Japan nuclear pact revealed

Iamanidiot

Russian dagger is on everyones throats.OHimalaya McAurthur was able to do zero,nadda,zilch when he met the chinese army during the korean war.If it was Georgy Zhukov or Ivan Konev the chinese were facing it could have been a slaughtering hell and the korean war would not have been a status quo.It is said that Joseph Stalin used to see Mao like an insect.Just look at the power Stalin wielded no individual on earth...till now has wielded the power he has wielded

amoy

No, Korean Pennisula is very mountainous where the US (or so-called UN) troops couldn't bring their modern teeth into full play. Besides China also got military supplies from USSR. that's why China forces could have sustained the war.

Of course casualities on China's part was heavy in addition to poor logistics. Many actually died of coldness.

Kim Il Sung, inspired by China's army's momentum at the onset, pushed China to advance further. Exhausted, China agreed to nego. truce when the situation was in China's favour.

VersusAllOdds

The only reason Russia is having it's dagger on everyone's throats is the amount of warheads they are maintaining. That's costly though... Not a small reason, but it's not advisable to have only one trump card.
The nuking of Japan was one of the rare military actions of the US that I support. They virtually saved millions of lives. If invasion was to come, US would lose millions, and Japan's losses would've been greater than Russian in WW2. I don't think of myself as macho or something but people complaining against nukings of Japan and nuclear weapons in general are just plain sissies...

The only viable reason why one would deploy nukes abroad is to make it more of a target than oneself. US has always been very smart in making buffers. Just look at the number of countries that holds nuclear weapons for the US - and yet still they are complaining to the Americans... They should complain to their own governments for accepting such a deal.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, Korean Pennisula is very mountainous where the US (or so-called UN) troops couldn't bring their modern teeth into full play. Besides China also got military supplies from USSR. that's why China forces could have sustained the war.

Of course casualities on China's part was heavy in addition to poor logistics. Many actually died of coldness.

Kim Il Sung, inspired by China's army's momentum at the onset, pushed China to advance further. Exhausted, China agreed to nego. truce when the situation was in China's favour.
China was also busy taking over Tibet at that time.

In 1950, a load of American weaponry was shipped into Tibet through Calcutta in order to help resist the China army entry into Tibet. In the same year, US Secretary of State Dean Acheson openly condemned China's liberation of its own territory of Tibet as "invasion."

amoy

In 1950, a load of American weaponry was shipped into Tibet through Calcutta in order to help resist the China army entry into Tibet. In the same year, US Secretary of State Dean Acheson openly condemned China's liberation of its own territory of Tibet as "invasion."
Where he stands depends on where he sits
--- quoted from "Yes, Prime Minister"

If I were a child of ex-serf I'd call it a 'liberation'. If I were a child of a former aristocrat who owned a big plantation and thousands of serfs, I may call it an 'invasion' weeping over the paradise lost!

Since I'm a Chinese I regard Korean War as self defence stopping the US' heading into Manchuria after fall of N. Korea.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles