J&K: Two Jaish-e-Muhammed militants killed in Sopore encounter

Redhawk

PTI | Jan 18, 2015, 09.46 AM IST

SRINAGAR: Two Jaish-e-Muhammed militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Sopore town of north Kashmir.

Security forces cordoned off Saidpora village in Sopore following information about presence of militants in the area, a police officer said.

He said as the forces closed on the target house, the militants opened fire which was retaliated, triggering off the gunbattle.

Two militants were killed in the encounter.

Redhawk

SRINAGAR: Two Jaish-e-Muhammed militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Sopore town of north Kashmir.

Security forces cordoned off Saidpora village in Sopore following information about presence of militants in the area, a police officer said.

He said as the forces closed on the target house, the militants opened fire which was retaliated, triggering off the gunbattle.

[The] Two militants were killed in the encounter.
I'm beginning to dislike the word militant in English-language press reports about the fanatical and extremist Moslem murderers that commit acts of terrorism. To me, it gives too much credibility to these religiously motivated terrorists and criminals. Perhaps fanatic or extremist are better nouns and fanatical and extremist are better adjectives, but these 'militants" ought to be always described as what they are, terrorists.

Last edited:

vram

Country flag
Hadn't JeM almost disappeared from the scene in Kashmir a few years back? thier top commanders had been hunted down are paoched by the more successful LeT. Now they seem to be experiencing a second life. What is the cause of this? any special background games by the pakistanis? Or are they preparing ground for the banning and closure of LeT due to western pressure and their new Avatar will be JeM. hmm Whatever hope the military intelligence is seized of this matter

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
yup i was surprised when it was reported that it was JeM in sopore. initial news reports indicated them as LeT isn't it?
Then again i realised that it has been more than a decade that these groups have owned up an attack. if we remember the 90"s these guys used to own up to an attack immediately after,i wonder why they are not able to own up now a days.

Free Karma

How do the security forces identify which group a militant belongs to?

Redhawk

Punjabi Muslims are pathetic fighters. 25 years trying to liberate Kashmir and they've ended up doing diddly squat. Allah hates them. LOLZ.
Longer than that if one goes back to the first Indo-Pak War of 1947-48 over Kashmir.

Tamil Soldier

Longer than that if one goes back to the first Indo-Pak War of 1947-48 over Kashmir.
And if we go even longer than that, we see how these subjugated eunuchs converted to that cult at the point of sword and witnessed their precious land of five rivers under the heels of tyrannical foreigners for 900 years.

Even today Pashtuns think of Punjabi Muslims as inferior cowards who their ancestors stamped on.

Last edited:

Redhawk

And if we go even longer than that, we see how these subjugated eunuchs converted to that cult at the point of sword and witnessed their precious land of five rivers under the heels of tyrannical foreigners for 900 years.

Even today Pashtuns think of Punjabi Muslims are inferior cowards due who their ancestors stamped on.
Very good! I see you have considerably more historical knowledge, going further back into history, on these people than I.

Redhawk

I can't believe that the Indian security forces return some of the militants/fanatics that the army captures after these Moslem terrorists enter Kashmir.

Why aren't they interned or imprisoned? Even better, why aren't these vermin dispatched on the spot?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles