Kasab not given fair trial: Amicus curiae(Raju Ramachandran) to SC !!!

bhramos

Country flag
NEW DELHI: The sole convict in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case, Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, today contended before the Supreme Court that he was not given a free and fair trial in the case.

Senior advocate Raju Ramachandran, who has been appointed as amicus curiae by the apex court to defend Kasab, told a bench headed by Justice Aftab Alam that he was not a part of the larger conspiracy for waging war against nation.

"Even if I am guilty under section 302 (punishment for murder) of the IPC and other provisions, it cannot be said that I was a part of the larger conspiracy of waging war," said Ramachandran.

Maintaining that the prosecution has failed to prove the case against him beyond doubts, he told the bench that his right against self-incrimination as well as his right to get himself adequately represented by a counsel to defend himself in the case have been violated during the trial.

The apex court had on October 10, last year stayed the death sentence of 24-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman involved in the 2008 Mumbai attack.

In the special leave petition filed by Kasab, challenging the Bombay High Court judgement, he claimed he was brainwashed like a "robot" into committing the heinous crime in the name of "God" and that he does not deserve capital punishment owing to his young age.

Kasab has been lodged in Arthur Road prison in Mumbai and had moved the SLP through jail authorities. He had challenged his conviction and death sentence in the terror attack case.

Kasab along with nine other Pakistani terrorists had landed at Budhwar Park in south Mumbai on November 26, 2008 night from Karachi by sea and had gone on a shooting spree at various city landmarks, leaving 166 people dead and many more wounded.

While Kasab was captured, the other terrorists in the group were killed during the attack. He was sentenced to death by a special anti-terror court on May 6 last year.

The Bombay high court had in its February 21, 2011, verdict upheld the trial court order of death sentence to Kasab for the "brutal and diabolical" attacks aimed at "destabilising" the government.

Kasab's death penalty was upheld on charges of criminal conspiracy, waging war against the nation and various other provisions of the Indian Penal Code and the anti-terror law -- Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

The high court had upheld Kasab's conviction on 19 counts under the IPC, Arms Act, Explosives Act, Explosive Substances Act, the Foreigners Act, the Passport Act and the Railway Act.

Kasab not given fair trial: Amicus curiae to SC - The Times of India
So, does this mean that he would be released very soon?
Whats the use of Trial when a person is caught red handed and CCTV proof?
No terrorist should be captured alive during encounters. There is no point in keeping them alive and spend lots of money in their care taking.

Tronic

I won't be surprised if UPA gives him a Delhi ticket to contest elections. Be ready for it, folks. Secularists are doing what they are known for. :D
This news has nothing to do with political parties or even secularists for that matter.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I read somewhere that Kasab is behaving (or acting) senile in his solitary confinement by violently shaking his heads and hands as if listening to a death metal band frequently.

My guess is that he will be declared mentally unstable to be hung and released.

All hail Indian democracy..the only country in the history of modern nation states that may actually pardon a foreign killer caught red handed in committing a heinous terrorist act which resulted in the death of 166 innocent civilians.

Sometimes I hope Mossad assassinates this guy for killing six Israelis. It would be a bad name for India, but atleast he will be dead.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not looked after?

Not a fair trail?

Well, maybe he will not even have a fair noose, it not being manufactured in the US of A!

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I like this drama very much! I like it for the fact the longer the delay hanging this motherless baskit, the longer he would be hoping for life and when the sweet sentence of death comes, it would hit that much harder, just like what happened with Dhananjay. That creep at the end was parying for death to end his misery of uncertainity.

But I would say that Kasab should be stopped given VVNCP treatment, and wasting millions after him.

SpArK

SORCERER
Sad for Kasab..

Also heard the rice for his daily biriyani wasnt cooked properly last week and when he demanded vanilla ice cream as dessert , the jail authorities gave him Pista. Pity how they treat a state celebrity.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This guy was appointed by SC to defend Kasab. Whats else you expect him to say?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Send Kasab to me, I will give him a free and 'fair' trial that too - free of cost with pleasure of highest order!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Seriously in this country more than jails we need mental hospitals.

Nirvana

Don't worry guys , our Court ,Police and Govt is doing a Good job

Kasab will soon die of "High Cholesterol" due to his daily intake of Biryani
This is Bigger Plot :cool2:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No we should have asked him to stay in a five star hotel like Taj-whoops he destroyed it... OK then he should have been served his daily needs by atleast hundred people-whoops he killed 166 with his fellow Jihadists... hmm... OK lets give him a Bharat Ratna for reducing our population burden by 166... Then lets make him our Prime Minister....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles