Kalki-The Tenth Avatar of Vishnu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decklander

Based on the Solar system's revolution around the Galactic center
A cycle of 4.32 million years known as one Maha Yuga. The cycle begins with a Satya Yuga of 1728000 years and ends with a Kali Yuga of 432000years. The 24000 year cycle is a smaller cycle within this bigger one. In this bigger cycle human civilization begins with a high spiritual age of Satya Yuga slowly descending to a low material age of Kali Yuga. At the end of the Kali Yuga partial destruction of human civilization takes place through widespread earthquakes, cyclones, famines, wars etc. Thereafter a new cycle begins with Satya Yuga. Our Solar system will go through thousand such cycles before its end.

Manvantara or Period of Manu
A cycle of seventy one repetitions of Maha Yuga appx. 306,720,000 years consists of one Manvantara. This is the period of Manu. Manu is a prajapati (ie) progenitor of the human race. He creates a new human race through sexual method. Manu is a mind born child of Brahma. Brahma instructs Manu to create sexually in the beginning of a manvantara. At the end of this period the human race that he creates either gets enlightened or gets extinct. A new human race is created by the next Manu at the beginning of the Satya Yuga of the 72nd Maha Yuga. Such cycles of 71 maha yugas are repeated 14 times in our solar system.

When the manvantara cycle gets repeated 14 times or the Maha Yuga cycle gets repeated appx. 1000 times leading to 4.32 billion years. This period is called a Kalpa.

While the long yuga count is the most popular it does not correlate to any known celestial motion found in the Astronomical Almanac. The value of 24,000 years is within 7% of the modern astronomical calculation of one full precession of the equinox of 25,772 years. This phenomenon is observed as the stars moving retrograde across the sky at about 50 arc seconds per year and is thought to produce periods of warm ages and ice ages known as the Milankovitch cycle, thus the yuga cycle may have some basis in known terrestrial cycles.
So we have a cycle of 24000 yrs in which all these four mahayugas appear as smaller yugas and this cycle goes on till all 14 manus appear and one Mahayug ends. In the life span of each Manu, We are presently in seventh Manu.
Hinduism system of time calculation puts the age of earth as nearly 12 billion yeras which is what the modern science has been able to calculate too.
At the end of each Manus cycle, a destruction by deluge/fire takes place and a new Mahayug starts. Pls try and understand the difference between Mahayuga, Manavantar, Manu and yuga.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
See and understand somewhat simplified version :

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

If god really exists and if he had really created the Universe, then looking at the present state of the world, I would say he is an absentee landlord at best or a big sadist at worst!
I told you that there is no god but Knowledge of self and one's duties which is God.

Decklander

There was shoonya than came the devine word AUM from the Hiranyagrbha. This is what we call big bang and origin of universe. Than was born Kaal (Concept of time). Kaal is also called the son of Lord Vishnu the Creator. Than came the concept of space. This is exactly the way modern science has depicted the creation of Universe. No other religion has detailed the creation of universe in so much of detail and explained the concept of time & Space and creation of Universe & solar system

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Chhora sab Baten and enjoy this if if you can:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
There was shoonya than came the devine word AUM from the Hiranyagrbha. This is what we call big bang and origin of universe. Than was born Kaal (Concept of time). Kaal is also called the son of Lord Vishnu the Creator. Than came the concept of space.
What text mentions this?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What text mentions this?
Vaishnavite thoery of the origin and evolution of universe is dead opposite and against the theory of Big Bang... For the big bang there has to be existance before....

Decklander

What text mentions this?
You can find the names of all texts in this link.
Hiranyagarbha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fortunately or unfortunately word God does not exist in Sanatana Dharma. Ancient scriptures and vedas use the word Bhram and Ishwar, which are little complex to explain. Ada (That) is also used at many places. Bhagwan is used for people, who fulfill set of criterion.

Bhram is pure consciousness and it's closeness (like a magnet) with matter (prakriti) makes changes in matter from subtle to gross. So the relation of consciousness, with matter at various levels have been given different names, which have been discussed below -

HIRNAYAGARBHA is the owner of "closeness Pure Consciousness" (like a magnet) with "Collective Subtle Matter" (Prakriti, ever changing and inter). It's sound of Ukara in Om. It's aspect of Bhram, which sustains.

Bhram (Pure Consciousness) unfolds itself as Ishwar (Closeness of Pure Consciousness plus Collective Cause Matter), and Ishwar as Hirnayagarbha (Closeness of Pure Consciousness plus Collective Subtle Matter), and Hirnayagarbha as Virat (Closeness of Pure Consciousness plus Collective Gross Matter). Virat is gross manifestation - what we see, feel and touch.
The word AUM is a combination of three distinct values and meaning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Last edited:

Decklander

Or otherwise how can big bang occur out of nothing.....
Hiranyagarbha is that so called golden egg which contained all the matter. If you look at the shape of a blackhole which has eaten up all the matter around it, it looks somewhat like an egg. maybe the entire matter of universe was contained within one such single blackhole which collapsed and the entire matter flew out in all different directions creating galaxies, stars, planets and satellites etc.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Hiraṇyagarbha (Devanagari: हिरण्यगर्भः ; literally the 'golden womb' or 'golden egg', poetically rendered 'universal germ') is the source of the creation of the Universe or the manifested cosmos in Indian philosophy, it finds mention in one hymn of the Ṛkveda (RV 10.121), known as the 'Hiraṇyagarbha Sūkta', suggesting a single creator deity(verse 8: yo deveṣv ādhi devā eka āsīt, Griffith:"He is the God of gods, and none beside him."), in the hymn identified as Prajāpati The concept golden womb is again mentioned in Viswakarma suktha Rg 10-82.

The Upaṇiṣad calls it the Soul of the Universe or Brahman, and elaborates that Hiraṇyagarbha floated around in emptiness and the darkness of the non-existence for about a year, and then broke into two halves which formed the Svarga and the Pṛthvi.

Referred to as the "world soul," Hiranyagarbha is the Golden Embryo, Golden Egg, or Golden Womb identified in the Rig Veda (X.121) as the cause of the universe. It possesses both a feminine and a masculine aspect; it is referred to as "he," but it is also the "womb" of manifest reality.

From the outset of Hindu thought, Hiranyagarbha has had multiple meanings. Consider the Rig Veda X.82, where it is the cosmic egg that separates into two hemispheres at the beginning of the world, its upper portion forming the sky and its yolk becoming the Sun. But there are various visions of how this cosmology works.

Even the same Hindu traditions embrace different ideas of the cause of the universe. For instance, some say that the purusha(the transcendent divine), with the cooperation of prakriti (nature), made the cosmic egg from which the world emerges. In one context, we see that Brahma, the creator, emerged from the egg to create the universe. In another context, Brahma is himself the hiranyagarbha, since the word can be used as an epithet or alternate name of Brahma.

In yet another mythological context, hiranyagarbha is seen as a creation of Shiva that embodies aspects of him. Other explanations posit Vishnu as the cause of hiranyagarbha.

One can sigh and quote the Rig Veda:

Who knows the truth? Who can tell us whence and how arose this universe? The gods are later than its beginning: who knows therefore whence comes this creation?

In classical Purāṇic Hinduism, Hiraṇyagarbha is a name of Brahmā, so called because he was born from a golden egg (Manu Smṛti 1.9), while the Mahābhārata calls it the Manifest.[3]

SPIEZ

Country flag
Based on the Solar system's revolution around the Galactic center
A cycle of 4.32 million years known as one Maha Yuga. The cycle begins with a Satya Yuga of 1728000 years and ends with a Kali Yuga of 432000years. The 24000 year cycle is a smaller cycle within this bigger one. In this bigger cycle human civilization begins with a high spiritual age of Satya Yuga slowly descending to a low material age of Kali Yuga. At the end of the Kali Yuga partial destruction of human civilization takes place through widespread earthquakes, cyclones, famines, wars etc. Thereafter a new cycle begins with Satya Yuga. Our Solar system will go through thousand such cycles before its end.

Manvantara or Period of Manu
A cycle of seventy one repetitions of Maha Yuga appx. 306,720,000 years consists of one Manvantara. This is the period of Manu. Manu is a prajapati (ie) progenitor of the human race. He creates a new human race through sexual method. Manu is a mind born child of Brahma. Brahma instructs Manu to create sexually in the beginning of a manvantara. At the end of this period the human race that he creates either gets enlightened or gets extinct. A new human race is created by the next Manu at the beginning of the Satya Yuga of the 72nd Maha Yuga. Such cycles of 71 maha yugas are repeated 14 times in our solar system.

When the manvantara cycle gets repeated 14 times or the Maha Yuga cycle gets repeated appx. 1000 times leading to 4.32 billion years. This period is called a Kalpa.

While the long yuga count is the most popular it does not correlate to any known celestial motion found in the Astronomical Almanac. The value of 24,000 years is within 7% of the modern astronomical calculation of one full precession of the equinox of 25,772 years. This phenomenon is observed as the stars moving retrograde across the sky at about 50 arc seconds per year and is thought to produce periods of warm ages and ice ages known as the Milankovitch cycle, thus the yuga cycle may have some basis in known terrestrial cycles.
So we have a cycle of 24000 yrs in which all these four mahayugas appear as smaller yugas and this cycle goes on till all 14 manus appear and one Mahayug ends. In the life span of each Manu, We are presently in seventh Manu.
Hinduism system of time calculation puts the age of earth as nearly 12 billion yeras which is what the modern science has been able to calculate too.
At the end of each Manus cycle, a destruction by deluge/fire takes place and a new Mahayug starts. Pls try and understand the difference between Mahayuga, Manavantar, Manu and yuga.
Our ancestors were excellent in maths

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I told you that there is no god but Knowledge of self and one's duties which is God.
But then that is not the same as the one to whom we pray daily in Temples or the one who is claimed to be the creator of the world is it?

Decklander

My idea of opening this thread was to educate members here that Sanatan Dharm is a very scientific religion which believes in knowledge only. I saw the speech of an MIM MLA regarding the statue of Gandhi in Hyderabad assembly. He asked a question, We built lal kila, Taj Mahal, Char minar, what have you created?
Well my answer is that the people who created them also destroyed Taxila, & Nalanda. Such centres of outstanding knowledge and education have not existed before. Infact muslims are nearly 1.6 billion in this world and third largest religion but till date they have failed to create even one center of knowledge which can be counted in top 50 of the world. Not even one muslim king ever spent money in creating knowledge all they did was to create slaves and Jahalat. There is nothing as invention or discovery which can be attributed to muslims. They have had a warped idea of the world and its creation and whatever they learnt was from Indians only that too before islam came to the world. I can open a separate thread and prove that all the knowledge which arabians had was acquired from India including Jesus who learnt about world and religion from Indians.
Creating kilas requires money and power, creating knowledge needs knowledge. That MIM MLA had niether of them except to bark like a dog about the past exploits of ruthless looters who even raped and killed his family to convert him to be a muslim.

Decklander

But then that is not the same as the one to whom we pray daily in Temples or the one who is claimed to be the creator of the world is it?
You posted that pundits did it. I agree with you. just like Church issued tickets for money to heavens in medievial times, just the way Mullahs take money to issue fatwas, Pundits also fooled people to make money. It happens in all religions. Hindu religion uses Moorthi as a way of concentrating your senses. It is an extension of the rituals of sacrifice contained in Rig Veda and also a way of sharing your riches with society. Now we have Asaram, Ramdev,Morari Bapu, Sai Baba etc who are worth billions. That is not Sanatan dharma. Pls remember we are now in Kaliyuga, a period of thieves and cheats who will distort the meaning of god to suit their own needs. Now everyone talks of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahash, no one talks of Brahmana-the ultimate truth.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You posted that pundits did it. I agree with you. just like Church issued tickets for money to heavens in medievial times, just the way Mullahs take money to issue fatwas, Pundits also fooled people to make money. It happens in all religions. Hindu religion uses Moorthi as a way of concentrating your senses. It is an extension of the rituals of sacrifice contained in Rig Veda and also a way of sharing your riches with society. Now we have Asaram, Ramdev,Morari Bapu, Sai Baba etc who are worth billions. That is not Sanatan dharma. Pls remember we are now in Kaliyuga, a period of thieves and cheats who will distort the meaning of god to suit their own needs. Now everyone talks of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahash, no one talks of Brahmana-the ultimate truth.
Sir, but there is no evidence to prove that the Hindu texts are right about the astonomy! For instance, why is there no record/proof of the ancient supposedly advanced civilisation?(Satya Yuga)

Till now, what we have seen is only improvement of the Human life(contrary to Vedic claim of decadence) and not the other way round, atleast that is what the evidence points to!

Decklander

Sir, but there is no evidence to prove that the Hindu texts are right about the astonomy! For instance, why is there no record/proof of the ancient supposedly advanced civilisation?(Satya Yuga)

Till now, what we have seen is only improvement of the Human life(contrary to Vedic claim of decadence) and not the other way round, atleast that is what the evidence points to!
In 1993 on 9th June I ejected from a Sea Harrier. My wife was pregnant at that time and was away to Jammu. She was foretold about my ejection. She was told that I will have an accident and will suffer extensive injuries on my right side of the body. it happenned exactly like that. I thought accident meant road accident but it was an ejection from an aircraft. I got six stiches on right side of my head and my right leg had torn muscles for taking the impact of my landing. My Parachute did not deploy and I had a free fall of over 80 feet on the runway shoulder. I survived with no bones broken. I was downgraded medically and went on leave. I met my grandfather and told him all the story including the prediction which my wife had told me.
I am a brahmin, Astrology has always been a part of family knowledge. I, just like most of you after getting educated in modern science made fun of astrology. My grandfather than taught me astrology. I was shocked to my bones when I saw that Nautical Alamanac for which we pay royalty to British Admirality was a copy of our Panchang. I learnt it and have found it to be a perfect science. You may call me stupid and I do not mind.
Astrology has its roots in astronomy and our entire astrology is built on relative motion and not true motion. I was able to decipher many other unknown parts of our astrology due to my knowledge of modern science and was shocked to know that calculas, integration and logrithems are part of our astrology. Our rishies knew it and westerners stole it from us and presented it as theirs. The so called Keplars laws of Planetary motion are totally a copy and stolen from Indian knowledge base.

Sukerchakia

My idea of opening this thread was to educate members here that Sanatan Dharm is a very scientific religion which believes in knowledge only. I saw the speech of an MIM MLA regarding the statue of Gandhi in Hyderabad assembly. He asked a question, We built lal kila, Taj Mahal, Char minar, what have you created?

Well my answer is that the people who created them also destroyed Taxila, & Nalanda. Such centres of outstanding knowledge and education have not existed before. Infact muslims are nearly 1.6 billion in this world and third largest religion but till date they have failed to create even one center of knowledge which can be counted in top 50 of the world. Not even one muslim king ever spent money in creating knowledge all they did was to create slaves and Jahalat. There is nothing as invention or discovery which can be attributed to muslims. They have had a warped idea of the world and its creation and whatever they learnt was from Indians only that too before islam came to the world. I can open a separate thread and prove that all the knowledge which arabians had was acquired from India including Jesus who learnt about world and religion from Indians.
Creating kilas requires money and power, creating knowledge needs knowledge. That MIM MLA had niether of them except to bark like a dog about the past exploits of ruthless looters who even raped and killed his family to convert him to be a muslim.
The BBC can be an @ss sometimes.

A BBC documentary examining the great leap in scientific knowledge that took place in the Islamic world between the 8th and 14th centuries.

Isaac Newton is, as most will agree, the greatest physicist of all time.
At the very least, he is the undisputed father of modern optics, or so we are told at school where our textbooks abound with his famous experiments with lenses and prisms, his study of the nature of light and its reflection, and the refraction and decomposition of light into the colours of the rainbow.

Yet, the truth is rather greyer; and I feel it important to point out that, certainly in the field of optics, Newton himself stood on the shoulders of a giant who lived 700 years earlier.

For, without doubt, another great physicist, who is worthy of ranking up alongside Newton, is a scientist born in AD 965 in what is now Iraq who went by the name of al-Hassan Ibn al-Haytham.

Most people in the West will never have even heard of him.
As a physicist myself, I am quite in awe of this man's contribution to my field, but I was fortunate enough to have recently been given the opportunity to dig a little into his life and work through my recent filming of a three-part BBC Four series on medieval Islamic scientists.
Modern methods
Popular accounts of the history of science typically suggest that no major scientific advances took place in between the ancient Greeks and the European Renaissance.
But just because Western Europe languished in the Dark Ages, does not mean there was stagnation elsewhere. Indeed, the period between the 9th and 13th Centuries marked the Golden Age of Arabic science.
Great advances were made in mathematics, astronomy, medicine, physics, chemistry and philosophy. Among the many geniuses of that period Ibn al-Haytham stands taller than all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles