KARGIL, 16 Yrs On, Did We learn Anything From It ?

Blackwater

PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil martyrs

NEW DELHI: On Vijay Diwas, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid tributes to the Indian armed forces, and hailed their valour and sacrifices which was demonstrated in the Kargil conflict in 1999.

"I salute the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the beloved nation," he tweeted.

The Kargil Diwas reminds us of the valour and sacrifices of the Indian armed forces, the Prime Minister said.

The Kargil war, which began in May 1999, lasted for more than two months before Pakistani soldiers, a bulk of them drawn from its Northern Light Infantry, and irregulars withdrew from the mountain tops they had occupied overlooking the Srinagar-Leh highway.

In the conflict, the Indian Army lost 490 officers, soldiers and jawans.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...te-to-Kargil-martyrs/articleshow/48222184.cms

Blackwater

i wonder why this general was not court marshal for negligence??

prohumanity

Country flag
The most important lesson to learn from Kargil ...is that ..never ever trust Pakis. Their military rulers are poisonous snakes....you feed them milk but they will bite your hand.
Mr. Vajpayee trusted them and crooked musarraf (secretly supported by US rulers) betrayed him and sneaked the Pakis inKargil.. BUT, what our great armed forces were doing...? Were they sleeping in tents ?

captscooby81

Country flag
Now we are almost into 18th year of Kargil War Memory ...Man i still can t forget watching those bravest of the brave souls faces which was flashing everywhere from TV to paper ..I think exactly by this date in 1999 we started getting our casualties and the govt started realising that it is in more deep shit than just intruders it thought will kick them out from those heights ..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles