Kathryn Bigelow to recreate Osama bin Laden town in India

Blackwater

Kathryn Bigelow, the Oscar-winning director of The Hurt Locker, is to recreate the Pakistan Army garrison town Abbottabad in India for her new film on the US Navy Seals who tracked and killed Osama bin Laden.

Kathryn Bigelow Photo: PAUL GROVER

By Dean Nelson, New Delhi1:22PM GMT 22 Feb 2012 4 Comments
Her eagerly-awaited film, which is understood to be titled Zero Dark Thirty, is due for release in December this year, tells the story of the US Navy Seal team which trailed the notorious al-Qaeda leader before finally killing him, his aides and one of his sons in a night raid on his secret compound in the heart of a Pakistan army establishment town.
Its cast is understood to include Jessica Chastain, star of The Help, British actor Mark Strong, Aymen Hamdouchi and Kyle Chandler.
The raid, which was carried out without the knowledge of the Pakistan army and government, caused widespread anger at the violation of the country's sovereignty and remains a source of anti-American feeling in the country.
The doctor who used a fake immunisation campaign to help the team pinpoint the bin Laden compound is still in custody.
The producers decided in the current security climate it would be impossible for them to film in Pakistan and looked for alternative locations.:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt:

Kathryn Bigelow to recreate Osama bin Laden town in India - Telegraph

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hurt Locker was dramatic but not good EOD doctrine.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
She should be locked with the Taliban for a week... yep thats the best method I can think of for her to understand tailban....(hope you catch my meaning:devil::eyebrows::eyebrows:)

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Are you guys serious, She is going to make a movie which is going to put pakistan in one of the worst situations ever, Pakistan will stand exposed and to even a wider audience. If anything, we should be helping her in any way she wants. Any anti-pakistani movies, should be given tax breaks in india, they are doing more work than our MEA

niharjhatn

Whatever people feel about this, I felt The Hurt Locker was an excellent movie about how war (esp to an EOD guy) really acts like an intoxicant, something about riding that fine line between life and death, that stimulates the human body in ways that can never be matched.

Don't get why go to the trouble of filming in India - aren't there other random deserted places in America itself? Mexico would be comparable, given a set etc has to be set up anyway...

but I am all for it... especially since 95% of Indian movies are filmed overseas, time overseas directors returned the favour :D

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Why are some people against this? I don't see what is wrong with this - but maybe I am missing something? :noidea:

Adux

Country flag
This is just brilliant, think about it. Pakistan will get their name even more tarnished. When she makes the movie, there is no way she can make it without exposing Pakistan. Indian government should give her a tax exemption.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Hey we can allow her to shoot the OBL film in Indian on one condition..... Sunny Phaji would be the commander of the Marine force which killed OBL and he would kill OBL with a handpump.
:lol::lol::lol:

indian_sukhoi

I didnt liked foreign producers coming to india to remake a scene, just because india looks similar to Pak. It feels like they relate us with them(My own thought)

But, Heck, I was wrong. After reading adux point of view, They actually doing a favour by exposing Pakistan scum face to the world. :drunk2:

ganesh177

Country flag
Whats wrong of making this film in india ?

1. At least some jobs for indians to work in film and infrastructure.
2. More rubbing salt for pakistan that anti-pakistan film is being made in india with help of indians.

I can almost see some pakistanis crying in future, osama hamara bacha tha, how come amreekhans outsource our work to india.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Whats wrong of making this film in india ?

1. At least some jobs for indians to work in film and infrastructure.
2. More rubbing salt for pakistan that anti-pakistan film is being made in india with help of indians.

I can almost see some pakistanis crying in future, osama hamara bacha tha, how come amreekhans outsource our work to india.
The insurance costs for filming in Pakistan would be astronomical.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
It is an opportunity for Indians to make best out of it. As Ganesh has already highlighted the reasons for supporting such ventures, I am going to add just one point we should welcome all the help we can get to demonise the satanic rulers on our Western borders who are being helped by Barbarians from the Eastern side.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles