Japan casts shadow on China's bullet train ambition with India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are using Chinese stuff right now.
Like?

My computer?

That is why it has a whole lot of issues.

It is shoddy but it is cheap.

Have been discarding my computers with Chinese parts as if they were used, you know what.

Compersion

Country flag
The model that was and is being done in delhi metro is ideal. the Japanese are at the forefront and the PRC companies are there in the sub-contractual and implementation levels where the costs and performance can be monitored and managed. we must not say absolute no to PRC companies but yes the Japanese are preferred to take leadership and forefront role and that can be seen in how we did in delhi metro. also japanese know we stick to our commitments and dont try and backstab them. the PRC companies also want to create good work and impression here and we can see some of that being done with L & T and the telco players (although the security side and angle might be hedged). PRC implements fast and cheaply that is one thing and not really a bad thing if done properly.

Last edited:

CCP

Like?

My computer?

That is why it has a whole lot of issues.

It is shoddy but it is cheap.

Have been discarding my computers with Chinese parts as if they were used, you know what.
Is that means you are cheap.

CCP

The model that was and is being done in delhi metro is ideal. the Japanese are at the forefront and the PRC companies are there in the sub-contractual and implementation levels where the costs and performance can be monitored and managed. we must not say absolute no to PRC companies but yes the Japanese are preferred to take leadership and forefront role and that can be seen in how we did in delhi metro. also japanese know we stick to our commitments and dont try and backstab them. the PRC companies also want to create good work and impression here and we can see some of that being done with L & T and the telco players (although the security side and angle might be hedged). PRC implements fast and cheaply that is one thing and not really a bad thing if done properly.
Chinese firms dominate race to build India's longest metro
GCR - Sectors - Chinese firms dominate race to build India's longest metro

China to ship 18 trains for Mumbai Metro - The Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/China-to-ship-18-trains-for-Mumbai-Metro/articleshow/5715846.cms

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is that means you are cheap.
I am trying to live up to the US way of life - waste economy.

And the only way to do it is through cheap stuff from China, where if it breaks down, so be it, Get another.

And showing solidarity with the Chinese, who are cheap and come cheap.

Compersion

Country flag
what to do - its the reality:

Why did Nolan use an Indian Air Force drone in Interstellar? Does it have any hidden interpretation like reincarnation or something? - Quora

What was the significance of showing Indian Air Force drone in the movie Interstellar? - Quora

:india: (the dialogue was implying that since it was indian it was quality and can be used)

and there was gravity movie.

you get it both ways ... cheap yet performance and implementation (on large scale).

Last edited:

CCP

I am trying to live up to the US way of life - waste economy.

And the only way to do it is through cheap stuff from China, where if it breaks down, so be it, Get another.

And showing solidarity with the Chinese, who are cheap and come cheap.
waste economy... US way of life...

If a not " made in China" stuff last along time, you should buy it rather than buy a " made in China" one.

" made in China" stuffs are cheaper but surely not free.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
waste economy... US way of life...

If a not " made in China" stuff last along time, you should buy it rather than buy a " made in China" one.

" made in China" stuffs are cheaper but surely not free.
Chinese stuff does not last long and that is an universally accepted fact.

They are cheap and when compared to stuff from other countries, it is like it is free since changing Chinese goods one after another. does not affect the pocket.

However, if one wants to go in for stuff that are critical, then one should not dabble in Chinese goods is what experience shows.

The only thing Chinese I really like and still use with confidence is the Wing Sung Pen.

I think they are not so readily available in India these days and I don't know why since they were real popular, and so when I went to Singapore I made it a point to buy one from Mustafa since I find them reminding me of my school days when we used them extensively.

I have Sheaffers and Parkers, since I love writing more than the computer keyboarding, but my Wing Sung finds a pride of place.

Last edited:

CCP

Chinese stuff does not last long and that is an universally accepted fact.

They are cheap and when compared to stuff from other countries, it is like it is free since changing Chinese goods one after another. does not affect the pocket.

However, if one wants to go in for stuff that are critical, then one should not dabble in Chinese goods is what experience shows.

The only thing Chinese I really like and still use with confidence is the Wing Sung Pen.

I think they are not so readily available in India these days and I don't know why since they were real popular, and so when I went to Singapore I made it a point to buy one from Mustafa since I find them reminding me of my school days when we used them extensively.

I have Sheaffers and Parkers, since I love writing more than the computer keyboarding, but my Wing Sung finds a pride of place.
Do you think those are not CRITICAL?

First China-Made Plane Coming To U.S. Skies - Forbes

China to ship 18 trains for Mumbai Metro - The Times of India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Critical to the US.

Mumbai Metro must be a slap dash affair with an eye on the elections.

It has also private companies involved and they work for profits and so cheap stuff gets greater profit for them.

The MMRDA appointed a consortium of Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra), SNC Lavolin Inc Canada, and Reliance Communication.

On 6 September 2012, the MMRDA sent a letter to Reliance Infrastructure asking them to start work on the metro immediately or face legal action. And so where can one get stuff quickly? China. Ready to churn out anything and everything at a moment's notice and there being No quality control worth the name, it can be got fast.

Last edited:

CCP

Critical to the US.

Mumbai Metro must be a slap dash affair with an eye on the elections.

It has also private companies involved and they work for profits and so cheap stuff gets greater profit for them.

The MMRDA appointed a consortium of Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra), SNC Lavolin Inc Canada, and Reliance Communication.

On 6 September 2012, the MMRDA sent a letter to Reliance Infrastructure asking them to start work on the metro immediately or face legal action. And so where can one get stuff quickly? China. Ready to churn out anything and everything at a moment's notice and there being No quality control worth the name, it can be got fast.
You mean India is risking its people life to buy " No quality control " stuff.

Your and countrymen's life are cheaper.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You mean India is risking its people life to buy " No quality control " stuff.

Your and countrymen's life are cheaper.
Businessmen around the world are not really known for their ethics, are they?

Have you not experienced the same in China, a country where the law is draconian and the justice system swift and Govt decided?

Life is cheapest in China.

remember that chap who was tasked to oversee the Hispeed rail?

Liu Zhijun was his name if I am not mistaken.

2008 train collision in Shandong? Collision in Hunan? Wenzhou train collision? And the cause as per the Chinese Govt? The Govt acknowledged and blamed the disasters on "serious design flaws", "a neglect of safety management", and flaws in the bidding and testing processes used to acquire materials.

Life is real cheap in China.

Cultural Revolution, Tienanmen Square and the list goes on.

so, please don't grandstand. Your feet are made of clay.

Before you let yourself on wings of fantasy, remember the Chinese proverb
三思而后行
Measure thrice, cut once.
or in English: One should always act only after due consideration. A hasty action may involve an improper consideration of important aspects.

Last edited:

CCP

Have you not experienced the same in China, a country where the law is draconian and the justice system swift and Govt decided?
If the gov knows a product has "No quality control ", it surely will shut down the firm.

Here , you said made in China is "No quality control ". If your govt. share the same view with you and not stop the deal, then your country is a hell.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If the gov knows a product has "No quality control ", it surely will shut down the firm.

Here , you said made in China is "No quality control ". If your govt. share the same view with you and not stop the deal, then your country is a hell.
Well, superficially everything that glitters is gold, especially when it comes cheap.

My country could be hell, but compared to the burning hell that is China, it still remains a Paradise, if not heaven.

We are free people and not brainwashed to believe that our Govt can do no wrong.

We can take the Govt and even the PM to task as we are doing?

Can you criticise Xi or the Communist Party?

I am sure if you do, it will be the Laogai for you.

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
Pakistan is repenting with Chinese engines, GoI must scrutinize every quality aspect before signing any deal with China. Let's assume China manufacture few quality products but, looking at Pakistani engine saga, it is highly unlikely considering China export inferior products.

amoy

Pakistan is repenting with Chinese engines, GoI must scrutinize every quality aspect before signing any deal with China. Let's assume China manufacture few quality products but, looking at Pakistani engine saga, it is highly unlikely considering China export inferior products.
what is good for Nigeria must be good for India - China, Nigeria sign coastal railway construction agreement - CCTV News - CCTV.com English

also India home to 1.8bln muslims shall also welcome Chinese rail thanks to the proven track record of China-built light rail whisks 1 mln Hajj pilgrims to Mecca in Saudi Arabia _Home_China Railway Construction Corporation Limited

ladder

Country flag
what is good for Nigeria must be good for India - China, Nigeria sign coastal railway construction agreement - CCTV News - CCTV.com English

also India home to 1.8bln muslims shall also welcome Chinese rail thanks to the proven track record of China-built light rail whisks 1 mln Hajj pilgrims to Mecca in Saudi Arabia _Home_China Railway Construction Corporation Limited
India home to 1.8bln muslims shall also welcome Chinese rail thanks to the proven track record
:shocked:

Yes they will if provided for free, as living with baniyas like us for thousands of years, they have picked up some traits. :rofl: :taunt:

Also, lay a rail-line to Turkey to dispatch your Muslims there, Turkey has kindly agreed to save the Muslims from state oppression in China.

Given the track record of Chinese to complete projects ahead of schedule, I think this too would see the light sooner than later.

-----------------------

No, Nigeria is building those trains which is already available in India. Your assumption is wrong.

With a length of over thirteen-hundred kilometers, trains are expected to run at speeds of a hundred and twenty kilometers per hour.

Last edited:

brational

Country flag

Oh, then why you guys cheated your best friend with non operational engines? Because you guys have taken pak for granted as whatever you sell them pak has to accept as no country will give them the engines with that kind of budget. Even India rejected their request.

BTW, if China sold such kind of rail system to saudi, be ready to receive them back at your port.
Whatever is good for Nigeria may not be good for India. Here the govt has to give justifications to 10 different authorites if something goes wrong unlike Nigeria/Bestfriendistan/Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:

amoy

:shocked:

Yes they will if provided for free, as living with baniyas like us for thousands of years, they have picked up some traits. :rofl: :taunt:

Also, lay a rail-line to Turkey to dispatch your Muslims there, Turkey has kindly agreed to save the Muslims from state oppression in China.

Given the track record of Chinese to complete projects ahead of schedule, I think this too would see the light sooner than later.

-----------------------

No, Nigeria is building those trains which is already available in India. Your assumption is wrong.

Ok, 18 crore of Indian Muslims would be happy to take Chinese trains on Hajj pilgrimage after your Govt subsidizes their flight to Saudi.

And it so happens that China did complete that for Turkey - China firm builds high-speed railway in Turkey- China.org.cn :thumb: If Turkey does wanna save muslims fm Chinese oppression we'd be obliged to help!

As a matter of fact India shall just keep Nigerian mode of rail that's more applicable for 3rd countries rather than the white elephant bullets.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles