Kartarpur Corridor Opening

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Sikhbrah, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Sikhbrah

Sikhbrah Regular Member

Kartarpur Corridor opening today. Great news for pilgrims to one of our most important shrines.

Please post thoughts and discussions.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  3. Sikhbrah

Sikhbrah Regular Member

Pretty good step by step walkthrough of Kartarpur corridor.

Notice how this lady says proudly “i’m a Hindu married to a Christian, in a Muslim country visiting a gurdwara. Can anything be more secular than that?”

Why is the burden of secularism only on Dharmic people? Can a Paki Muslim girl say proudly that I am married to a Sikh and visiting a mandir?

4. Assassin 2.0

Assassin 2.0 Senior Member Senior Member

NAPAK PAKISTAN..........
    i don't think there is much support to khalistan in india but real support comes from UK. And from ISI money.
    We need to finish napak propaganda by doing good work for sikh community Mos is trying to do soo.
    He even tried to communicate with underground khalistani groups in UK but that didn't go well.

Mikesingh, aditya10r and Haldiram like this.
  5. Absolut_Vodka

Absolut_Vodka Lanat-e-paki, Hila-le-Imtiaz awardee

6. 26/11

26/11 Regular Member

7. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

8. 26/11

26/11 Regular Member

What I gather from a friend, majority of Sikhs understand the true purpose of opening corridor and maintaining distance. And they hate paying Jaziya of 20 dollars.

9. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Confusion with the process, online registration, waiting for the confirmation letter from MEA and whether to take a passport or not and probably currency $20 USD etc.

Numbers will improve slowly.

ladder likes this.
  10. hit&run

I initially thought it is a welcome move.

I requested Indians not to jump to quick conclusions. It is long pending demand fulfilled.

Now bit sceptical, I hope this will conclude here and won't draw any more controversies.

Many worrying aspects:

RW overseas Sikh media including BBC Punjabi censoring Modi.

No social media appreciation by Sikhs of GOI and Modi.

Using every possible trick not to talk about Modi and thus overdoing Eulogy of Sidhu and treating Imran Khan as a genuine leader and Modi as an insignificant con man.

Intentionally giving credit to Navjot Sidhu to damage the reputation of Government of India and Punjab by Sikhs.

Imran Khan's gestures carry more credence and approval to decide who is better placed or not.

Alignment of Sikhs with Muslims and Pakistan complete. More and More media material is being created to push this agenda. Pakistanis are now a frequent part of their interviews and programs.

The othering of Hindus is done. They are doing it in any case.

Alignment of Sikhism with Islam and Christianity. Work in progress.

Opening borders and not hating Pakistan, starting trade. Onus on India. Pakistan squeaky clean.

Punjabi Hindus watching it carefully, thinking they are just doing for the project to go through and rightly so.

Public speech by Sidhu 3rd class. 'Pairan ch hi lit gya ghatiya insaan'.

Few Ironies:

Anything Modi is doing is politics as he could have not refused because Pakistan balled a goggly and held him by his balls.

And somehow it is quite good. But then it also implies that we love Pakistan to hold Modi by his balls. For this Place of worship, Modi and Hindus can be sold off and it is alright to embrace Pakistanis on the dead bodies of Hindus.

Same can be said about Pakistan that India quickly responded and got Imran Khan by his balls and he could have not refused either.

No Sikh is good enough to acknowledge that they are the ultimate beneficiaries but rather supporting India they are dancing for Pakistan to an extent they are supporting them on Kashmir and everything that they bark.

Etni bhi mat giro ke mazak ban jao.

Ramifications:

Does this mean Sikhs are now so burdened by the favour that India has to rejig and redesign its security management system, military doctrine vis-à-vis participation and support of Sikhs during any future military conflict with Pakistan?

Is this new alignment being dangerously used to extract better deals from India? I hope these overseas radicals know what they are doing.

ashdoc likes this.
  11. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Veteran Member Senior Member

Let them go thru the motions, otherwise how will we find chinks in our armour and then repair them.

Hardly 150 pilgrims have gone thru the corridor in last two days.

12. hit&run

Come on.

I actually welcome the move and I do not want to see myself anyway bitching about it.

It is not even about Pakistan because they can not leave their haramzad-gi.

I am only upset with the reaction of the Sikhs on social media and Radio channels overseas and that loser Sidhu.

The social media I am talking about is the reaction in thousands and thousands. So I am not talking about a small sample size.

AsuraKiller203 likes this.
  13. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Veteran Member Senior Member

Yup, I understand your point.
    But ultimately it’s a game of narratives, until we hear out their narrative how will we develop our counter narratives.

If you go back to some of 2014 and pre-2014 posts, we were worried about paki support to naxals. Today we don’t give much importance to that connection. Strategy and counter strategies are part of the game.

14. Deathstar

Deathstar Senior Member Senior Member

It was bound to happen. IK did take a risk by antagonizing his islamist radical jamat by opening Kartarpur for so called Kuffars.

15. hit&run

16. trisonics

trisonics Regular Member

Who in their right mind would want a stamp of visiting Pakistan on their passport? Pakistanis have been jacking each other off so bad after Imran Khan that they have lost any thinking they had. According to TOI the youth do not want any digital trail of them visiting Pakistan as that could hinder their travel to western countries :laugh:

PeeD Enough Forum [name -trade marked to me] was busy counting Dallar in the millions :rofl:

Everytime a Pakistani gets excited, he puts a red hot iron rod in his behind.. It hurts so bad but now he cant even remove it cause he will burn his hand off

17. hit&run

Wrong fact. No stamp on the passport.

18. Sikhbrah

Sikhbrah Regular Member

What else could be done?

Does India have the balls to go invade Kartarpur under the pretext that its holy Sikh land and therefore belongs to Indian Punjab?

Would you prefer Pakistan giving out visas freely to Sikhs to visit their holy sites?

This to me was the best option on the table, an easy way for Sikhs to visit kartarpur without going to Pakistan proper while still under the close scrutiny of border forces.

19. Sikhbrah

Sikhbrah Regular Member

Only stamping will be on your printed ETA, no passport stamps of such. It’s open to all Indian passport holders and OCI, but not to foreign passports.

Assassin 2.0 likes this.
  20. Indrajit

Indrajit Senior Member Senior Member

You are correct but the reference to the news report was accurate. According to that report, there is apprehension of digital record and any potential problems it may cause. After all, you do need a passport to go and you can be sure that None of the people with passports got it to go to Pakistan.... :biggrin2: the risk is not deemed worth it.

sorcerer likes this.
  21. Indrajit

Indrajit Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not sure there would be many takers for a Pakistani visa, from Indians and OCI holders. The trouble of a Pakistani visa stamp is real. For Indians, when they travel elsewhere, for OCI, one can add to it being a problem on their next visit to India.

Anyways, the proof I suppose is the not overwhelming interest in going even now.