Key IM logistics man deported from UAE

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
After the 2008 Batla House encounter, around a dozen IM operatives, including Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal, were suspected to have fled to Dubai via Nepal. SUMMARY
The details provided in the red- corner notice included his name as Sultan Ahmed Faizan, and a physical description.
An alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative, who is said to have helped suspected terrorists on the run in Dubai and facilitated their travel to Pakistan, was deported to India on Friday. The man, identified as Faizan Ahmed, is believed to run a business in Dubai, and belongs to Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh. He was detained by UAE authorities with the help of India's external intelligence agency RAW. A red corner notice had also been issued against Ahmed by Interpol, officials said. Indian investigators said Ahmed's name cropped up during the interrogation of several arrested IM operatives who claimed they had travelled to Dubai via Nepal after a crackdown in 2008. Ahmed is also said to have helped IM operatives to transfer money from Dubai. "Apart from providing logistics support, Ahmed also helped IM operatives who were on the run to get Bangladeshi and Pakistani passports through his contacts and travel to Pakistan for training," said a senior official. After the 2008 Batla House encounter, around a dozen IM operatives, including Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal, were suspected to have fled to Dubai via Nepal. Ahmed is alleged to have facilitated the travel of several of these fugitives. The National Investigation Agency, which arrested IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and Asadullah Akhtar near the India-Nepal border last year, had got a red-corner notice issued against Ahmed.

Read more here:
Key IM logistics man deported from UAE | The Indian Express

EXPERT

soon the IM will not be able to fire a cracker in INDIA if all goes like this . .

Good job done RAW, IB, AI, NIA and Our police forces . . .

JBH22

Links of IM operative traced to SP leader Azmi

NEW DELHI: In what could cause embarrassment to the Samajwadi Party, an Indian Mujahideen operative, deported from Sharjah on Friday, has been found to be linked with the party's Mumbai leader Abu Asim Azmi.

IM operative Sultan Ahmed Faizan, who was detained in Dubai in February this year and subsequently deported, worked with Abu Azmi in 1980s in a placement agency that sent people to Saudi Arabia, his interrogation has revealed. TOI was the first paper to report Faizan"s detention in Dubai on February 19.

Speaking to TOI Azmi conceded that he knew Faizan very well but had nothing to do with his recent activities. "Faizan worked with me around 1985 in my placement agency which sent people for jobs to Saudi Arabia. After that he opened his own agency in Madanpura and then shifted to Dubai. I am not aware of his recent activities," Azmi told TOI.

A resident of Azamgarh, Faizan, 55, is also a close associate of underworld don Abu Salem, who along with Azmi also hails from the same region in UP. Faizan is accused of being involved in the 2008 Delhi serial blasts and is the main conduit of the outfit in Dubai connecting recruits with bosses in Pakistan. He has been instrumental in providing shelter to fugitive IM operatives and has also arranged finances for the outfit.

Links of IM operative traced to SP leader Azmi - The Times of India

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ I am not at all surprised by this news of SP leaders being involved with IM. If one conducts more thorough probes, almost all SP Muslim leaders will be found with their hands dirty. Abu Azmi, Azam Khan - everyone. SP as a party needs to go extinct in India. There is not a single good or redeeming factor about this goonda party.

JBH22

^^ I am not at all surprised by this news of SP leaders being involved with IM. If one conducts more thorough probes, almost all SP Muslim leaders will be found with their hands dirty. Abu Azmi, Azam Khan - everyone. SP as a party needs to go extinct in India. There is not a single good or redeeming factor about this goonda party.
Surprisingly not a single case made or investigation done by CBI, RAW or other intelligence agencies.

If I'm not mistaken in some countries before standing elections the MLAs have to obtain clearance from security agencies before contesting election.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles