J20 Stealth Fighter

republic_roi97

Country flag
Before that happens, PLA will be already landing on the island.
Well I don't see that happening in the near future. Logically speaking, Hong Kong is turning out be a huge headache for PRC, let alone a larger Taiwan, why would anyone want to move from a free market globalised republic to PRC ? Without people's support it wouldn't be possible until and unless they think that there wouldn't be any resistance afterwards.

smooth manifold

Country flag
F-16V jetfighter can outclass China's J-20: defense minister

Taipei, Sept. 23 (CNA) Taiwan's defense minister said Monday that the U.S.-made F-16V fighter jet can outclass China's Chengdu J-20 in a dogfight.

Yen De-fa (嚴德發) made the comment at a hearing of legislative Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee, which completed a preliminary review of a draft bill that would allow the government to create a special budget of up to NT$250 billion (US$8.07 billion) to buy 66 of the F-16V fighters from the U.S.

He was replying to legislators' questions about the ability of the F-16V compared to the Chengdu J-20, a fifth-generation stealth fighter developed by the Chengdu Aerospace Corp., in close aerial combat. The F-16V would have no problem beating the J-20, Yen said.

However, Air Force Chief of Staff Liu Jen-yuan (劉任遠) said that the chance of close-range air combat is slim because aerial battles between fighter aircraft are typically conducted at long range.

In addition, the F-16V is a much more capable weapon due to its active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, which provides long-range search and track capability against airborne targets, Liu said.

He also confirmed that the F-16V fighters, once purchased, will be stationed at Zhihang Air Base in Taitung County.

Asked whether the defense ministry has plans to buy the F-35 fighter, Yen said the Air Force "will have such a need going forward" to cope with any new threats posed by Chinese military action.

Besides cost considerations, another reason why the ministry decided to buy the F-16V instead of the F-35 is because it could start taking delivery of the F-16Vs from 2023, while it would take 10-15 years to take the F-35, Yen said
http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201909230017.aspx
lol Taiwan will be taken down by 2027. Mark my words. their days are numbered.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Before that happens, PLA will be already landing on the island.
Rather than obsessing about invading Taiwan, maybe you should try learning from them, about how to have economic success while giving your people all the freedoms of a democracy. Rather than the PRC way of making anyone critical disappear, putting a million Uighurs in concentration camps, arresting and harvesting organs of Falun Gong members, and trying to deny that tiananmen ever happened.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well I don't see that happening in the near future. Logically speaking, Hong Kong is turning out be a huge headache for PRC, let alone a larger Taiwan, why would anyone want to move from a free market globalised republic to PRC ? Without people's support it wouldn't be possible until and unless they think that there wouldn't be any resistance afterwards.
To be more accurate, you don't want that to happen, that's why you don't see that happening. It's true that HK is becoming a little itchy, but it's an exaggeration to say it's a huge problem. It's possible that HK will decline and lose its glory as an international financial center, but that's a huge problem for HK, not for China.

As for Taiwan, it doesn't really matter what the people on the island wants, it's what we want that truely matters and we want unification. Indians who fantasize about heavy resistance from Taiwanese after PLA lands on the island should get to know better about the situation and their mentality. PLA doesn't have to worry about resistance from Taiwan, but intervention from America. Intervention from the outside is what supports Taiwan's continuing pursuit of independence. Once every card has been played and war actually breaks out, as long as PLA successfully occupies the island and they will accept it and give up fighting.

The f16vs America sells to Taiwan are not supposed to be delivered until 2026, I personally doubt that PLA will wait that long to take actions. My observation is that the unification of Taiwan will happen around 2025, before President Xi retires.

republic_roi97

Country flag
To be more accurate, you don't want that to happen, that's why you don't see that happening. It's true that HK is becoming a little itchy, but it's an exaggeration to say it's a huge problem. It's possible that HK will decline and lose its glory as an international financial center, but that's a huge problem for HK, not for China.
Its an exaggeration that Hong Kong's resistance movement is only there because its supported by the West, it would be there even without the west's support, what make you think that people won't start a resistance movement after unification ? The demands of millions of people just couldn't be suppressed by the CPC. It will sooner or later cause a lot of distress.
As a matter of fact I do want that Taiwan, HongKong, Macau gets unified with China, its just now after China is nearly developed and fully industrialized, people should get to see the light of the entire world. I am not the one who wants to break China into pieces, I just want them to reform their system.

Deathstar

Country flag
China is obviously prepared to fight America over Taiwan.
Taiwan has American nuke umbrella ,in future Taiwan will get THAAD , Aegis defence system as only option for Taiwan is to defend against CPC.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Its an exaggeration that Hong Kong's resistance movement is only there because its supported by the West, it would be there even without the west's support, what make you think that people won't start a resistance movement after unification ? The demands of millions of people just couldn't be suppressed by the CPC. It will sooner or later cause a lot of distress.
As a matter of fact I do want that Taiwan, HongKong, Macau gets unified with China, its just now after China is nearly developed and fully industrialized, people should get to see the light of the entire world. I am not the one who wants to break China into pieces, I just want them to reform their system.
There are more than enough evidence to show that the west is behind the riots happening in HK. Without intervention from the west, HK would have already returned to peace. But that's not my point, my point is even if there is gonna be some sort of resistance movement after PLA takes over Taiwan, like what is happening in HK, it will not cause much trouble to China. Because the impact of any resistance movement that you think is gonna take place, no matter what the scale and length it is, will be confined inside the island, just like the fire that is burning HK never gets to spread to mainland China.

So the real problem for China is if PLA can take over the island of Taiwan with possible military intervention from America.

We are fine with our system, and we will keep reforming it according to our demands, but never will we postpone the unification of Taiwan just because others are unhappy with our system.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
66 F16V procurement of Taiwan is a significant development as Taiwanese Defense Minister has claimed it can take on J20 and defeat it because of its AESA radar and EW suite which shares commonality with F22 & F35 ,there is also programme to upgrade current F16 to block 70 standard and upgradation plans of mirage 2000 have also started said Taiwanese Defense Minister ,so chance of India getting M2K from Taiwan have fizzled out

Bhurki

66 F-16V is certainly a step in the right direction. Taiwan needs to significantly enhance its asymetric capabilities against mainland. Its quite obvious Taiwan can't win a long war of attrition.
So it should procure weapons that prevent a sudden decapitating strike from mainland and have enough punch to make the cost of invasion too high for PLA while waiting for the US.

Bhurki

but never will we postpone the unification of Taiwan just because others are unhappy with our system.
Wouldn't it be invasion/annexation ( as opposed to unification) if you consider Taiwan as 'others'?
The query of unification isn't as much about sovereignity but about vulnerability to political capacity. The main question China needs to answer itself is what price is it ready to pay for annexation of Taiwan? 20 years of development? Complete unrooting of existing frameworks?
Perhaps international community's answer to Russia's annexation of Crimea makes Chinese think it'll be too easy to get away with.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
There are more than enough evidence to show that the west is behind the riots happening in HK.
I have seen no such evidence. CCP is violating a treaty that ensures the people of HK enjoy freedom for at least 50 years. It doesn't take a genius to see why they are rioting by the hundreds of thousands.

republic_roi97

Country flag
There are more than enough evidence to show that the west is behind the riots happening in HK. Without intervention from the west, HK would have already returned to peace. But that's not my point, my point is even if there is gonna be some sort of resistance movement after PLA takes over Taiwan, like what is happening in HK, it will not cause much trouble to China. Because the impact of any resistance movement that you think is gonna take place, no matter what the scale and length it is, will be confined inside the island, just like the fire that is burning HK never gets to spread to mainland China.

So the real problem for China is if PLA can take over the island of Taiwan with possible military intervention from America.

We are fine with our system, and we will keep reforming it according to our demands, but never will we postpone the unification of Taiwan just because others are unhappy with our system.
Well then, good for you, and good luck with Taiwan and Hong Kong which wilo never be China unless China reforms and relaxes its policies, also so long that China has a one party system, there wouldn't ever be peace between India and China that is all that I wanted a day when both China and India had extensive cooperation. Good luck for the future.

Now let's prepare to annexe POK and cut off CPEC from China lol. :biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles