Joining IAF

vignesh s

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

My question here is that i am interested in joining the IAF. But there are several factors which stand against me. Firstly i am not an engineering or a technical graduate. Secondly i am guessing that i am overaged. I am currently 22. Is there still a chance for me to join the IAF & what are the steps that need to be followed in order to accomplish this.

Regards,
Vignesh

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

My question here is that i am interested in joining the IAF. But there are several factors which stand against me. Firstly i am not an engineering or a technical graduate. Secondly i am guessing that i am overaged. I am currently 22. Is there still a chance for me to join the IAF & what are the steps that need to be followed in order to accomplish this.

Regards,
Vignesh
Try this out ...

Permanent Commission ( for Men) /Short Service Commission (for Men & Women)
As an officer in the Administration Department, you will be responsible for the efficient management of both human and material resources. Some of the officers of the Administration Branch are selected to carry out the following duties also:

Air Traffic Controller
As Air Traffic Controller, your core responsibilities will involve maintaining an orderly flow of traffic and airspace management.

Fighter Controller
As Fighter Controller, you will be posted to an Air Defence radar unit and will be responsible for close contact and supervision between the air and radar for effective airspace management.

To join the Administration Branches, you must fulfil the following criteria:
20 to 23 years* for Graduates, 20 to 25 years* for Post Graduates / LLB ( Five year integrated course) and 20 to 26 Years for Law Graduates (3 Years Course after Graduation).

Marital Status
Candidates below the age of 25 years must be Unmarried.

Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

Educational Qualifications

Graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together

OR
Post Graduation degree / equivalant diploma in any discipline with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in all papers put together .
Indian Air Force : Career Opportunities

Eiffe

i think you can give CDS.. but prepare for SSB. let me tell you SSB is tougher than IITJEE. :sad:

vignesh s

ace,

Yes but my aggregate percentage in graduate is less than 60%. Can they still consider me or do i need to pass the CDS exam in order to be eligible for selection as Eiffe said.

Please help

Regards,
Vignesh

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
ace,

Yes but my aggregate percentage in graduate is less than 60%. Can they still consider me or do i need to pass the CDS exam in order to be eligible for selection as Eiffe said.

Please help

Regards,
Vignesh
if u have less than 60 % then only hope is CDS..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
ace,

Please help

Regards,
Vignesh
You can do a post-grad degree and if you score above 50% in that, then you can go for the exam too.
But CDS might be easier than SSC.

Eiffe

ma cozin gt 7th rank in SSB couple of years back...
Your brother may be very talented or might have gone through NDA. I went to bhopal SSB by university entry scheme and out of
around 150 candidates around 40 were selected after GD and after all the tests only 1 could make up the final list.
There are some tests in SSB for which you cant be tutored, it all has to be in your personality the way you are brought up

p2prada

Your age is fine. So, if you write the CDSE exam they will not bother about your qualification or marks as long as you have 3 years of graduation from a reputed college with Physics and Math in your 10+2. If you don't have a science background in 10+2 then there is no point even writing this exam.

If you don't clear the CDSE exam then you got no chance joining the IAF as a pilot. I don't know your birthday but you will have only 1 attempt at it and need to do it well before your 23rd birthday. You need to be less than 23 when training starts.

If you have a commercial pilot licence or can obtain one by the time you are 25, then you have better chances along with the CDSE exam.

Apart from pilot duties you have chances in other streams as ace009 has already posted. But you will need 50% in your post graduation. However in most of these fields you have little or no chances on working with aircraft. Only technical officers and pilots can IMO.

If you can get a BE or BTech degree within the next 4 years with 60% then you have chances. 28 years is the cut off. But realistically to be a pilot you have CDSE exam or pilot licence.

vignesh s

Prada,

Now that you said. I have only 3 months left before i complete 23 years.

Could you provide me with a plan of action which i need to follow in the next 3 months in order to crack the exam & so on.

Regards,
Vignesh

vignesh s

Prada,

Could you provide me with a plan of action which i need to follow in the next 3 months in order to crack the exam & so on.

Regards,
Vignesh

In my 10+2 my subjects are economics & stats

p2prada

Prada,

Regards,
Vignesh
In my 10+2 my subjects are economics & stats
Ah! Then there is no point. Sorry mate, the only way to go about it is getting into administrative duties like budget, salaries and other economics related stuff. But you will need 50% in your post graduation since your marks simply don't cut it.

Academics is important and also the subjects you take. Without science you are not eligible to get into the air force as a pilot or a technical officer.

The next exam is only next year, google says 12th Feb, 2012. I doubt you can make it for the CDSE exam and be 23 after training commences.

You will have to try other wings. You may have some other options like redoing your graduation degree, but it is better you shoot a question at educationcareer.in forum or simply go to your nearest recruitment centre.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles