Kashmir issue resolution essential for lasting peace: Pak

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The real trouble is that the Kashmiri terrorist organisations based in Pakistan are able to carry out bomb blasts and attacks in rest of India.
Just a correction, there were never kashmiri terrorists, it was always Pakistani terrorists. Kashmiris are most laid back people who just want be left alone, it was Pakistan which has dragged them into this muck by sending in terrorists from across the border and masquerading them as kashmiri terrorists.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
I dont know, it doesnot seem all that difficult to enlist men from Kashmir(PoK) for terrorism. They must be fed a life long diet of propoganda.

And many Kashmiri people from the Indian side have been involved as terrorists or supporting terrorists.

NikSha

I dont know, it doesnot seem all that difficult to enlist men from Kashmir(PoK) for terrorism. They must be fed a life long diet of propoganda.

And many Kashmiri people from the Indian side have been involved as terrorists or supporting terrorists.
He is talking about Indian Kashmir.

johnee

Most kashmiri terrorists of late have pakjabi origins. :D

p2prada

Just a correction, there were never kashmiri terrorists, it was always Pakistani terrorists. Kashmiris are most laid back people who just want be left alone, it was Pakistan which has dragged them into this muck by sending in terrorists from across the border and masquerading them as kashmiri terrorists.
Lets not be hasty in coming with such conclusions. There have been terrorists from both sides of the borders fighting IA. Majority are from Pak though.

A huge number of people take up terrorism in Pak and POK simply because they do not have any jobs. Majority of them are involved because they have families back home without the basic roti, kapda aur makaan(food, clothes, shelter). All the ideology and hatred is fed after the youngsters join the groups. The choice is to either live in poverty or take up terrorism.

If given a chance for education and better jobs, they will definitely give up their arms.

You can only blame the Pak govt for not providing basic amenities and also the religious leaders in Pak and POK for inciting the hatred. Let's not forget the PA and ISI, the biggest villains of them all.

NikSha

Well, at least we know that after spending so much developing our Kashmir, there won't be any chance of them youngsters turning into terrorists or separatists and.. wait a min..

kautilya

You can only blame the Pak govt for not providing basic amenities and also the religious leaders in Pak and POK for inciting the hatred. Let's not forget the PA and ISI, the biggest villains of them all.
The Pak Govt both under Ms. Bhutto and Mr. Sharif authorized and supported the continuation of the Kashmir insurgency. Pakistani hands are bloody all around. Crooks, the lot of them.

p2prada

Well, at least we know that after spending so much developing our Kashmir, there won't be any chance of them youngsters turning into terrorists or separatists and.. wait a min..
You mean the Indian side. Yes, Kashmir has gone through long stages of development. But, it has neither been stable nor has it reached everybody.

Kashmir thrives mainly on tourism. How many tourists actually visit Kashmir. I bet the no. of international tourists to Kashmir is 0 and domestic tourists are getting bombed in their own buses. If Kashmir was peaceful, it would have been doing better than our next tourist hotspot, Kerala.

If you read through the history of the terrorists from Indian side, they are the ones who have not seen any kind of development. Majority of the ones are from the mountains than from the valley. These are the people who are constantly harassed by both the terrorists and the IA.

Secondly, even after all the development can you please tell me the number of schools(CBSE, ICSE) and colleges present in Kashmir(not just in Srinagar)?
Can you name any major foreign MNC in Kashmir?
Can you give me names of industries with local people in it?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
You mean the Indian side. Yes, Kashmir has gone through long stages of development. But, it has neither been stable nor has it reached everybody.

Kashmir thrives mainly on tourism. How many tourists actually visit Kashmir. I bet the no. of international tourists to Kashmir is 0 and domestic tourists are getting bombed in their own buses. If Kashmir was peaceful, it would have been doing better than our next tourist hotspot, Kerala.

If you read through the history of the terrorists from Indian side, they are the ones who have not seen any kind of development. Majority of the ones are from the mountains than from the valley. These are the people who are constantly harassed by both the terrorists and the IA.

Secondly, even after all the development can you please tell me the number of schools(CBSE, ICSE) and colleges present in Kashmir(not just in Srinagar)?
Kashmir's per capita is much higher than many of the major states in India. They have very good earning potential in the form of horticulture, apples, domestic tourism. The only region that is not doing good is the valley (but still OK) , otherwise Ladakh and Jammu are doing very good.

The moment terrorism troubles subside the potential for tourism is very high and will get them a lot of money into the state.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

mate as per omar abdullaha, till the time the recent controvercy happened in j&k there were something like 3,800 tourists entering the state per day. of all the regions srinagar contributes highest in turn over for the MNCs from the state (i have been a part of 3 such MNCs, so that is from my personal experiance) and it is much higher than jammu though you are right that no mnc opens a shop there as they certainly operate in that part from jammu.

NikSha

Kashmir thrives mainly on tourism. How many tourists actually visit Kashmir. I bet the no. of international tourists to Kashmir is 0 ..
Where are you getting this figure from exactly? Any source?

Also, what makes you think that there are no CBSE schools there (among others)? Any source that there are none?

Sorry, I can't take that post seriously, these claims sound like the ones promoted by separatists. You mean to tell me that the "special state" of our country getting crores of rupees every year, more than any other backward state in India doesn't even have a CBSE school? (unless they are more interested in Madrassas). As for MNC, how is that governments fault? Did the state government allow them in or were they kicked out blaming how they were going to take land and establish a Hindu kingdom in-place? If we are going to assume things, I am going to assume that Kashmir has it all and it's because of Kashmiris that they are back to the backwardness they thrive in every year.

That's why I said, all that money gone into the state was like throwing it in the drain, back to where we started.

p2prada

mate as per omar abdullaha, till the time the recent controvercy happened in j&k there were something like 3,800 tourists entering the state per day. of all the regions srinagar contributes highest in turn over for the MNCs from the state (i have been a part of 3 such MNCs, so that is from my personal experiance) and it is much higher than jammu though you are right that no mnc opens a shop there as they certainly operate in that part from jammu.
Sir, 3800 tourists is only a trickle especially for J&K with a population of 10million. My residential area probably sees that many in a single day. And I bet those figures are restricted to Jammu and Ladhak. There were 8.5million foreign tourists in Kerala in 2006. I wonder how many visited Kashmir.

Also, Article 370 puts a lot of restrictions for Indians from other states. For eg: A Kashmiri girl cannot wed an Indian from other states. Also, an Indian cannot buy land in Kashmir.

So, MNCs cannot set up long haul operations. Only the govt can.

Also, may I know if you worked for foreign MNCs or Indian based MNCs? Because that would tell us the kind of progress Kashmir has seen compared to Punjab, Maharashtra or the Southern states.

p2prada

Where are you getting this figure from exactly? Any source?

Also, what makes you think that there are no CBSE schools there (among others)? Any source that there are none?
You did not get my point? My point was how many good schools based on the population and how good is the infrastructure. Are there international residential schools? Do, the Kashmiri student population participate in national and international events? What is the literacy level in the state? etc etc etc

Note: Kashmir's literacy rate is less than 55%.

As for MNC, how is that governments fault?
Foreign companies and Indian companies are not allowed to buy land in Kashmir. It's all upto the Kashmiri govt. India can only handle foreign affairs, defence and communications.

Did the state government allow them in or were they kicked out blaming how they were going to take land and establish a Hindu kingdom in-place? If we are going to assume things, I am going to assume that Kashmir has it all and it's because of Kashmiris that they are back to the backwardness they thrive in every year.

That's why I said, all that money gone into the state was like throwing it in the drain, back to where we started.
If you get a chance to go out some time. Please do visit Kashmir. Perhaps you can help re-vitalize their economy. But, please don't blame me if you end up on the wrong end of the gun. This is the fear you will have to live with in Kashmir. Or atleast the travel advisory states so.

Many countries still have travel advisory against travel to Kashmir.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Sir, 3800 tourists is only a trickle especially for J&K with a population of 10million. My residential area probably sees that many in a single day. And I bet those figures are restricted to Jammu and Ladhak. There were 8.5million foreign tourists in Kerala in 2006. I wonder how many visited Kashmir.

Also, Article 370 puts a lot of restrictions for Indians from other states. For eg: A Kashmiri girl cannot wed an Indian from other states. Also, an Indian cannot buy land in Kashmir.

So, MNCs cannot set up long haul operations. Only the govt can.

Also, may I know if you worked for foreign MNCs or Indian based MNCs? Because that would tell us the kind of progress Kashmir has seen compared to Punjab, Maharashtra or the Southern states.
mate he said 3,800/day but no idea about the yearly fig but then this fig would trickle down as this is the summer season which sees the highest number of tourists flocking to that state and if i am not wrong then a big chunk of these tourists go to srinagar. all have been overseas corporations, and there has to be one thing kept in mind about these overseas companies and that is they rarely buy land in any other country other that the host country where they have their hq and it holds true even for india. this is true for even the factories that they set up here which are set up on land leased by the state. the revenue generation between j&k and other states can not be compared as companies freely operate in those states but here they do only in jammu and not beyond, where they work through their distributors in jammu who further have sub distributors appointed in the valley but still with in the state srinagar gives better t/os than jammu and the growth in t/o is better than jammu.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I am sorry, I didnt think in tthe CAR point of view. Yes you people are right. PoK must be taken. But what I fear is the Chinese might get more aggressive as it is their only secure trade route.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Er..I highly doubt it. There are many examples I know.

p2prada

mate he said 3,800/day but no idea about the yearly fig but then this fig would trickle down as this is the summer season which sees the highest number of tourists flocking to that state and if i am not wrong then a big chunk of these tourists go to srinagar. all have been overseas corporations, and there has to be one thing kept in mind about these overseas companies and that is they rarely buy land in any other country other that the host country where they have their hq and it holds true even for india. this is true for even the factories that they set up here which are set up on land leased by the state. the revenue generation between j&k and other states can not be compared as companies freely operate in those states but here they do only in jammu and not beyond, where they work through their distributors in jammu who further have sub distributors appointed in the valley but still with in the state srinagar gives better t/os than jammu and the growth in t/o is better than jammu.
Thank you for the information sir. Off course, outside Ladhak and Jammu, only Srinagar sees the most number of tourists. This indicates that development has not reached everybody.

Perhaps, Niksha got his answer.

p2prada

Er..I highly doubt it. There are many examples I know.
Do the girls leave the state after marriage or do the Husbands stay in Kashmir after marriage? Because the latter is not allowed.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Do the girls leave the state after marriage or do the Husbands stay in Kashmir after marriage? Because the latter is not allowed.
You first said marriage is not allowed. Now you are saying staying of husband is not allowed. Why it is not allowed?. I know buying of lands and properties are not allowed but not allowing persons to stay is strange. Do you have any link for your statement?.

p2prada

You first said marriage is not allowed. Now you are saying staying of husband is not allowed. Why it is not allowed?. I know buying of lands and properties are not allowed but not allowing persons to stay is strange. Do you have any link for your statement?.
Oh My bad. I wrongly interpreted the article. Just checked it out.

Marriage is fine.:)

But, a Kashmiri girl who marries an Indian from another state cannot deal in property.

It deals only in ownership and transfer of land.

My bad. Sry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles