Kaveri Engine

abhay rajput

Country flag
Paisey aapka daddy dega --- last I heard chetoos sellers are technological juggernaut --- what happen ?
Bhai mera ghr se har month bhaut tax Jata ha.. aur ha paise Ko chore, ye btao ki engine kon banyega..? I have no hope from GTRE or any other company in India.. even Chinese have invested billion of dollars and even then they don't have a reliable good engine... Right now whoever is willing to sell engine core technology we should just buy it.. and only Safran has openly said for full TOT.. bottom line

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Paisey aapka daddy dega --- last I heard chetoos sellers are technological juggernaut --- what happen ?
Okay, I agree that we have marketing team running our economy. But do you think that other parties would have done better ?
I for one now think that we need another front in politics. One who can really propel us into serious growth for next two decades.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Okay, I agree that we have marketing team running our economy. But do you think that other parties would have done better ?
I for one now think that we need another front in politics. One who can really propel us into serious growth for next two decades.
By reform you mean what ? Politician won't change anything ---- they are there for money.

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Then what is the way around given all our politicians are corrupt ?
how can we change things ---- first accept our weaknesses & let's not be jingoistic & emotional wreck as a nation ---- let's start living within our means first & foremost --- maybe you don't need that I phone & other crap --- let's take a step back & see where we stand compared to developed countries in resource abundance, technological front, human capital, genetic capital & stop deluding ourselves --- this hip hop , brothelwood & macho culture has destroyed a whole generation of youth & it's keep on going ---- we have engineers from premium institute who are not doing engineering or research but are doing financial engineering, IAS,IPS lmao! ---- घंटा रिसर्च होगी हैं.

Jameson Emoni

Post-Brexit, India and the UK are exploring several options for jointly collaborating in defence projects and will soon finalise a government to government format for future defence deals. According to the UK Minister for Defence Procurement James Heappey, “Soon there will be a government to government agreement related to collaboration in developing a jet engine.” Without elaborating further the visiting minister indicated that the announcement will come soon.

Since India prefers a government to government route, the two sides are keen to have the framework for future defence deals soon as the jet engine agreement is expected soon.

https://www.financialexpress.com/defence/india-uk-to-work-jointly-in-jet-engine-development/1860130/

dude00720

Country flag
So Two things are happening.
a) UK talking of a G2G (Government 2 Government) defense deal for development of jet engine, with , Rolls-Royce being primary Partner.
b) https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/15/tru...-stop-exporting-ges-engines-to-china-wsj.html .

Trump administration may stop exporting engines co-manufactured by GE to China

Some Good Tactical steps. One must say. This might give us Huge advantage in airforce , since, chinese engines are not stealthy enough. So, 5th gen for china is Kaput.

dude00720

Country flag
Nah, this paki mole is from labor party (obviously) and ruling party is conservative. Such snakes are good for commie media feed, not relevant actually.
There are Labour lobbies in British Foreign office. Dont underestimate their capacities to spoil something.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
There are Labour lobbies in British Foreign office. Dont underestimate their capacities to spoil something.
Such tech development is not job of foreign office, rolls royes is involved along with british govt run by conservatives. Such paki shit can't do a thing to such co-development plan if it were a reality.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I don't know why the MOD is moving with snails pace regarding Turbofan development.
Are the folks sitting in MOD that dumb or they don't care enough to give a shit.

If I was heading MOD, I would put aero engine in the same category with Nuclear Program or SSBN project on priority list.

No country in the world will give us such an important technology for free, even if they do they will extract billions for it.

There is no shortcut way out, JV is useless.
We have had several JV with France for helicopter engine which don't amount to shit, still don't have our own indigenous Engine.
Yes I know HTSE 1200 is there but call me when its actually integrated in any heli.

We would just have to Re Invent the wheel I dont see the way out.

I hope the government just doesn't sit on the IP of Aero Engines, License it to private conapnies as well.

Last edited:

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

.......... ............. .
Well it's all piecemeal. We need an urgent pan national task force with a competent technical engineer / task master to unite these Pvt players and work towards developing an indigenous engine using Kaveri as the base in the next 10 years in mission mode !

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Single Crystal casting technologies developed by Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE)

It is envisaged to indigenously develop single crystal casting technologies for HP turbine blades and vanes along with Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL). The primary aim is to deliver single crystal turbine blades and vanes with EBPVD/TBC coatings in a ‘ready to fit’ condition. This will enable high creep life turbine blades and vanes for future versions of Kaveri engines.
FB_IMG_1583134315514.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles