Kashmir dispute should be resolved in 'just and fair' -Abdul Basit

rajkumar singh

Country flag
Pakistan High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit said the Kashmir dispute should be resolved in a 'just and fair' manner through dialogue.

Basit made the remarks on Sunday while speaking to the media at Hyderabad Press Club.

He said that relations between Pakistan and India should not be held hostage due to Kashmir.

"India-Pakistan relations are very important and also very complex at the same time," he said.

He regretted cancellation of talks between the two countries and expressed hope that efforts to 'break the ice' would yield results.

"As a diplomat, I am trying to strengthen the ties and I hope during my tenure in India things will move ahead," the Hindu reported Basit as saying.

The high commissioner said he wanted Pakistan and India to come together to tackle serious issues like terrorism, human trafficking, organised crime, and climate change.

Read more at-

News stories for Dawn.com - DAWN.COM

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
There is no dispute.

As a FACT the so called country called "Pakistan" is a disputed territory and should be handed over to India back.

The Pakis should either jump in Arabian Sea or join their Arabian Daddies in Arabian Land.

desicanuk

People who wrote the book on "Unjust and unfair" are talking about just and fair!How ironic! Just and fair in Paki lexicon means surrendering all of J & K to Islamabad.This aint going to happen Mr Abdul Basit.

sgarg

Pakistan fought two and half wars with India to wrest Kashmir. So much for a country that harps on UN referendum.

Once a military conflict is started, it will be decided by military. One side has to eventually win militarily. There is no other option.

pkroyal

Pakistan High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit said the Kashmir dispute should be resolved in a 'just and fair' manner through dialogue.

Basit made the remarks on Sunday while speaking to the media at Hyderabad Press Club.

He said that relations between Pakistan and India should not be held hostage due to Kashmir.

"India-Pakistan relations are very important and also very complex at the same time," he said.

He regretted cancellation of talks between the two countries and expressed hope that efforts to 'break the ice' would yield results.

"As a diplomat, I am trying to strengthen the ties and I hope during my tenure in India things will move ahead," the Hindu reported Basit as saying.

The high commissioner said he wanted Pakistan and India to come together to tackle serious issues like terrorism, human trafficking, organised crime, and climate change.

Read more at-

News stories for Dawn.com - DAWN.COM

Basit decides on " just & fair" resolution of Kashmir issue ?

Who cares for this moron, he is an embarrassment even to his own establishment in Pakistan

Kashmir issue will be decided by India alone, it is a part of India period

Jokers like Basit will come & go, Kashmir is an internal Indian issue to be resolved within the frame work of India's Constitution

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They are just frustrated that we are not talking to them about these issues anymore. They are left behind, this infuriates them.

sorcerer

Country flag
"As a diplomat, I am trying to strengthen the ties and I hope during my tenure in India things will move ahead," the Hindu reported Basit as saying
A wet dream for Basit.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles