Jill Kelley for secretary of state

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Mark Steyn: Jill Kelley for secretary of state | kelley, intelligence, director - Opinion - The Orange County Register
But Jill Kelley is apparently essential to anything that matters in CENTCOM: When Pastor Terry Jones was threatening to burn a Koran, Gen. Allen asked Mrs. Kelley to mediate. When radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge was threatening to "deep-fat fry" a Koran, Gen. Allen recommended the mayor of Tampa ask Mrs. Kelley to intervene. The U.S. government is responsible for 43 percent of the planet's military spending, and apparently all that gets you is that, when the feces hits the fan, the four-star brass start emailing Jill Kelley of Tampa. If only she'd been hosting a champagne reception at the Sigonella air base in southern Italy, maybe we could have parachuted her into Benghazi to defuse the situation. Jill is the woman Hillary can only dream of being – at the confluence of all the great geostrategic currents of the age. Why didn't we fly Jill Kelley to broker the Gaza deal? Instead of a patsy peddling risible talking-points like Susan Rice, why can't we have Jill Kelley as Secretary of State?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What happened to Kerry and Rice?

Curry and Rice? ;)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What happened to Kerry and Rice?

Curry and Rice? ;)
Obama wants Susan Rice to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, and (I believe) to make John Kerry his Secretary of Defense,

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How come he forgot me? :rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
How come he forgot me? :rofl:
Ahem. Did you make a donation to his campaign, Sir?

Perhaps you could be our next CIA Director.

I hope you read Steyn's entire article. It's full of gems like this.

As far as I can tell, our enemies in Afghanistan don't go in for Soviet-style honey traps. Which is just as well, considering the ease with which, say, a pretend biographer can wind up sitting next to the U.S. commander on his personal Gulfstream. In different ways, Director Petraeus' judgment and Director Clapper's obtuseness testify to the problems of America's vast, sprawling, over-bureaucratized intelligence community. If Director Petraeus can't see the obvious under his nose in his interventions in the Kelley twins' various difficulties, why would you expect Director Clapper to have any greater grasp of what's happening in Cairo or Damascus?...

As for Afghanistan, it seems a fitting comment on America's longest unwon war that the last two U.S. commanders exit in a Benny Hill finale, trousers round their ankles, pursued to speeded-up chase music by bunny-boiling mistresses, stalker socialites, identical twins and Bubba the Love Sponge.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ahem. Did you make a donation to his campaign, Sir?

Perhaps you could be our next CIA Director.

I hope you read Steyn's entire article. It's full of gems like this.
Now that would surely be a disqualification if I did.

My American relatives are a mixed bag. Some Republicans and some Democrats but none opportunists like Bobby Jindal, earlier known as Piyush!

Piyush Bobby Jindal must be a Bobby Soxer and thus fascinated by this name Bobby.

In London, he would be met by tourists and asked for direction since the Policemen are known as Bobbies after Robert Peel!,the bloke who set up the Police force.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Piyush Bobby Jindal must be a Bobby Soxer and thus fascinated by this name Bobby.
Louisiana is a Southern state, and in the South men go by names which elsewhere would be considered nicknames (Bobby not Robert, Billy not William etc.)

Other Southern men's names:
Avery, Ansley, Alvin, Austin, Amos,

Buck, Bud, Boyd, Bevis, Beau, Booker, Billy, Barry, Boone, Bodean, Bubba, Buford,

Carson, Carter, Colton, Calvin, Clyde, Clint, Crawford, Coy, Clem, Clay, Cleveland, Claud, Cecil, Cliff, Cletus, Cage, Cash, Clayton, Chester, Cleon,

Dewey, Doyle, Delmar, Dwight, Darryl, Dale, Dwayne, Dallas,

Earl, Early, Ernest, Eugene, Elwood, Elton, Eloy, Edison, Enos,

Floy, Ford, Floyd, Farley, Forrest,

Gage, Grant, Glenn, Garland, Grady, Granville,

Hardy, Haywood, Houston, Harley, Harlan, Hoyt, Hollis,

Jackson, Jessie, Jimmy, Jerome, Jefferson, Judson, Jasper, Junior, Jed,

Lloyd, Luther, Lyman, Lyle, Levi, Lee, Lyndall, Lamont, Leroy, Leland,

Memphis, Maynard, Marshall, Macon, Montgomery, Merle,

Nash,

Orville, Otis,

Rhett, Randy, Roy, Randall, Russell, Reginald, Roscoe, Rufus, Royce, Rusty, Raleigh,

Winston, Waylon, Weston, Winchester, Woody, Wayne, Washington, Wade, Woodrow, Wyatt, Willie,

Vern, Vernon,
Jindal cannot be old enough the remember Bobby Soxers.
Bobby soxer is a 1940s sociological coinage denoting the fans of Swing music and its creators like singer Frank Sinatra, the first singing teen idol. They were zealous, usually teenage and young adult girls from about 12 to 25. Fashionable adolescent girls wore poodle skirts and rolled down their socks to the ankle. In high schools and colleges, the gymnasium was often used as a dance floor; however, since street shoes and street detritus might damage the polished wood floors, the students were required to remove their shoes and dance in their bobby socks, thus the phrase 'sock hop'.

The adolescent actress Shirley Temple portrayed said type of impressionable adolescent girl in the film, The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947).

A Bobby Soxer re-enactor.

pmaitra

Wasn't Jill Kelley born in Iran? It'll be interesting to see what the foreign policy spells now.

Blackwater

yeah item ha kya????

if yes, than all foreign minister around the world will go mad

Global Defence

New threads

Articles