Kaveri Engine

proud_indian

Country flag
HTSE1200 and HTFE25 are very similar developments. One with shaft and another with fan. SARAS can be powered by making this into turboprop
Or with HTFE directly..... :)
It's definitely gonna happen along the lines of Falcon series of business jets.

One more question guys. When Kaveri matures, Can it be used to power transport aircrafts likes of ll-276 or Will that require further modifications?

proud_indian

Country flag
I think I have got my answer. It would require a lot bigger engine to power any Medium Transport Aircraft as II-276 is using 2 × Aviadvigatel PD-14M turbofan engines, 152.98 kN (34,392 lbf) thrust each.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
I think I have got my answer. It would require a lot bigger engine to power any Medium Transport Aircraft as II-276 is using 2 × Aviadvigatel PD-14M turbofan engines, 152.98 kN (34,392 lbf) thrust each.
4x kaveri might do work though but with high bypass model low bypass dont have good fule economy as required by transport planes

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
The engines are not only bigger but also have high bypass ratio. The bypass rationale of fighter jet engines are leas than 1 and preferably 0.5 or less.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This is not true. Rafale can't supercruise but Typhoon can in A2A role. Let me give examples of planes that can supercruise and their engine size:
  1. Su30 MKI has twin Al31F of 80/125kN for 38ton weight. It translates to 53/83kN for 25ton class
  2. EF Typhoon is 24ton class and has 60/90kN engine. 65/100kN Kaveri for AMCA will do even better
  3. F15 is 31ton class and has twin F100 engine with 65/105kN. This translates to 52/85kN for 25ton class.
  4. Su57 is 36ton with Al41F engine of 93/147kN. This translates to 65/102kN for 25ton class

25ton plane using twin 65/100kN Kaveri itself is enough for most operations. It is at the level of PAK-FA currently with Al41F engines. The 75/110kN engine will make AMCA the class of PAK-FA with Izdeliye 30 engine or F22 class. The problem with this is that F22 has 8.3ton of fuel, PAK-FA has 10.3ton of fuel whereas AMCA has fuel of 6tons.

The maximum speed is also said to be 1.8Mach for AMCA. This is in contrast to F22 or PAK-FA with item 30 engine which has maximum speed of 2.25Mach. So, AMCA is most probably designed to have 65/100kN Kaveri, not 75/110kN engines.

Just one question............. Where from you got the info that Su30MKI could supercruise? Supercruise ability is only there in Su-35 series with there AL-41F engine.
Moreover Rafale does supercruise with considerable A2A payload.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Just one question............. Where from you got the info that Su30MKI could supercruise? Supercruise ability is only there in Su-35 series with there AL-41F engine.
Moreover Rafale does supercruise with considerable A2A payload.
Are you saying that Su30 can't supercruise? And, no Rafale definitely does not supercruise with decent loads or reasonably full fuel tank

rudresh

Country flag
We were about to get the high altitude testing facility as an offset for the jumbo C18 deal know what happened ?

Is it actually going to come or the only fancy terms used by US to sell something.

rudresh

Country flag
4x kaveri might do work though but with high bypass model low bypass dont have good fule economy as required by transport planes
Kaveri engine is in balanced mode always as it is a flat rated it is better to throw off that and get into performance mode as other engines work,will make it much more fuel efficient but may slightly decrease it's life.

The final thrust could be,if they want can be customised to an agreeable level if they really require.

But the transport planes engines have a bigger face and a smaller ass!! and a higher bipass with higher thrust and realibility which will take some time....for Kaveri to walk as it is maturing day by day by sorting out problems one by one....... Eagerly awaiting for the high altitude test results.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Are you saying that Su30 can't supercruise? And, no Rafale definitely does not supercruise with decent loads or reasonably full fuel tank
We need engine more powerful then su35 s we should think & act for present & future . yes rafale & su 30 mki cant stand against su35s .

Enquirer

We need engine more powerful then su35 s we should think & act for present & future . yes rafale & su 30 mki cant stand against su35s .
AL41F will help Su-30MKI to supercruise.
How do we know that? AL41F helps Su-35 (same family as Su-30) supercruise!

Also upgraded Su-30MKI will be pretty close or even exceed Su-35 in some areas.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
That's true, SU 30 MKI cannot supercruise......

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Not right now.
But With newer al41 engines it may, since su35s do have super cruise capabilities....
It would not be so easy, Su 35 lacks canards so it is easier for it to supercruise. Though nothing is impossible.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes Su30 can't supercruise as of now.

Now the concept of super cruise itself is twisted. Rafale could supercruise at an altitude of 18000 feet with a drop tank and 4 A2A missile. Now this is good enough for any A2A role, but with drop in altitude, it would loose its super cruise ability with the same payload.

Even F-22 can't supercruise with full battle load.

rudresh

Country flag
This thread have been diverted from the main subject kaveri engine to the things that does not have any to do with kaveri.

Do we require Su-30 or F22 in a Kaveri engine thread??

Anyways,What if Russia/america tomorrow ban sales of engine for us......we will have only hanger queens.

Until and unless we get Kaveri tested and working well no one will be realible supplier forget about supercruise.

If we have a working engine it has its own stragertic effect, a fear that if I don't supply it will just be a matter of time.....he will develop.

It may be the last hurdle for India to jump .....what more do we really require to make a fighter on our own????

Just a realible engine.....

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Till now we didnot give any order of modernization for SU30MKI , current Our planes cant supercurise so we need new engine for our planes .

We need more powerful engine .ASAP for at least 40+ fighter planes

arya

Country flag
This thread have been diverted from the main subject kaveri engine to the things that does not have any to do with kaveri.

Do we require Su-30 or F22 in a Kaveri engine thread??

Anyways,What if Russia/america tomorrow ban sales of engine for us......we will have only hanger queens.

Until and unless we get Kaveri tested and working well no one will be realible supplier forget about supercruise.

If we have a working engine it has its own stragertic effect, a fear that if I don't supply it will just be a matter of time.....he will develop.

It may be the last hurdle for India to jump .....what more do we really require to make a fighter on our own????

Just a realible engine.....

We need engine for future , we need fast powerful engine . we should not waste time & money on waste , we have to ork on future technology . we need powerful engine for our 5 th gen panes

clear vision

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles