Japan unveils aircraft carrier

ice berg

I don't think so. More than the US or Japan, China is in a better position to "feed" the Philippines at the moment. Especially that the Chinese don't have qualms of corrupting officials of foreign countries just to get what they want, and the Philippines certainly have its share of easily corruptible officials up to the highest level. But looky it seems that China cannot corrupt its way in the Philippines!
What you fail to understand is whatever "bribe" China can give pales in comparison to the gains of anti chinese talks.
Any corrupt politicians can use the Anti China campaign to strengths their position. As long as they stay in power, the money will come to them.

Not to mention the fact that the policy can change anytime someone new get into power. Betting your foreign policy on that is kinda silly, dont you agree?

One more thing. Like you said yourself. Phillipines have its own share of easily corruptible officials. If they can be bribed by CHina, what is stop them been bought by someone else a few days later? You gonna base your foreign policy on that?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What you fail to understand is whatever "bribe" China can give pales in comparison to the gains of anti chinese talks.

These anti-Chinese talks did not originate from thin air. These kind of talks is louder than it has ever been not only in the Philippines but in Vietnam and Japan. Care to guess why?

Some added thoughts: 1. Foreign policy does not figure out in local elections in the Philippines and their President has only 1 term. So nothing can be gained from drumming up silly anti-Chinese statements for political points; 2. Vietnam is a single party state just like China so no need for political points from bashing China; and, 3. Both these countries' economies are growing rapidly so there's no need for their politicians to invent issues to divert the attention of their optimistic populations.

ice berg

These anti-Chinese talks did not originate from thin air. These kind of talks is louder than it has ever been not only in the Philippines but in Vietnam and Japan. Care to guess why?

Seriously, do I need to explain this? With the collapse of the Soviet union , China was left to fend for her interests. She is no longer a counterweight to USSR. Instead of keep her dogs in line, US let them loose.
Some added thoughts: 1. Foreign policy does not figure out in local elections in the Philippines and their President has only 1 term. So nothing can be gained from drumming up silly anti-Chinese statements for political points; 2. Vietnam is a single party state just like China so no need for political points from bashing China; and, 3. Both these countries' economies are growing rapidly so there's no need for their politicians to invent issues to divert the attention of their optimistic populations.
1. Not sure what local election and only serving one term got to do with my points?
2. Eh... Why are you diverting the topics to Vietnam when we are talking about Phillipine?
3. Growing rapidly? yes. But where does all the money go? We are still talking about the Phillipine, right? I mean seriously?
And what is the correlation between rapid gdp growth and creating anti chinese talks? They are not mutually exclusive. National sentiments are not always linked to economic performances. I am sure you know about Germany and Night of Broken Glass.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1. Not sure what local election and only serving one term got to do with my points?
2. Eh... Why are you diverting the topics to Vietnam when we are talking about Phillipine?
3. Growing rapidly? yes. But where does all the money go? We are still talking about the Phillipine, right? I mean seriously?
And what is the correlation between rapid gdp growth and creating anti chinese talks? They are not mutually exclusive. National sentiments are not always linked to economic performances. I am sure you know about Germany and Night of Broken Glass.

Only insecure politicians would be drumming nationalist sentiments for no reasons.

ice berg

Nationalistic sentiments always serve a purpose. Just look at Abe.

SamwiseTheBrave

ice berg

First learn to read, then Read this and Learn Boy !
The Philippines re-opens military bases to US forces - The Hill's DEFCON Hill
The U-Turn refers to the change in Chinese approach from conciliatory and peace overture stance to aggressive encroachment and occupation stance, and I still stand by it since the evidence for it (chinese actions on the ground and sea) is very clear.
That is rich coming a guy who obviously dont read his own links.
American warships and fighter plans can once again call Subic Bay and Clark Air Force Base home after Manila approved limited U.S. deployments to the former American military outposts.
Son, you didnt even read the first paragraph. why you insist embarassing yourself? I mean common how difficult is to read the first paragraph in your own link?
There is no U-turn when China has maintained the position since the 30s. Nobody cares what you call it. Obviously you do not know how to google. Or else you will know the chinese position since the 30s. That is before your great parents were born and there was only British India, son.

SamwiseTheBrave

stay focussed on the topic boy, British India is irrelevant and I can work out the math for myself about how long back the 30`s were.

Allowing the limited US deployment is clearly a response to the aggressive Chinese actions, which part of those words did you not understand ? your overall aims are the same since the 30`s but the deviousness used to achieve those aims is very much active. your reply only supports my case and makes it stronger

ice berg

stay focussed on the topic boy, British India is irrelevant and I can work out the math for myself about how long back the 30`s were.

Boy, if you can read then the title of this thread is Japan unveils aircraft carrier. You are the one who keep bringing up the US base in Phillipine. It is pretty obvious, son, that you are the one who couldnt stay on topic.
Allowing the limited US deployment is clearly a response to the aggressive Chinese actions, which part of those words did you not understand ?
Eh, what does that got to do with the topic? You know Japan and Phillipine is not the same country, right? Japan starts with a J.
your overall aims are the same since the 30`s but the deviousness used to achieve those aims is very much active. your reply only supports my case and makes it stronger
No idea what "devisousness" is very much active means. That is not even a sentence.Too many late night Bollywood movies lately?

SamwiseTheBrave

No idea what "devisousness" is very much active means. That is not even a sentence.Too many late night Bollywood movies lately?
the reason why Japan has unvelied an aircraft carrier is to counter Chinese designs in Asia which are pretty apparent to everyone, and is the root cause of this topic.
get out of your well of shallow thinking once in a while and try to see posts and comments in their proper context.
using unrelated phrases and expressions like "british india" and "bollywood movies" clearly makes it obvious that you are at a loss to provide logic and reasoning to support your arguments....too much propaganda brainwashing and muddleheaded logic maye ? consider this encounter with me as a practise for rational thinking.

ice berg

the reason why Japan has unvelied an aircraft carrier is to counter Chinese designs in Asia which are pretty apparent to everyone, and is the root cause of this topic.
get out of your well of shallow thinking once in a while and try to see posts and comments in their proper context.
using unrelated phrases and expressions like "british india" and "bollywood movies" clearly makes it obvious that you are at a loss to provide logic and reasoning to support your arguments....too much propaganda brainwashing and muddleheaded logic maye ? consider this encounter with me as a practise for rational thinking.
1. It is not an "aircraft carrier".
2. Japan has had "helicopter destroyer" for decades now.
You show your ignorance here.

This encounter with you is more like a practise in indulging juvenile thinking and ignorance on high levels.
The term "british india" was in reference to the fact that China has maintained current position regarding to the dispute since before India become independent. So much for your propaganda brainwashing of U turn. The relevant source was been provided.
The term Bollywood movies was in reference to your unrelated personal opinion like this:
"but the deviousness used to achieve those aims is very much active"
That sentence didnt even make sense in the context of the discussion. That is why I wondered perheps you spend more time watching Bollywood than reading news. Or how else can you explain that your U-turn? ROFL.
Do some readings, son. It will do you good.

s002wjh

Country flag
its not a AC, far from it. the ship was build since 2009 before the daoyo island escalation. there are 2 heli carrier before this one. japan always has a good navy before/after daioyo island escalation.

SamwiseTheBrave

@s002wjh

This encounter with you is more like a practise in indulging juvenile thinking and ignorance on high levels.
The term "british india" was in reference to the fact that China has maintained current position regarding to the dispute since before India become independent. So much for your propaganda brainwashing of U turn. The relevant source was been provided.
The term Bollywood movies was in reference to your unrelated personal opinion like this:
That sentence didnt even make sense in the context of the discussion. That is why I wondered perheps you spend more time watching Bollywood than reading news. Or how else can you explain that your U-turn? ROFL.
Here are some readings for you, boy - i think its self-evident that Japan has an Aircarft Carrier disguised as a "helicopter carrier " and not "helicopter destroyer. Glad to see that its raising Chinese hackles no end !
Japan's Unveils "Aircraft Carrier in Disguise" | Flashpoints | The Diplomat is an artcile which has the quote below
"Li Daguang, a professor at the PLA's National Defense University, similarly called the vessel an "aircraft carrier in disguise."

. These accounts also make it clear that the F-35B short takeoff and vertical landing variant of the Joint Strike Fighter is seen as a key system for these ships. Apparently, provision for the operation of UAVs is being included within the design.

Read more: Details of New Japanese 'Helicopter Destroyer' | Navy & Maritime Security News at DefenceTalk

This Izumo is the second of its name - the first one was operational way back in the WW-2 era and had the same name
JDS Izumo (DDH-183) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

SamwiseTheBrave

i`ll repeat it again for your benefit : long term aims are fixed, since the 1930`s when "the British were in India" and incidentally, Nanking was being Massacred - this was the same time period, you know ? its not a personal opinion of mine if i`m clearly backing it up with valid facts and a model to explain chinese behavior. the aims are achieved by means, which in layman`s terms, are called "deviousness" no matter how hard you try to spin it and sugarcoat it.

ice berg

i`ll repeat it again for your benefit : long term aims are fixed, since the 1930`s when "the British were in India" and incidentally,

Heh? Did you even understand your own sentence here?
Nanking was being Massacred - this was the same time period, you know ?
He, what does Nanjing got to do with the topic? Your mind wanders again? May as well saying the Bengal farmine!
its not a personal opinion of mine if i`m clearly backing it up with valid facts
I have seen none so far.
and a model to explain chinese behavior.
What model? The samthewise model?
the aims are achieved by means, which in layman`s terms, are called "deviousness"
aims are achieved by means = deviousness? Can I suggest you simply use a dictionary next time instead of inventing your own concepts?
no matter how hard you try to spin it and sugarcoat it.
No offence, but how old are you? I have a strong suspicion based on your lack of logic, poor grammar and inability to create whole sentence that I may wasting my time on someone on high school levels.

Last edited:

SamwiseTheBrave

No offence, but how old are you? I have a strong suspicion based on your lack of logic, poor grammar and inability to create whole sentence that I may wasting my time on someone on high school levels.
you "may wasting" time on someone with who cant create "whole sentence" ?
I :hail: your absolute command over the perfectly and proper usage of grammar as evidenced by your reply above
(in case you haven`t realized it yet, i`m being sarcastic there - i seriously doubt you`d be able to discern that on your own)

dont get your eye off the ball during the debate or its gonna hit you right in the face.
get to the point and reply to my post and the points contained therein with logic as I have been doing so far.
unless of course you have lost any rational counterpoints to offer and concur that the logic of truth is too refined for you to follow ?

SamwiseTheBrave

looking at the structure of your posts, wherein the replies are quoted and nested again and then copy pasted in full i strongly suspect that its somene else doing the replying whereas your id is merely used as a front. unless of course there is a bug in the reply mechanisms here which strangely enough, seem to effect only you.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

Joke of the millennium: A linguistically-challenged Chicom giving lecture to an INDIAN about Grammar, Syntax & Logic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now, when this roach has repeatedly run out of arguments, he is shamelessly resorting to ad-hominems & puerile BS...so typical of this invertebrates' flock called Han.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles