K-15 Sagarika Missile SLBM

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, poor Indians who can't develop a shit and only French with very very high IQ can ever (if they wanted to) can develop such thingy.
But in Hypersonic glide (or cruise) at 40km altitude the range is ~700Km and for a mix Ballistic + Hypersonic Glide range is ~1900km to 2100km. :rolleyes:
Poor Indians can't even get altitude correct? It only flies at 20km altitude and glides vertical in the clouds for half the flight path. It doesn't have a prayer of reaching distances of real ballistic missiles three times its size. :rolleyes:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Saya that cannot be the end game. We need to think, after then what?
SOB our Nuke doctrine says no first use, what i said is for the worse case situation till Arihant become operational.

Just as interim measure.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Poor Indians can't even get altitude correct? It only flies at 20km altitude and glides vertical in the clouds for half the flight path.
only flies at 20km .!
Lower the altitude more the drag right ? So shouldn't the range be more for the Hypersonic Glide/Cruise at 40km ?

It doesn't have a prayer of reaching distances of real ballistic missiles three times its size.
Ok, now what are you trying to imply here ?
Agni-1 was first test fired in 1989 (Link), a good 24 years ago and Agni-2 was first test fired in 1999 (?).
There's a generation leap in Indian missile technology. Now compare Agni-2 and Agni-4, both weigh around the same but there's twice the range difference between the two.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
since i cant find shaurya missile thread i am posting this idea here

cant we use the shaurya missile in air launch mode on transport aircraft ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
since i cant find shaurya missile thread i am posting this idea here

cant we use the shaurya missile in air launch mode on transport aircraft ?

You don't really need it since it has a launch booster. It is too heavy to be a practical air launch weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
You don't really need it since it has a launch booster. It is too heavy to be a practical air launch weapon.
that was video of minuteman missile its weight is 35300 kgs

Shaurya missile weight is 5624.55 kg.

So shaurya missile is light weight.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
only flies at 20km .!
Lower the altitude more the drag right ? So shouldn't the range be more for the Hypersonic Glide/Cruise at 40km ?
Lower the altitude the less range too. It is not a scram jet but descending in a hypersonic glide. It slows down as it approaches the target.

p2prada

That was the best rebuttal I heard all day!
Simplest and the most effective since I did not have enough time then. All warheads slow down before impact, something called air resistance. But you were trying to convey Shaurya's base characteristics as though it is inferior to existing missiles. How many missiles do you know that have a hypersonic glide?

Anyway, there are different flight profiles for the K-15, at least from what we know of. Of course depending on payload and flight profile, range is affected. There is a ballistic flight profile as well.

Prithvi is closest to Iskander, not K-15/Shaurya.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I was trying to convey the range of K-15 with payload isn't going to be anything like 2200km, but 750km.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
it is still not clear whether the range of k-15 is 750km or 1500km
Hi,
Shriya from which this missile is derived has variable range as per the size of the warhead and trajectory selected...

But i think K-15 has fixed range and has a Quasi Ballistic trajectory and never leaves atmosphere,Burns more fuel due to air resistance and can travel shorter distance for that reason..
First stage falls off at 15 seconds then the seconds stage Burns foe about 45 seconds,making total burnout time of 60 seconds,and reaches target in about 300 seconds...
Such depressed Quasi trajectory confuses enemy defenses and makes the time shorter from launch to strike.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles