Pakistani. Those who had brought Indian rupees only had to announce the amount at the customs. That was the only hurdle.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
and how do Indians treat them:

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/beta2/tft/article.php?issue=20110722&page=16

Still lost in my new world, I saw, from the corner of my eye a dark-grey scooter mounted by a middle-aged woman. She was wearing a beige shalwar kameez, her head covered with a black cloth and a dupatta. Her kirpan was hanging on one side in its belt. Her mouth was covered with a white handkerchief. She overtook our bus with comfortable ease and then halted at the red light, where we also stopped next to her. And then there was a whole army of them. Women of all ages appeared out of nowhere, all of them on scooters. There were young girls, probably students, often dressed in jeans or capris. There were mothers whose children clung to the little space between the handle and the seat. There were daughters-in-law taking their mothers-in-law with them. And then there were the cycle rickshaws. That ancient Indian ride, which is a small cart, for no more than two passengers attached to a cycle; mostly occupied by teenage girls, probably heading to or back from their tuitions. It was nothing like Pakistan. Women walked on the streets, unguarded by male protectors, not shy of their male-dominated society. They were all over Amritsar.
The actors at Ajoka knew that once they entered India they wouldn't get the same rates, so they had exchanged their Pakistani rupees for Indian ones at the Pakistani border through unlicensed money exchangers. I think the rate was somewhere around 0.55, so 55 Indian rupees for 100 Pakistani. On the Indian side of the border, the rate declined drastically to 0.44, 44 Indian rupees for 100 Pakistani. Those who had brought Indian rupees only had to announce the amount at the customs. That was the only hurdle.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Travel: Crossing Over - Part II by Haroon Khalid

Delhi, like Lahore, is a romance. At least that was the impression I took with me. Delhi-wallahs who write in numerous Pakistani newspapers and magazines evoke a romantic Delhi, much in the way that writers like Salman Rashid, Shafqat Tanveer Mirza or Majid Sheikh write about Lahore. "Delhi is like Lahore and Mumbai like Karachi," I had heard numerous people tell me. But my first impression of the city, which also lasted, was that it is nothing like Lahore. It is a different world where different rules apply. If anything, it is a combination of Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad; Lahore with its heritage, Karachi with its business centers and plazas, and Islamabad with its capital-ness, its manicured greenery and air of enforced cleanliness. And even this is an inept description of the city. One would also have to modernize the combination of these three cities to create a Delhi.
On our way, I initiated a conversation with the driver. It turned out that he was a Punjabi who had been living in Delhi all his life. When I told him I was from Lahore, he got excited and expressed his desire to see the city. However, soon he added that he doesn't want to come to Pakistan. He said that Pakistan is a terrorist country, and the only reason why there is terrorism in India is because of Pakistan. He told me that Pakistan should be ostracized from the international community because of its state sponsored terrorism. I admit to not subscribing to a patriotic-nationalistic view point, and I criticize the involvement of the Pakistani authorities in India and other states, but as the auto-driver continued with his Pakistan-bashing, I felt angered, even hurt. "You never should have mentioned that you are from Pakistan," Madeeha later told me. Interestingly, at the end of the conversation, the auto driver said that he would like to visit Lahore but not Pakistan.
That evening I was invited to a house for dinner. Ana Sahib, who is in his 80s, is a retired chartered accountant. He has a passion for theatre, which is how Madeeha and he became friends. I told him about the remarks of the auto driver. He told me that the impression of Pakistan in India is similar to that of the driver. He handed me a copy of Sunday Times of India, one of the leading English newspapers in the country, which had a special report on Pakistan. The picture included a map of Pakistan, without the Kashmir area, with barbed wires on it. The title read, "What can be done with, for, to Pakistan". The features included Pakistani and other writers expressing fears about a Taliban takeover, a military coup, a pro-Taliban military coup, and suggesting India or America taking over the nuclear assets of Pakistan through a military operation. At the end of the page there was a picture of bearded men, crying during the absent funeral of Osama Bin Laden, in Karachi, organized by the Jamaat-ud-Dawa. Given such media representation, it is only natural that a lot of people end up thinking that such photographs represent the majority opinion in Pakistan.
Our stay in Delhi was an emotional rollercoaster. Whereas being part of the play instilled pride in me, there were other times when I felt embarrassment, anger and fear. I got out of my hotel one afternoon to make a phone call back home. I walked into an STD (PCO in the Pakistani context) that was situated in the basement of a shop next to the hotel. I asked the man sitting behind the counter if I could make a phone call abroad. The old man, sitting next to a younger one, pointed out to a small booth and asked me to call. I dialed 00920423... and started waiting for the tone. Suddenly the old man jumped into the booth and asked me loudly where I was calling. I told him Pakistan. He shouted at me to shut the phone immediately. :hail:I had no other choice. The younger man accompanying him behind the counter, who was calmer, asked for some sort of identification. I told him that I was staying at the hotel next to his shop, and that my passport was there. He told me that I couldn't make the phone call without the passport. I walked out of the shop, too angry to come back with the passport. I didn't want to be humiliated again, so I refused to try my luck with another STD.
But the encounter at the STD had put me in low spirits. I felt as If I was an unwelcome tourist. India Gate was full of other tourists. There were Indians from various parts of the countries; dark-complexioned Indians from the South, Chinese-ooking Buddhists and white Westerners. India, unlike Pakistan, is a tourist-friendly country, but how friendly it is of Pakistanis, I thought to myself? I avoided looking the guards at the monument in the eye, fearing they would detect my Pakistaniyat. :pound:A couple of years ago traffic used to pass around the monument, but then it was closed after terrorist threats. Where do these terrorists come from? From 092...! Next to India Gate was the seat of Indian democracy, the Parliament, also known as the Rashtrapati Bhavan.:confused::tsk: A straight road from the monument leads to the structure. I thought a walk of a few minutes would take me to it, but I was wrong.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Doesn't matter if she met the Hurriyat old goats.

They must have been so dazzled by this nubile creature that they were too mesmerised to even hear what she said!

Thus, she merely cast pearls before swine!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Pray tell me how the F was that sk**k allowed to meet the Hurriyat terrorists?

mayfair

Doesn't matter if she met the Hurriyat old goats.

They must have been so dazzled by this nubile creature that they were too mesmerised to even hear what she said!

Thus, she merely cast pearls before swine!
She's nubile as long as she keeps her mouth shut. Once she opens her trap she comes across as a tranny with severe pharyngitis. I suspect she's a bloke down there. Hurriyat tosspots would have creamed themselves over that.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pray tell me how the F was that sk**k allowed to meet the Hurriyat terrorists?
Reunion for the terrorists. Probably to discuss Ramadan protests. Why the F were they allowed? May be to show the world see their FM met Hurriyat and now you have violence in Kashmir.
Nah, she was allowed because she made the powers to be weak in their knees with her charm.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles