Kalki-The Tenth Avatar of Vishnu

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

But the Arabs or the region that is called the Middle East was in contact with India since the times of the IVC. If they wanted to copy and spread, they could have done it earlier. Or you simply do not want to give credit to the Arabs for anything they came up with.
Contribution of Baghdadi Arabs has been immense. They were Arabs, but due to close proximity with Persia, they were quite enlightened. Same with the Arabs in the city of al-Hijr, strongly influenced by the Romans.

Decklander

Quite well brought out but not the complete truth. There are many inconsistency in the satement.
The ancient Indian astronomical knowledge including the mathemetics involved was quite advanced as prpounded by Aryabhatta and later on by Barhamihira but then Indians lost track of it.

Nautical almanac is not a copy of Indian Panchang. Indian panchang is rather derived from the moder emphimeries by subtracting what is called ayanamsa. Indians have two traditions of Almanac making called Vakya Panchng and Drik Panchang. And there is no consensus on what should be the correct ayanamsa (Ayan + Amsa). The satndandard panchang used in Jammu is Devi Dayal panchang which is a bit diffrent from the standard Lahiri Panchang..

Indian traditions take the true value of the planet rather than the mean value ( for example for Rahu and Ketu).... We had a very advanced system of making alamanc but lost it in between due to Muslim invasion though Barhmin astrological traditions ratained some of the system. But all (including Lahari and Calender reforms commitee) rely on the ephimeries (almanec) as published by the British including the calculations for the Table of Houses.

You need to progress further in your studies.

Use the free Jaganath Hora programme which gives multiple choices for calculation.

The most advanced software for almanec is the Swiss Ephimeries which is also a open source and free software.
I am very well aware of the p[oints you mentioned. My post was w.r.t to the nautical Almanac which IN uses from Admirality. Offcourse it is not an exact copy but mostly a modification of our Panchang. Those were the days of revealation for me. I have progressed down the road over the years.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Religious studies never excited me. So I will decline the advice. Even if I wanted to, one lifetime will be less to master one religion let alone all to give balanced view on all.
So kindly desist from giving unfounded, unbalanced views. Period.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Kalki sure is a hot property. Muslims claim their Mohammed is Kalki. Bahais too make such claims about their prophet. Now xians to want a piece of pie.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Puranas are written by brahmins to maintain their supremacy and take people away from path of sanatan dharma..
people think puranas are older than 0 BC but they have been manipulated so many times that they might even be written after 1400..
What supremacy they had? And how do the puranas maintain that supremacy?

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Puranas are written by brahmins to maintain their supremacy and take people away from path of sanatan dharma..
people think puranas are older than 0 BC but they have been manipulated so many times that they might even be written after 1400..
Old testament was written by Leveticus tribe to maintain ther supremacy. Koran was by Quresh tribe to maintain their supremacy.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Somewhere else it is said;

38-39. ' O Queen of all, this same manner, you must destroy all our enemies and all the afflictions of three worlds. The Devi said:

40-41. 'When the twenty-eighth age has arrived during the period of Avaisvsvata Manu, two other great asuras, Sumbha and Nisumbha will be born.

42. 'Then born from the womb of Yasoda, in the home of cowherd Nanda, and dwelling on the Vindhya mountains, I will destroy them both.

43. 'And again having incarnated in a very terrible form on the earth, I shall slay the danavas, who are the descendants of Vipracitti.

44. 'When I shall devour the fierce and great asuras descended from Vipracitti, my teeth shall become red like the flower of pomegranate.

45. 'Therefore when devas in heaven and men on the earth praise me, shall always talk of me as the 'Red-toothed.'

46. 'And again when rain shall fail for a period of hundred years, propitiated by the munis I shall be born on the drought-ridden earth, but not womb-begotten.

47. 'Then I shall behold the munis with a hundred eyes and so mankind shall glorify me as the 'hundred-eyed.'

48. 'At that time, O devas, I shall maintain the whole world with life -sustaining vegetables, born out of my own (cosmic) body, till rains set in.

49. 'I shall be famed on the earth then as Sakambhari. At that very period I shall slay the great asura named Durgama.

50-53. 'Thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Durgadevi and again, assuming a terrible form on the mountain Himalaya, I shall destroy the raksasas for the protection of the munis. Then all the munis, bowing their bodies reverently, shall praise me, and thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Bhimadevi. When the (asura) named Aruna shall work great havoc in the three worlds, having taken a (collective) bee-form, consisting of innumerable bees, I shall slay the great asura for the good of the world.

54-55. 'And then people shall laud me every where as Bhramari. Thus whenever trouble arises due to the advent of the danavas, I shall incarnate and destroy the foes.' Here ends the eleventh chapter called 'Hymn to Narayani' of Devi-mahatmyam in Markandeyapurana, during the period of Savarni, the Manu.

Bhramariti vikhyatam....

Decklander

Infinite energy, zero mass, is the same as nothingness.

E = mc[SUP]2[/SUP]

Black hole cannot look like anything. Black hole attracts all photon particles, and therefore, nothing escapes from its gravity. No photos particles means one cannot see it. To claim that it looks like an egg is absurd. I respectfully disagree.

+1

The concept of time is closely related with the rotation and revolution of the earth. Translated further outwards into the universe, the circling of celestal bodies around a centre is the measure of time. If all the bodies ceased to move, or if all the bodies were sucked into a mega black hole, and reduced to zero mass, there would be no time, and hence, there would be no 'after' and 'before.'
When I stated it looks like an egg, I meant that just like in an egg you have yolk as a center, in a blackhole you have similar center and around it is a the mass which it eats up.
File:BlackHole.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.askamathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/black-hole-star-accretion.jpg
http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/glossary/black_hole.html

Decklander

Somewhere else it is said;

38-39. ' O Queen of all, this same manner, you must destroy all our enemies and all the afflictions of three worlds. The Devi said:

40-41. 'When the twenty-eighth age has arrived during the period of Avaisvsvata Manu, two other great asuras, Sumbha and Nisumbha will be born.

42. 'Then born from the womb of Yasoda, in the home of cowherd Nanda, and dwelling on the Vindhya mountains, I will destroy them both.

43. 'And again having incarnated in a very terrible form on the earth, I shall slay the danavas, who are the descendants of Vipracitti.

44. 'When I shall devour the fierce and great asuras descended from Vipracitti, my teeth shall become red like the flower of pomegranate.

45. 'Therefore when devas in heaven and men on the earth praise me, shall always talk of me as the 'Red-toothed.'

46. 'And again when rain shall fail for a period of hundred years, propitiated by the munis I shall be born on the drought-ridden earth, but not womb-begotten.

47. 'Then I shall behold the munis with a hundred eyes and so mankind shall glorify me as the 'hundred-eyed.'

48. 'At that time, O devas, I shall maintain the whole world with life -sustaining vegetables, born out of my own (cosmic) body, till rains set in.

49. 'I shall be famed on the earth then as Sakambhari. At that very period I shall slay the great asura named Durgama.

50-53. 'Thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Durgadevi and again, assuming a terrible form on the mountain Himalaya, I shall destroy the raksasas for the protection of the munis. Then all the munis, bowing their bodies reverently, shall praise me, and thereby I shall have the celebrated name of Bhimadevi. When the (asura) named Aruna shall work great havoc in the three worlds, having taken a (collective) bee-form, consisting of innumerable bees, I shall slay the great asura for the good of the world.

54-55. 'And then people shall laud me every where as Bhramari. Thus whenever trouble arises due to the advent of the danavas, I shall incarnate and destroy the foes.' Here ends the eleventh chapter called 'Hymn to Narayani' of Devi-mahatmyam in Markandeyapurana, during the period of Savarni, the Manu.

Bhramariti vikhyatam....

That is what was trying to explain that we have mahayuga, manavantar, Manu, Yuga and yugas within Yuga. each Manu sees the rotation of these four upayugas 28 times before there is destruction by deluge/fire. So This kaliyuga is an upayuga within the present manu of this manavantar.

BangersAndMash

Un-pook-ing-believable, people still believe in this bollocks in this day and age!

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Infinite energy, zero mass, is the same as nothingness.

E = mc[SUP]2[/SUP]

Black hole cannot look like anything. Black hole attracts all photon particles, and therefore, nothing escapes from its gravity. No photos particles means one cannot see it. To claim that it looks like an egg is absurd. I respectfully disagree.

+1

The concept of time is closely related with the rotation and revolution of the earth. Translated further outwards into the universe, the circling of celestal bodies around a centre is the measure of time. If all the bodies ceased to move, or if all the bodies were sucked into a mega black hole, and reduced to zero mass, there would be no time, and hence, there would be no 'after' and 'before.'
That equation tells that energy and mass are interchangeable. Anyway, energy by itself is NOT nothing, it IS something. Even a black hole does have a certain mass. If one super black hole with all the mass of the universe in it, it will have mass.

Creation out of nothing is just not possible.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Why?

Because physics says so, right?

All our physical laws are useless at t<0 (that is before the universe came into existence).

Not saying Big Bang theory is above criticism but absolute statements like 'not possible at all' or 'can not happen' is not the correct way to go I think.

bharata

Krishna 3000 bc? buddha 500 bc? kalki __ ad?
:spy::help::confused2: cool emoticons

Decklander

That equation tells that energy and mass are interchangeable. Anyway, energy by itself is NOT nothing, it IS something. Even a black hole does have a certain mass. If one super black hole with all the mass of the universe in it, it will have mass.

That is what the meaning of nothing before and nothing after is. remember Hinduism talks of Hiranyagarbha, a galactic golden egg. When it bursts, universe is created and than slowly all the matter goes back into it and the universe again becomes a golden egg called Hiranyagarbha. So it is wrong to say that there was nothing. There was nothing called universe but the mass of entire universe was contained in one single egg means blackhole.

ashicjose

You mixed Biblical age with the age of the earth. From Adam to Jesus its about 4000 years and 2000 years from Jesus to now. 6000 years.

And

The Bible and The Quran does describe the creation of the universe in "six days," but then in other passages indicates that a "day" to us is different than a "day" in God's reckoning of time. (How is a "day" counted anyway, before the sun and earth even existed as they do now?) Basically there is a description of different "phases" that creation went through. Nobody knows the precise period of time and most Muslims accept modern scientific theories about the age of the Earth.
Psalm 90

2 Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the whole world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
3 You turn people back to dust,
saying, "Return to dust, you mortals."
4 A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

ashicjose

Regardless of ones beliefs, evolution remains a theory. Theory can be right or wrong. No definitive answers. Lots of old theories get quashed and new come around.
Acceptance or rejection of evolution is no litmus to check whether one believes in science or not.

About God, i am not a scholar to answer that.
john 1

1 The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God.

2 Before anything began to be, the Word was there with God.

3 God made everything by the Word. Nothing has been made without him.

Decklander

john 1

1 The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God.

2 Before anything began to be, the Word was there with God.

3 God made everything by the Word. Nothing has been made without him.
That is directly picked up from Hindu Puranas. I can quote poems and statements of Egyptitions & Arabs before Jesus came, praising Indians for their knowledge and having acquired the knowledge from University of Taxila about universe and science.

ashicjose

That is directly picked up from Hindu Puranas. I can quote poems and statements of Egyptitions & Arabs before Jesus came, praising Indians for their knowledge and having acquired the knowledge from University of Taxila about universe and science.
This quote is from The Bible and please tell me from where you got the name 2nd and 3rd Antichrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles