Kashmir conflict-India should act now?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Does Kashmir belong to India?
Does Kashmir belong to Pakistan?

……………..Kashmir conflict remained a burning issue in the sub-continent since Independence and no solution has come out…nor any such possibility in near future. India claims the entire former Dogra princely state of Jammu and Kashmir and presently administers approximately 43% of the region including most of Jammu, Kashmir Valley, Ladakh and the Siachen Glacier. India's claim is contested by Pakistan which controls approximately 37% of Kashmir, mainly Azad Kashmir and the northern areas of Gilgit and Baltistan. In addition, China controls 20% of Kashmir including Aksai Chin which it occupied following the brief Sino-Indian War of 1962 and the Trans-Karakoram Tract, also known as the Shaksam Valley, that was ceded to it by Pakistan in 1963.
What will be the proper solution for Kashmir issue in your opinion? For years we are being told Kashmir is an inseparable part of India only to be surprised knowing our Government does not have control over more than 50% of this region. What map of our country we kept on drawing in Geography classes is severely dented by Pakistan and China. What is Indian Government doing? It failed to recover the region occupied by Pakistan and China but keeps on muttering “Kashmir is an inseparable …….”. Is sixty years not enough to come to a conclusion?
Before posting on this thread we should go through the history of the conflict once again……….
99% of the population was Muslim in the area prhesently occupied by Pakistan, around 70% was Muslim in Kashmir valley , majority of the population in Ladakh and Jammu is Hindu and Buddhist.
In 1947 people in Poonch,Mirpur and Muzaffarabad revolted against the Maharaja of Kashmir and Pro-Pakistan chieftains of these area declared independence from the princely state and announce the provisional “Azad” Jammu and Kashmir government in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Pashtuns from Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province , backed by Pakistan Army tried to occupy Kashmir valley forcing the Maharaja (who was still hesitating whether to join India or not) to seek Indian help by signing the Instrument of Accession. Indian troops entered Kashmir and drove away the intruders from Kashmir except a narrow strip still occupied by Pakistan.
In 1962 after a brief armed confrontation China captured sparsely populated Aksai-Chin region blatantly violating the agreement made between Tibet and British Gvt in India.

Secular India does not support ‘Two Nation Theory” propagated by the founders of Pakistan and can not hand over Kashmir valley to Pakistan just because majority of population is Muslim. Ladakh and Jammu is out of question.
Should India use its military muscles to reoccupy the land it believes belong to India?
Should India leave it upon the Kashmiries to decide through vote.(You can be sure India will have no problem in Ladakh and Jammu but result in kashmir valley will remain unpredictable. On the other hand People in POK clearly vote against India.)
What would be Indian policy for Aksai-Chin occupied by mighty China?

You say..............

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Anyone please provide information about northen area of kashmir........how it belonged to Pakistan?

natarajan

it does't belong to them,who said to you
when pakistan invaded independent kashmir under hari singh,he asked indian help and signed to join with india but when india sent army after this annexation ,pakist has occupied till srinagar and we started to regain territory slowly and till kargil but our nehru went to un and stopped the war and loc came into use(line of actual control) nehru is one of the main reason for this whole problem as our army might have recovered whole kashmir,to avoid conflict it is de facto border not agreed one

natarajan

do anyone notice india shared border with afghanistan but because of pakistan occupation we lost it ,pakistan will be keen as india can come closer to afghan

Sabir

DFI TEAM
true ...he allowed Pakistan to control 37% of Kashmir instead of driving them out what ?Our Army could have done. Kashmir gets much focus...what's the situation in Northen areas?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Does our government support any possibility of a poll to decide the fate of Kashmir....If yes,....When?......If no,.....When it will recover its region from Pakistan and China..
Since the days of Neheru the situation has not moved a bit....

peacecracker

giving up kashmir is suicidal due to many reasons including strategic resources(rivers..).Then ,The Kashmiri population will be fully indoctrinated(although damage is quiet done!) with hate for Indians(irrespective of religion) and India which is developing while Western and Eastern Pakistan gives importance for Madrassa Education and Mujahideen instead of English Education(System) .
India was and is giving ultimate importance to kashmir ,alloting tax payers money in developing Kashmir ,but failing many times due to radical kashmiri youth who are brainwashed soo much that ,they cannot look things without the colored eyes of Religion.For them ,they are taught Infidel majority country is suicidal -atleast ,that is what Islamist Infiltrators taught and teaching them.

Later ,they will be triggering the cancer in muslim majority regions of India including malabar(kerala),Hyderabad,Parts of UP and Bengal etc.It already is happening due to the influence and fundings from Saudia's Funding.When Particular Religion followers are exposed into Violent Interpretations to destroy India and Indians ,It acts like Cult Mentality- Cannot overcome Brainwashing.

So ,it is the Premier Duty of India to re-annexe lost parts of Kashmir.These Kashmiri muslims,from 1990s are taught the Hateful Version against their own brethren ,albeit members of infidel religions.India must discover ways to let the minority religion members not gone for Jihadis.Giving Up Kashmir is the First Step of Growing our Enemy.India's Interest is first on development and be a Developed country which Our Countrymen are doing.Kashmir also is part of our growth ,unfortunately hindered by Islamist kashmiris.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
If politicians were little more careful situation in Kashmir would have become much better......good infrastructure, employment opportunity, education....India could have won the heart of Kashmiris much before present violence that crept in around end 80s. Kashmiri youths having more employment opportunity and education would be reluctant to join jihadis.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Does our government support any possibility of a poll to decide the fate of Kashmir....If yes,....When?......If no,.....When it will recover its region from Pakistan and China..
Since the days of Neheru the situation has not moved a bit....
Our government doesn't support any plebiscite in Kashmir. It is not possible to recover parts of Kashmir from Pakistan and China without risking a war. There is no solution right now apart from accepting status quo or risking a war to get back those lands into Indian fold.

yuebaili

Our government doesn't support any plebiscite in Kashmir. It is not possible to recover parts of Kashmir from Pakistan and China without risking a war. There is no solution right now apart from accepting status quo or risking a war to get back those lands into Indian fold.
I don´t understand. If India is a democratic country, how come India cannot accept a plebiscit in Kashmir. I am getting the impression Indians do not understand the meaning of democracy. I know most Indians ( and Pakistanis too) have very little education. But at least he forumites here should understand that not accepting the wish of the majority of Kashmiri people is against the principles of democracy.

Flint

Democracy in India means the right to choose your representative, within the framework of the constitution of India.
There is no provision that allows any part of India to secede from the union.

I don´t understand. If India is a democratic country, how come India cannot accept a plebiscit in Kashmir. I am getting the impression Indians do not understand the meaning of democracy. I know most Indians ( and Pakistanis too) have very little education. But at least he forumites here should understand that not accepting the wish of the majority of Kashmiri people is against the principles of democracy.

Reactions: G10

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Democracy in India means the right to choose your representative, within the framework of the constitution of India.
Happy Independence day to my countrymen. I'm very proud of my country. :india: We are free people of free country.

yuebaili

If the framework of the constitution of India does not allow freedom of speech, then India is no better than China. The Chinese also say that demanding independence (e.g Xinjiang, Tibet) is against the law. Grow up!
Freedom of speech means no taboo.

Flint

Well, that's your opinion. Feel free to express it.

However, I'd suggest you grow up and stop questioning the Indian Constitution.

If the framework of the constitution of India does not allow freedom of speech, then India is no better than China. The Chinese also say that demanding independence (e.g Xinjiang, Tibet) is against the law. Grow up!
Freedom of speech means no taboo.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Read your own post carefully, and you will find the magic word. Its democracy at its best.

Also, I would not want a lecture on democracy from a citizen of a country which declared itself neutral, but supplied steel and machine parts to Germany and basically sided with Hitler (to save its own a$$) during WWII.

Another example of the great Swedish democracy.
Wiki said:
Cold War

Sweden publicly claimed to be a neutral country and the image was forcefully maintained, but unofficially Sweden's leadership had strong ties with the United States. In the early 1960s Sweden and the United States agreed to deploy nuclear submarines off the Swedish west coast. In the same year Sweden made a defense pact with the United States. Knowledge of this alliance was kept secret from the Swedish public until 1994.
People didn't even know who their govt was sided with during the cold war, nothing better than the CCP.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
What is your qualification mate?

Have you ever been to Kashmir?

I don't know what type of democracy is the country you live but you are very found of the same, i bet.

Before someone start to exfoliating your country's perfect practice of democracy; please go through history of 'UNION OF INDIA'.

UNION OF INDIA is just not a name but a power of more then 1,147,995,904 People with a desire and physical resources to overwhelm any effort of separatism in detail.

Nations are not built on the desires of bunch of thugs and criminals, and those who think they can separate Kashmir from India should read the constitution of India. The destiny of Indians from Kashmir to kerala and Gujarat to Arunachalpardesh has been already inked on that. Those who think and (be) encourage to challenge integrity of India on the basis of any issue i repeat any issue, are inviting the the rage of Mighty UNION OF INDIA.it is their call to understand this simple fact or face the consequences.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Read your own post carefully, and you will find the magic word. Its democracy at its best.

Also, I would not want a lecture on democracy from a citizen of a country which declared itself neutral, but supplied steel and machine parts to Germany and basically sided with Hitler (to save its own a$$) during WWII.

Another example of the great Swedish democracy.

People didn't even know who their govt was sided with during the cold war, nothing better than the CCP.
Dammmm....!!!! Kommunist you have already stared the postmortem of swedish democracy at its best..:D:D:D

MMuthu

My dear friend do you know how many languages spoken in India?

Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everyone wants to have seperate nation.... Sometime when I travel to other parts of the country, I also wish that for a second, but the next second the thought disappears.

Our strength lies in this.... Unity in Diversity.

I am a Tamil, I share nothing common in between me and a Gujarathi or a Marathi.... but when it comes to patriotism or unity or if we face a threat, we are one and inseperable.

Kashmir is a integral part of India.... you like it or not... Kashmir is no different from other states like Madhya Pradesh or Andra Pradesh.

Are we fools to give that to Kashmir for nothing. I hope that you are a Pakistani in Swdish flag... What ever it may be... India is no way going to make concessions in its land for the next 100 years.

yuebaili

Well, that's your opinion. Feel free to express it.

However, I'd suggest you grow up and stop questioning the Indian Constitution.
Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion!
But what is wrong with questioning the Indian or any other countries constitution? Why shouldn´t an obsolete or unfair constitution be changed? E.g. I am not the only Swede who wishes to abolish the Swedish monarchy. For that we need to change our constitution. This can be done legally. I hope it is the same in India. The problem is the Swedish majority still support our monarchy. So there is a lot of job to to in order to change public opinion.

Global Defence

Articles