Japan unveils aircraft carrier

bose

Country flag
Proof that some people have short memories. Recall their decision to deny US bases and a few years later begging them to come back.
Have you ever given a thought to why that full turn around ?? what happend that prompted it ??

SamwiseTheBrave

Have you ever given a thought to why that full turn around ?? what happend that prompted it ??
exactly - the ministers and diplomats in India must be fully awake now to the Chinese strategy being emplyed here. They first ratchet up the pressure on the fillipinos to get 2 US bases evacuated, assuring them that China is a friend of their nation but cannot allow US militray presence. Once the bases are closed, they pull a U-Turn and aggressively encroach upon Scarborough Shore and plant their flag on it. Notice the close parallels here for China`s dealings with India : appease and promise peace to lull/disarm the opponent (border defence agreement) and step up the pressure until thats done (depsang incursions).
Part 2 : when the guard is down pull a U-turn and try to extract the max. you can by exploiting the enemy`s weakness (yet to be executed).
of course all this is done over a 2-5 year timeframe in slo-mo so that most countries dont even get to know the longterm end goal of the "inscrutable chinese"

no smoking

Country flag
The Pacifist Japanese Constitution is a brainchild of the Americans. If China had a say in the fate of postwar Japan then Japan would have been razed to the ground...
Yes, but ROC and lots of asian countries gave up their compensation requirement or reduce the amount partly due to the promise made by Japanese---this constitution.

What is more important to China's smaller neighbors now is not what happened 70 years ago. What is more important is reigning in China (the new aspiring Asian Imperial power) so that what happened 70 years ago will not happen anymore. And in this quest Japan plays, or should play, an integral part.
Tell me that when any asian country sign an military alliance treaty with Japan.
Look, I have no doubt there are lots of asian countries are worring about China's rise just like your neighbours are worring about you.
But if anyone think Japan can provide any meaningful military and fiancial support to her, then she is dreaming! Japan itself is still counting on other's aid. There is only one country can do that, that is USA.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Look, I have no doubt there are lots of asian countries are worring about China's rise just like your neighbours are worring about you.
But if anyone think Japan can provide any meaningful military and fiancial support to her, then she is dreaming! Japan itself is still counting on other's aid. There is only one country can do that, that is USA.

The instant rehabilitation of Japan in the eyes of smaller Asian countries is a testament to the failure of China's strategic policy in Asia. Japan alone of course cannot hedge against China. But who said Japan being alone? All indications suggest, despite close economic ties between the US and China, that the US will maintain its bilateral relationship with Japan and its various relationships in the ASEAN. And as long and the US and Japan have their relationship, you can throw Australia and other smaller ASEAN countries as well, China cannot dominate the region.

Talking about aircraft carriers, the islands of Japan, the Philippines, mainland Australia, SIngapore and other countries will be unsinkable aircraft carriers from which the US, Japan (maybe not all those countries) and their allies can operate from. China's policy has simply failed in this regard. It has blown sky high its opportunity to isolate the US and Japan politically from smaller Asian countries. Maybe China gave too little regard to Asia's smaller countries not realizing that i the strategic game for dominance against the US-Japanese alliance these countries are important linchpins from which US and to some extent Japan can project power or protect the status quo. Deny the US and Japan access to these smaller countries then their decades old stranglehold on Asia will simply evaporate. But this is not going to happen anymore.

Last edited:

ice berg

exactly - the ministers and diplomats in India must be fully awake now to the Chinese strategy being emplyed here. They first ratchet up the pressure on the fillipinos to get 2 US bases evacuated, assuring them that China is a friend of their nation but cannot allow US militray presence.

Please provide a source for chinese pressure. Unless you are talking out of your ass.
Once the bases are closed, they pull a U-Turn and aggressively encroach upon Scarborough Shore and plant their flag on it.
For someone who like to participate in this discussion, you are showing some remarkble ignorance.

Scarborough Shoal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1935, China, as the Republic of China (ROC), regarded the shoal as part of the Zhongsha Islands. That position has since been maintained by both the ROC, which now governs Taiwan, and the People's Republic of China (PRC).[15] In 1947 the shoal was given the name Minzhu Jiao (Chinese: 民主礁; literally "Democracy Reef"). In 1983 the People's Republic of China renamed it Huangyan Island with Minzhu Jiao reserved as a second name.[16] In 1956 Beijing protested Philippine remarks that the South China Sea islands in close proximity to Philippine territory should belong to the Philippines. China's Declaration on the territorial Sea, promulgated in 1958, says in part,

The breadth of the Territorial Sea of the People's Republic of China shall be twelve nautical miles. This applies to all territories of the People's Republic of China, including the Chinese mainland and its coastal islands, as well as Taiwan and its surrounding islands, the Penghu Islands, the Dongsha Islands, the Xisha Islands, the Zhongsha Islands [italics added], the Nansha Islands and all other islands belonging to China which are separated from the mainland and its coastal islands by the high seas
Notice the close parallels here for China`s dealings with India : appease and promise peace to lull/disarm the opponent (border defence agreement) and step up the pressure until thats done (depsang incursions).
So, Mrs fanboy, how do you do a U-turn when you hold the same position since the 30s?
Part 2 : when the guard is down pull a U-turn and try to extract the max. you can by exploiting the enemy`s weakness (yet to be executed).
of course all this is done over a 2-5 year timeframe in slo-mo so that most countries dont even get to know the longterm end goal of the "inscrutable chinese"
Read my words and do some researches. Son.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You can also take a survey at other estimates of casualties but overall pictures does not differ much in that China has suffered substantially more deaths than Korea during WW2.
What contribution did China make during WW2?

It was a surrogate of the US that was kept alive with US aid!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Read my words and do some researches. Son.
I recommend don't read anyone's word or lips.

Just read real history and not that is fed to you by the glorious party of the workers and the peasants!

Pious platitudes and mealy mouthed homilies in today's world is passe.

Ask Ding Dong Deng!

ice berg

Forget about the Americans. What is more noteworthy is the openness of the Philippines to Japanese military being stationed in their country. Of course the singular credit for that should go to China.
A dog wiggles its tails for whover can feed her. Be it Americans or Japanese or someone else.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, but ROC and lots of asian countries gave up their compensation requirement or reduce the amount partly due to the promise made by Japanese---this constitution.

Tell me that when any asian country sign an military alliance treaty with Japan.
It might give you comfort to feels so, but once Japan rises, China shall weep!

ice berg

I recommend don't read anyone's word or lips.
Just read real history and not that is fed to you by the glorious party of the workers and the peasants!

Pious platitudes and mealy mouthed homilies in today's world is passe.

Ask Ding Dong Deng!
Good advice to ignore yours. I have provided my sources, feel free to provide yours.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A dog wiggles its tails for whover can feed her. Be it Americans or Japanese or someone else.
Not wiggle. It is Wag,

The same way China wags to get foreign investments!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good advice to ignore yours. I have provided my sources, feel free to provide yours.
Provide what?

One has to have the IQ to comprehend what I provide.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

ice berg

Not wiggle. It is Wag,

The same way China wags to get foreign investments!
Follow that logic then so is every country who welcomes FDI. Unless you living in North Korea, of course.

You wanna contribute to this thread or you into your usual mood of diverting topics?

Learn to read and stay on topic. This thread is not about FDI. Not that you know the difference.

ice berg

Provide what?

One has to have the IQ to comprehend what I provide.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
You saying you dont have IQs? or else how you communicate with someone who lacks IQ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Follow that logic then so is every country who welcomes FDI. Unless you living in North Korea, of course.

You wanna contribute to this thread or you into your usual mood of diverting topics?

Learn to read and stay on topic. This thread is not about FDI. Not that you know the difference.
The Chinese alone are adept at diverting topics.

The thread is on Japan unveils aircraft carrier.

What has FDI to do with it?

It was merely to tell you that given national interest, China too wags it tail!

It was merely to get you off that moral hobby horse that you Chinese think is a proprietary right of the Han self proclaimed cultural and moral Czars!

Got that, Steve?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You saying you dont have IQs? or else how you communicate with someone who lacks IQ?
No.

I was merely finding you a victim of the idiom - Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Apparently in your Han cultural arrogance you missed that.

You should get your head out of the iceberg that is numbing your faculties!

Last edited:

ice berg

The Chinese alone are adept at diverting topics.

Says the guy who charging into a discussion without even read what it is about.
The thread is on Japan unveils aircraft carrier.

What has FDI to do with it?

It was merely to tell you that given national interest, China too wags it tail!

Got that, Steve?
No kidding, Mrs Obvious. That is like saying you drink water when you are thirst.
Every nation pursues its national interests and it is changing all the time.
No permanent allies or enemies.

ice berg

No.

I was merely finding you a victim of the idiom - Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Apparently in your Han cultural arrogance you missed that.

You should get your head out of the iceberg that is numbing your faculties!
I find the idiom suits you just as well.
At least I dont judge you on the basis of your cultur and treat everyone as individuals.
Maybe you should get yours out of your obsession of Han cultur to which your knowledges are limited to 5 mins of google every time you fall under the spell.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What contribution did China make during WW2?

It was a surrogate of the US that was kept alive with US aid!

In fairness China kept a sizable bulk of the Japanese military busy, if you know what I mean.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't think so. More than the US or Japan, China is in a better position to "feed" the Philippines at the moment. Especially that the Chinese don't have qualms of corrupting officials of foreign countries just to get what they want, and the Philippines certainly have its share of easily corruptible officials up to the highest level. But looky it seems that China cannot corrupt its way in the Philippines!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles