JF-17- A China Pakistan JV but what is Pakistani ?

Rahul Singh

Country flag

In this video starting 1:27 this lady anchor asks a question that has been raised god only knows how many times on pakistani forums? Astonishingly, reply that PAF TP gives is not much different from few civilized replies we got there. Moreover popular supplementary question raised was "If because of this little JF-17 can be called indigenous then what should we call HAL made SU-30MKI?". And for many this turned out to be their last post.

Last edited by a moderator:

p2prada

Of course. There is no Pakistani input in the design, airframe or engine. Only electronics. It is the same as the MKI JV we had with Russia.

And for many this turned out to be their last post.
Well! Duh! Facts have no place there.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is huge paki involvement in JF17. No one can deny that.

They provided -----s access to western fighters to copy :rofl:

ice berg

There is huge paki involvement in JF17. No one can deny that.

They provided -----s access to western fighters to copy :rofl:
It is new to me that JF 17 is based on stolen western fighters. Now I know why it looks so much alike F16s. :p

Rahul Singh

Country flag
There is also another gem embedded in this video, scroll to 8:58 to find that. Hope Chinese members could understand HINDI/Urdu.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I find it amusing that the PAF chap is trying to give the impression that it is Pakistan who designed and manufactured the aircraft!

So, the Pakistanis are the real brains behind the claimed Chinese aircraft?

Why? Does the Pakistanis feel that the Chinese are but only labour and they, the Pakistanis, are the brains?!

That is the biggest laugh I have had - it is a Pakistani fighter!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is new to me that JF 17 is based on stolen western fighters. Now I know why it looks so much alike F16s. :p
Well, if you could understand what that PAF Group Captain was saying, you would explode!

He is claiming that from the design board to the manufacture it was all Pakistan show to include the avionics!

Those who see this interview will think that China has no role at all in the conceptualising, designing or manufacturing the aircraft!

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Group Captain cleverly said PAF pilots were better trained than those of PLAAF at Zhuhai Airshow and also that Chineese acknowledged JF-17's superiority over J-10.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
ice berg your reaction on this please :

Baki Reporter to Group Captain : even though JF-17 is less technologically advanced than J-10 it's performance was better when they were tested head-to-head in China .................. :shocked:

Group Captain to Baki Reporter : Yes and it was only possible due to "Allah" and our Superior Training vis-a-vis our Chinese counterparts ... and it was acknowledge by Chinese themselves ..... :lol:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I like the Pakistanis.

Real ungrateful wretches.

China is what keeps them relevant and they shaft the Chinese in East Turkmenistan or Xinjiang and then they shaft them even when they borrow a Chinese aircraft and call it their own and say that it is what they themselves have done and nothing from China!

noob101

Even though we might be leagues ahead of pakistain in terms of aeronautical engineering are we so ahead that we can poke fun of them? Too me the important thing is if we can attain the status of at least Spain or Italy in the Eurofighter program then we are where we should be considering that we are a much much larger nation..... Pakis can make a good point that we are not up to the mark out selves and they wouldn't be wrong, although we are way ahead of them

p2prada

He is claiming that from the design board to the manufacture it was all Pakistan show to include the avionics!

Those who see this interview will think that China has no role at all in the conceptualising, designing or manufacturing the aircraft!
Sir, I think he means to say that from design to completion the project always had PAF inputs and support. Then he goes on to say that the cockpit interface was designed based on PAF pilot inputs. While there are mentions of the JF-17 being a Pakistani aircraft, I think he is meaning to say it is designed for PAF needs.

Of course there is no mention of Chinese involvement beyond saying JF-17 is better than China's J-10.:lol:

Group Captain cleverly said PAF pilots were better trained than those of PLAAF at Zhuhai Airshow and also that Chineese acknowledged JF-17's superiority over J-10.
The JF-17 and J-10A are a similar class of aircraft. Winning a dog fight or two does not mean superiority. But he is only playing to the domestic gallery.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Even though we might be leagues ahead of pakistain in terms of aeronautical engineering are we so ahead that we can poke fun of them? Too me the important thing is if we can attain the status of at least Spain or Italy in the Eurofighter program then we are where we should be considering that we are a much much larger nation..... Pakis can make a good point that we are not up to the mark out selves and they wouldn't be wrong, although we are way ahead of them
We are only making fun of false claim and hollow lecture (do watch first part).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles