J15 touching and going on AC Liaoning

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
for deck-washing
Those are emergency fire suppressant system in case of deck fire. I think the system was first installed by the US Navy in its ACs after the accidental missile firing of a A4 Skyhook that caused a damaging fire on the deck and cook off of bombs (aircraft were armed on the deck at that time) killing several sailors and destroying several aircrafts.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Best comment even seen:

" Some CHinese sailers in USA-style uniform were waiting for French-style Helicopter landing on Russia-style AC.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Those are emergency fire suppressant system in case of deck fire. I think the system was first installed by the US Navy in its ACs after the accidental missile firing of a A4 Skyhook that caused a damaging fire on the deck and cook off of bombs (aircraft were armed on the deck at that time) killing several sailors and destroying several aircrafts.
Would also be used for chemical decon, I think.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the last pic seems to be on US AC.

You are sure that the last picture which you are showing sprinklers on the grass is from a US Aircraft Carrier?

Gad!

Imagine that!

They lay instant grass that is rolled up when flying!

I must say that they do care in keeping their sailors fit with recreation activities like playing golf.

It is sure looks a golf fairway being watered!

Fancy chaps, these Americans!

Last edited:

AprilLyrics

You are sure that the last picture which you are showing sprinklers on the grass is from a US Aircraft Carrier?

Gad!

Imagine that!

I must say that they do care in keeping their sailors fit with recreation activities like playing golf.

i mean the pic a man standing on black deck,showering around.its the last one of badguy's second floor.not sayakread's
Orz
besides,does the pic i give in #11 worked?CVN76 with sprinkle system on.
does VIKRAMATIA use a different way to clean its deck ?
PS.in will smith(spell wrong?)'s movie 'i am legend',he played golf on an aircraft deck....

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK.

In your post it was showing sprinklers on grass.

I was about to rib WG Ewald if the US thought their Navy was a recreation area? :)

I compliment the Chinese for beauty in their thoughts. Very poetic and musical - like your moniker April Lyrics.

Very soothing and lovely and beautiful!

Sheer poetry!

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Gad!

Imagine that!

Sir, I don't believe Astroturf requires water. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AstroTurf

Reactions: Ray

p2prada

It is a countermeasures washdown. It is used to clean the ship contaminated from CBR (Chemical, Biological and Radiological).

A lot of the washing happens inside the ship too,

An aqueous film forming foam(AFFF) is used along with sea water for the purpose.

They need to wear these suits during the cleaning because AFFF is a health hazard. Dunno why these guys aren't wearing goggles and gloves though, maybe AFFF is not being used in this test.

shiphone

Country flag
landing...

-----------------

the another prototype of JL9G trainer spotted...No 424(the other one 423)

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Now the Russian system is quite different as demonstrated by the IN Vikramaditya during sea trails. They appear to use one single very powerful hydrant to wash over the flight deck.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles